RPG 5.9
    APG 1.8
    SPG 1.2
    BPG 0.9
    FG% 0.453
    FT% 0.758
    3P% 0.333
    MPG 30.9

Look whos shooting better, scoring more, rebounding more, averaging more steals, blocks, and assists....in less minutes.

I think the situation can make a difference at times but i dont consider chandler to be in that much if at all a better situation then deng. What i mean by that is dengs got a great rookie point guard, derrick rose playing along side him. Ben Gordens a very good shooter who spreads the floor and opens things up. Chicago doesnt have the best front court, but at least they have a front court. Deng fell the **** off....he was real nice a couple years ago. Is he just off or doesnt care after gettin that nice contract?

chandler >> Luol deng

oo now this is an interesting comparison, i have been really surprised with deng's slow start, as said above hes playin uptempo with a future superstar in d-rose, nd im jst as surprised by chandler's fast start. at this moment, contracts aside, i would take chandler especially seeing how he gets better and better. i also like chandler's improving jump shot which i believe can elevate him from a 15 pt guy rite now to a 20-22 pt guy in the future. I also think chandler's rebounding is pretty good for a guy his size (his rebounding stats are obviously going to be helped now that hes one of bigger players on da team). In my mind neither of these guys will become superstars, but i believe chandler has the brighter future ahead of him

I wouldn't put too much into Deng's performance so far, he has to get used to playing with Rose. He may have stopped caring once he got his contract, but I don't think so. He doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

But still, I think Chandler is better. He's a better defender, and I think he'll be a better scorer once his jumper gets more consistent. Plus, Chandler has a lot of potential to get even better. I would much rather have Chandler on my team.

WOW MSG I really just got a feel for how good Wilson is, I mean I've known Wilson was good from his first Summer League game but couldnt find a player to use as a guage. I always liked Deng's game and have wanted him to be a Knick for awhile now. But damn it appears as if we have a better player than him in Wilson! I still expect Wilson to hit a wall this year. We have to remember that this is in a lot of ways like a rookie season for him so maybe come season's end Deng stats may look better but I wouldnt trade Wilson for Deng!

Originally Posted by New New York
    WOW MSG I really just got a feel for how good Wilson is. I always liked Deng's game and have wanted him to be a Knick for awhile now. But damn it appears as if we have a better player than him in Wilson! I still expect Wilson to hit a wall this year. We have to remember that this is in a lot of ways like a rookie season for him so maybe come season's end Deng stats may look better but I wouldnt trade Wilson for Deng!
    I wouldnt make that trade either. I would probably still consider deng to be better, especially after lookin at his stats the past couple of years and hes actually only 23. I thought he was older then that...Chandler is 21 and quickly gettin better. 14.9ppg is aint bad for someone who takes 13.3 shots per game but i think he needs to get to the free throw line more. And i think he will....hes got a complete game, but not fully developed yet. He can shoot, slash, and post up. Chandlers gonna learn a lot this year and really break out next year. Hes gonna learn how to get to the free throw line more, his shot will get better, his post game will get better. But im very happy with where hes at right now and i like his defense.

i find the bulls a very odd case, they have so much more talent than a lot of these teams in the east, im jst tryin to imagine how good this team wud be if they had a decent post game? i mean we hear this all the time about them going for a decent big man but it still has neva happened. imagine how scary this team wud be if they managed to get elton brand? im jst so surprised at how dissapointing they continue to be, and deng's recent struggles highlight the team atm

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    i find the bulls a very odd case, they have so much more talent than a lot of these teams in the east, im jst tryin to imagine how good this team wud be if they had a decent post game? i mean we hear this all the time about them going for a decent big man but it still has neva happened. imagine how scary this team wud be if they managed to get elton brand? im jst so surprised at how dissapointing they continue to be, and deng's recent struggles highlight the team atm
    They were real nice a couple of years ago. I think losing tyson chandler hurt them. But derrick rose is real nice, hes lived up to the hype. Whats happened with nocioni? Is he doing good this year? He was real nice a couple years ago. Maybe firing scott skiles was a bad move too. I remember they fired him on Christmas eve, those *******s. Thats what we should have done to isiah

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    They were real nice a couple of years ago. I think losing tyson chandler hurt them. But derrick rose is real nice, hes lived up to the hype. Whats happened with nocioni? Is he doing good this year? He was real nice a couple years ago. Maybe firing scott skiles was a bad move too. I remember they fired him on Christmas eve, those *******s. Thats what we should have done to isiah
    It would have made for a great Christmas present to all of us...

right now i can't say Chandler is better then Deng, even if he's better by a 10th of a pt or w/e, Chandler is in his second yr and is scoring some good numbers because he throws up a ton of shots and the team needs everyone to/gives him the opportunity to do that..I think Chandler is going to be a star in the future and will continue to get better real fast, but right now i don't think...who would suffer more, knicks with out chandler, or bulls with out deng, i think bulls; right now..

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

great thread MSG...always sparking this place up that what its been missing,that and some more "hongout" threads

anyways

great comparison they are both at around the same level you could say Deng's been off or just not getting as involved or he just hasn't worked hard enough to get better he simply doesnt have the drive..especially after getting a nice amount of dough coming your way

i think chandler is better because he plays hard everyday and it shows he is forced to gaurd bigger stronger players on a nghtly basis and he doesnt complain he excepts the matchups and he wants to show what he could do....he worked his ass off during the offseason and it showed in the summer league, training camp, pre-season and now during the season he's still working and wants to be the best he could be....as a result of his hard work he finds himself in the starting lineup on a reguvinated team for a great coach he's getting his opprotunities and he's making the best of them averaging just uder 15 a game and as a result he'll get more minutes and shots and he'll improve...

Chandler >>> Deng

Haha damn what a coincednece... Just the other day I was ripping on my friend in Chicago whose a bulls fan about Wilson Chandler being better than Loul. As of right no his number are better than Louls, but Im not so sure he's really actually better than him. Bu I'll tell you one thing its close. Wilson will be a better player than Deng when its all set and done however.

KnicksonLIN.com

I think Wilson Chandler's currently the second best player on the Knicks, after Al Harrington. I'm not sure if he's better than Deng, but he gets my vote.

Nyk Logo

Chandler got my vote, i think hes much better than Deng. He helps the knicks more than Deng helps the Bulls. Chandler is just a better choice, SEE MSG'S POST FOR THE PROOF.

Co-Sign MSG

Chandler>>>>Deng

give it to Deng for now. He may well just be having a slump year. Chandler would have to match or exceed his more productive seasons to really be called better. 13 odd shots per game and 15 points is pretty good though.

He'll get there.

I wouldn't just try to compare it using stats.

Afterall, D'Antoni offence is notorious for giving average players good stat sheet printouts.

However, Chandler has been great this year and if he continues this form will easily get the Most Improved Player award at the end of the season.

Deng is coming back from injury which is always hard, so a slump is no surprise there.