Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Marbury Banned from Knicks Thread

If you think about the whole picture here, Donnie and D'Antoni were actually quite brilliant with this. They both wanted Mebury gone before the season started but Dolan woudn't accept a buyout. Mike D knew most of the team hated him and wanted him gone, so the best thing to do was to bench him. Donnie and Mike D knew that it would be only a matter of time before Mebury would be an idiot and let his emotions get the best of him and give them grounds for insubordination. Now he's away from the team and the Knicks haven't had to buy him out. Brilliant!

Side note...Apparently Mebury only lasted 15 minutes before he threw another temper tantrum during the buyout negotiations. He stormed out of the talks and waited and pouted in his Rolls Royce while he waited for his lawyer. SMH. What an idiot. He is so out of touch with reality it's scary.

Marbury - who is in the final year of his contract and already has received two paychecks totaling $3.6 million of the $21.9 million due him - has said he plans to get himself into top shape with the anticipation that offers will come in from other NBA teams. But don't expect a bidding war (he'll likely earn a prorated veteran's minimum salary of $1.2 million), nor any clamoring for his services.

Especially after the latest episode and his comments ripping yet another coach. For those scoring at home, D'Antoni is the fourth straight Knicks coach with whom Marbury has had an issue in five seasons. In general manager circles, Marbury has been referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

"I do not think a lot of teams will have an interest, but I think there would be at least a couple of teams," one Eastern Conference team executive said. He added, "It will be fun to follow from the sidelines."

A Western Conference GM said a team might take a chance on Marbury, "especially if they have had an injury and feel like he can help them getting to the playoffs." He added, "I would be surprised if he gets more than a minimum [contract], though."

A GM of another Western Conference team was asked what kind of interest Marbury might attract around the league. "I can only speak for us," he said. "Highly unlikely."
    Haha! The "Mike Tyson" of the NBA. Too funny.

marbury is a good player, to bad he has a horrible attitude and thinks he bigger then the team as a whole, knicks did what they had to do.....get him away from the team and draw the teams attention away from him by stoping him from being around the team

What do Marbury, Bonds, A-Rod and a slew of other "superstars" have in common? 1.They were (are) the best/most talented players on their teams who have won NOTHING. (and I'm a yankee fan 4 life). Besides personal accolades (MVP, allstar appear., etc...). 2. They all require "preferetial" treatment (like that pretty girl u were obsesed over until u found out her puzzy was just the same as the next). 3. They all are the highest paid. 4. They get more attention than their teams. 5. Even as other less talented teams win yr in and out they still haven't figured out what's wrong.
    Not only has Mebury contributed to dividing the team it has even divided the knicks fans. The fans that suppprt him/his behavior personify his me 1st mentality. Here's another. What does Mebury and a child (and some juvenile posters) have in common? 1. They never take accountabilty/ responsibility its NEVER their fault. 2. They have an excuse for everything. 3. When worse comes to worse change the subject or distract by bringing up meaningless points. They are just immature and cannot comprehend things from an adult perspective. By the way real team players/winners like Jeter, Manning etc... NEVER put themselves b4 the team, weren't nor self considered the best and yet have achieved sporting IMMORTALITY barely into their 20's!!!!! Take a page out of a real winners book.
    Last edited by Red; Dec 02, 2008 at 10:47.

We were as bad as ever these last couple yrs. We hired Walsh but we had to speak about Marbury. We hired Dantoni- spoke about Marbury. Got off to a good start (exciting bball) -spoke about Marbury. Made some trades for 2010- attention to Marbury. Kids love attention and subsequently hate to be ignored see my post above. Do you see (sorry to bring this up again) Jeter, Manning craving attention/spotlight? After all this and you can't admit he is at the very least a negative distraction! Another thing (childs excuse) Marbury didn't have a big man or was on bad teams. So what was Garnet? I thought he was Starbury he should of been avging 25 to 30 pt per gm (fk it a triple doub) then "superstar". He came in good shape ready to play. Yeah in his 13th season!!! How bout this...Walsh and Dantoni came in ready to NOT PLAY and like the pre maddona child he couldnt take it. If you're a real fan and winning is a priority then u must support the TEAMS decision. If not then you are really not just a player-lover (homo intended) but a Knick hater. I don't want to see you on the Knick bandwagon when we get this turned around.

ok they should just by him out already. i think this whole marbury war thing is retarted and D'antoni should've just let him play from the beginning or buy him out before the start of the season so at least ewing jr. can play.
    and also...one thing i really don't get... Why is Jerome James still on our roster?!

