Stephon Marbury Rips D'Antoni, Knicks

KBlack25

Starter
"With his career in New York expected to be over, point guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at his teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni on Sunday. "When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, 'I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished," Marbury said. "They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

President Donnie Walsh, who is scheduled to meet with Marbury about a possible solution on Monday, suspended the point guard for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said he refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit.

"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury added. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in [Danilo] Gallinari, whose back is messed up and [who] didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me [in the season opener]. ... That's saying, 'I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me.""

Steph finally snaps, rips the team like he's done over and over and over again throughout his career. I give him credit for keeping his mouth shut this long, I think it was just a matter of time though...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's not like Mebury has been completely innocent in all of this. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it too.

"With his career in New York expected to be over, point guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at his teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni on Sunday. "When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, 'I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished," Marbury said. "They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

President Donnie Walsh, who is scheduled to meet with Marbury about a possible solution on Monday, suspended the point guard for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said he refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit.

"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury added. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in [Danilo] Gallinari, whose back is messed up and [who] didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me [in the season opener]. ... That's saying, 'I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me.""

Steph finally snaps, rips the team like he's done over and over and over again throughout his career. I give him credit for keeping his mouth shut this long, I think it was just a matter of time though...

You know what ? , I don't have a problem with anything at all he said hear because its all probably true and it kinda is the way things went down. He didn't go on saying anything crazy just the truth, I applaude him for that honestly. The only thing is, he deserved to have this happen to him because of all the dramma he braught to NY the past few years (my personal opinion?) Its called Karma Steph.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Good Rip

Good for Steph for finally saying something. I agree with his assesment that he was left out to die and no one spoke up for him when he was banished now they all want him to rescue them **** them, **** the knicks for behaving in this manner they are no better than Stephon and proved it. Marbury came into camp in great shape and was going to do whatever they needed of him and they did what they did and all of you are clouded because it is Marbury **** all of you to. you people act like you know it all but, don't know shit Marbury this year was going to be different but, Management was not counting on that so they created this circus that is to get him out what cowards.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Why do athletes always gotta reference war when talking about sports?! Its just a game. Anyway, that ***** is right for what he said. You always gotta defend yourself when other fools are shit-talking. Way to go steph. Hope you curse them all out when you get the **** out!!!

"Marbury this year was going to be different"

Really...... and what happened to the "Different" Marbury we've been promised for the last FEW years? I don't pretend to know everything, but I do have morals and values. Steph was fined $400k for 1 or 2 games , now I don't know about you but that's about 4 years of work for myself. If he dosen't want to be in NY he should take a cheaper buy-out or just go home and collect his remaining money from the Knicks and be happy not doing anything and collecting his millions. Why should the Knicks pay most of his salary? , so he can go try and get the same things we want in NY? (a Championship!) Its clear that he'll never suit up again for the Knicks and neither party want to "Play Nice" together so what would be fair for "BOTH" parties?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Why do athletes always gotta reference war when talking about sports?! Its just a game. Anyway, that ***** is right for what he said. You always gotta defend yourself when other fools are shit-talking. Way to go steph. Hope you curse them all out when you get the **** out!!!

Just to clarify things: First one was "niqqa" and second one was "f**k"

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's not like Mebury has been completely innocent in all of this. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it too.
What are you talking about????

Walsh said that everyone would come into the season with a "clean slate". D'Antoni wanted Steph to come into camp "in shape" and "ready to play", which he did. He had a great training camp and pre-season only to be told that he would not be in the team's plans.

I don't care what anyone says, playing an injured rookie ahead of him is total disrespect. Ignoring him all season and then coming to him when your shorthanded is total disrepect. Saying that him choosing not to play was not an act of insubordination and then suspending him without pay is totally disrespectful.

I don't agree with a lot of things Marbury has done in the past, but he's getting f***ked so hard right now by the Knicks. If he's not in the plans then don't ask him to play, get rid of him.

Also, this is some bullsh** to do this in a players' contract year. I've said from the beginning, if your not going to start him then fine but at least let him run with the second unit to at least show the league that he's still a valuable asset at least offensively. You never know, a team may have decided to take a chance on him for 1 season.

Steph has created a lot of mess in the past but he did not create this circus. This is all on management. Problem should of been handled months ago.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LOL @ Mebury for having the audacity of using the "betrayed in a foxhole" analogy. He's the one that abandoned his teammates first. Now he sees how it feels.

The fact remains that D'Antoni offered Mebury 30-35 minutes of playing time and he refused. D'Antoni gave him the option out of respect because he knew Mebury was in a difficult situation. He didn't force him to play but gave him the choice. And Mebury chose to bail on his teammates a second time. And now he's bitching about it. He should have still kept his mouth shut, I had more respect for him when he didn't say anything.

nyk_nyk

All Star
LOL @ Mebury for having the audacity of using the "betrayed in a foxhole" analogy. He's the one that abandoned his teammates first. Now he sees how it feels.

The fact remains that D'Antoni offered Mebury 30-35 minutes of playing time and he refused. D'Antoni gave him the option out of respect because he knew Mebury was in a difficult situation. He didn't force him to play but gave him the choice. And Mebury chose to bail on his teammates a second time. And now he's bitching about it. He should have still kept his mouth shut, I had more respect for him when he didn't say anything.
Why is D'Antoni offering him playing time when he's supposedly not in the teams plans? He was only in uniform because they had to suit up at least 10 players after the trades.

That's like saying the team doesn't need you today, but we may need you next week.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Marbury - Again

Perhaps the most damning indictment against Marbury is his complaint that none of his teammates spoke up for him. In any event, the drama is likely to end today. I see perhaps a $1.2M discount.

His first game against the Knicks should be interesting. He will probably drop 40 on us.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Why is D'Antoni offering him playing time when he's supposedly not in the teams plans? He was only in uniform because they had to suit up at least 10 players after the trades.

That's like saying the team doesn't need you today, but we may need you next week.

Same thing happened to Malik Rose. He was only playing because Jeffries was hurt. Malik has an expiring contract as well and is not in the team's future plans. But Malik played. Mebury chose not to. What if Malik refused, or Jerome James refused, or Curry refused? I would be bashing them too. It's a matter of principle.

What are you talking about????

Walsh said that everyone would come into the season with a "clean slate".

Did the coach say that? Cause last time I checked its the Coach who put player's on the floor, not the GM?

I don't agree with a lot of things Marbury has done in the past, but he's getting f***ked so hard right now by the Knicks. If he's not in the plans then don't ask him to play, get rid of him.

The Knicks would love to get rid of him , the problem is that Steph wants their money and a release. Why would the Knicks do that ?..... (again/buy-outs :))

Steph has created a lot of mess in the past but he did not create this circus.

^^^^^^^ enough said , you just answered your own question on why Steph is being treated so badly.

Same thing happened to Malik Rose. He was only playing because Jeffries was hurt. Malik has an expiring contract as well and is not in the team's future plans. But Malik played. Mebury chose not to. What if Malik refused, or Jerome James refused, or Curry refused? I would be bashing them too.

It's a matter of principle.

Well put :agreed:

Perhaps the most damning indictment against Marbury is his complaint that none of his teammates spoke up for him. In any event, the drama is likely to end today. I see perhaps a $1.2M discount.

His first game against the Knicks should be interesting. He will probably drop 40 on us.

WOW do you really believe that? If Steph finds a team that will sign him (not so sure) He's going to be a back-up to some team that is all ready established looking for a little extra scoring boost for the rest of the season, I don't see Marbury getting starters min. where ever he goes..... unless its Italy :teeth:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

hilarious...marbury sounds like an angel when he speaks(no homo)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Same thing happened to Malik Rose. He was only playing because Jeffries was hurt. Malik has an expiring contract as well and is not in the team's future plans. But Malik played. Mebury chose not to. What if Malik refused, or Jerome James refused, or Curry refused? I would be bashing them too. It's a matter of principle.
I don't think it's quite the same situation. Let me break it down for you:

Marbury is supposedly cut off from the team via a personal decision by D'Antoni. Sure, Rose is also not in the teams plans but if guys got into foul trouble coach wouldn't hesitate to put Rose in the game, unlike Marbury. Marbury is healthy and in the prime of his career and on the inactive list. Malik understands that he's always been just a role player with spot minutes on this team so why would he complain?

James was never part of this team and Curry didn't even bother to come into camp in shape plus he's injured so he's not expected to contribute.

Are they both getting paid by the KNICKS ? Are the both Pro atheletes ?

Marbury is supposedly cut off from the team via a personal decision by D'Antoni. Sure, Rose is also not in the teams plans but if guys got into foul trouble coach wouldn't hesitate to put Rose in the game, unlike Marbury. Marbury is healthy and in the prime of his career and on the inactive list. Malik understands that he's always been just a role player with spot minutes on this team so why would he complain?

Has Rose been known around the leage as a selfish me first player/coach killer/ chemistry killer....... the answer is NO. Rose has been a well liked and respected player wherever he's been.

James was never part of this team and Curry didn't even bother to come into camp in shape plus he's injured so he's not expected to contribute.

Are either one of these guy's even playing for Coach D ?...... nope

LJ4ptplay

Starter

You're missing the point. Mebury refused to play and if either of the previously mentioned players did the same, I would be bashing them as well. Why should Mebury get special treatment? If you think he does, then you don't understand the concept of team sports.