Originally Posted by Red
    What do Marbury, Bonds, A-Rod and a slew of other "superstars" have in common? 1.They were (are) the best/most talented players on their teams who have won NOTHING. (and I'm a yankee fan 4 life). Besides personal accolades (MVP, allstar appear., etc...). 2. They all require "preferetial" treatment (like that pretty girl u were obsesed over until u found out her puzzy was just the same as the next). 3. They all are the highest paid. 4. They get more attention than their teams. 5. Even as other less talented teams win yr in and out they still haven't figured out what's wrong.
    Not only has Mebury contributed to dividing the team it has even divided the knicks fans. The fans that suppprt him/his behavior personify his me 1st mentality. Here's another. What does Mebury and a child (and some juvenile posters) have in common? 1. They never take accountabilty/ responsibility its NEVER their fault. 2. They have an excuse for everything. 3. When worse comes to worse change the subject or distract by bringing up meaningless points. They are just immature and cannot comprehend things from an adult perspective. By the way real team players/winners like Jeter, Manning etc... NEVER put themselves b4 the team, weren't nor self considered the best and yet have achieved sporting IMMORTALITY barely into their 20's!!!!! Take a page out of a real winners book.
    Originally Posted by Red
    We were as bad as ever these last couple yrs. We hired Walsh but we had to speak about Marbury. We hired Dantoni- spoke about Marbury. Got off to a good start (exciting bball) -spoke about Marbury. Made some trades for 2010- attention to Marbury. Kids love attention and subsequently hate to be ignored see my post above. Do you see (sorry to bring this up again) Jeter, Manning craving attention/spotlight? After all this and you can't admit he is at the very least a negative distraction! Another thing (childs excuse) Marbury didn't have a big man or was on bad teams. So what was Garnet? I thought he was Starbury he should of been avging 25 to 30 pt per gm (fk it a triple doub) then "superstar". He came in good shape ready to play. Yeah in his 13th season!!! How bout this...Walsh and Dantoni came in ready to NOT PLAY and like the pre maddona child he couldnt take it. If you're a real fan and winning is a priority then u must support the TEAMS decision. If not then you are really not just a player-lover (homo intended) but a Knick hater. I don't want to see you on the Knick bandwagon when we get this turned around.
    That pretty much sums it up for me.

Nyk Logo Stock Market surges on news of Marbury banishment

The stock market, one day after a record-setting downturn, soared higher today on news that Stephon Marbury has been banished from the Knicks training facility.

Already economists around the world are predicting that the expected 22 million dollar bailout plan will result in a speedy recovery in consumer confidence and overall outlook.

Originally Posted by nixon7
    The stock market, one day after a record-setting downturn, soared higher today on news that Stephon Marbury has been banished from the Knicks training facility.

Already economists around the world are predicting that the expected 22 million dollar bailout plan will result in a speedy recovery in consumer confidence and overall outlook.
    Good one.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    ok so if someone likes Marbury as a player and wants him to play and is a Knicks fan they should leave?
    No player is bigger then the team, i love Marbury but i think he should go now. Should i follow him to where ever he lands? fk no. As soon as we play against him i will abuse the **** out of him. Team always comes first.

It however pisses me off seeing people take enjoyment out of this whole situation, its embarrasing and a shame.
    Marbury is the best player on this team, unfortunatley himself and the coach\players have issues and its best he leaves.
    cosign entire post. This is making us the clown of the nba once again, even with a .500 record. Its disgusting how a knick fan can wish this much hate on a knick, then be happy and poke fun at other knick fans about it. Its jst really bad and gotta end soon. Get him somewhere where he can help his team win. Hes still a 15 and 7 point guard and the only way that could be proven is if he gets on the court somewhere. I was watching the friday espn game last week and they said Dallas has a lotta interest in marbury. Who knows we might get a good deal, maybe that kid bass?

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    It does'nt matter if people think he is the best player on the team.What matters is that we have TEAM PLAYERS that play on the team and thats exactly what we have now that Marbury is gone.
    So your agree?
    I dont think Marbs is the only issue either. There are a couple players in the squad that bitch to the media behind other players backs and arent man enough to come out and say who they are. These people need to be exposed

KnicksonLIN.com

What up, fellow Starbarian citizens of the world?

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    cosign entire post. This is making us the clown of the nba once again, even with a .500 record. Its disgusting how a knick fan can wish this much hate on a knick, then be happy and poke fun at other knick fans about it. Its jst really bad and gotta end soon. Get him somewhere where he can help his team win. Hes still a 15 and 7 point guard and the only way that could be proven is if he gets on the court somewhere. I was watching the friday espn game last week and they said Dallas has a lotta interest in marbury. Who knows we might get a good deal, maybe that kid bass?

i agree with the 15, and 7 stats, but i see him coming off the bench on another team so i dont think he'll put those numbers, and i dont see a trade coming, he just makes to much money for another team to match with, the mavs wud have to pair kidd with bass or something, nd i kno they wouldnt do that when they know they'll prob get a shot at him without having to give anything up

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42

Ewwww I hate Brandon Bass, personally. I know a lot of people were up on him but I personally would say no thank you. I don't know what Dallas would be willing to give up for Marbury but I think the most important thing first and foremost is NOT to take on any MORE bad contracts. That means to me a 1 for 1 deal to get Marbury out of here or a 3 for 1 or whatever is NOT going to be the best thing necessarily. Honestly I'd rather keep Steph and live with the inevitable circus than take on worse contracts. Steph is done after this year one way or another, it's important to keep out of salary cap hell and not fall right back into it.

I think some people here have a misappropriation of the whole Stephon Marbury hate that goes on on these boards. I personally have been outspoken against Steph, but my hate lies more with the blind Steph lovers on this board who shall remain nameless whose only mode of recourse is to insult and berate rather than have even a halfway intelligent discussion. I don't hate Stephon Marbury, I think he's probably a nice guy and everything but I can't shake the feeling that this guy is just holding the team hostage. Most guys would take a buyout for less $ if they weren't wanted and would go play some place else. Steph has refused this. That makes it hard for me to feel too bad for him, most guys his age would understand this is a business and perhaps he could take off to an actual playoff bound team. He is holding them hostage because of greed, plain and simple. No one is "making fun" of Knicks fans that are for Steph, but if you're for Steph, come with an argument and when someone responds don't refuse to respond and post boxing videos declaring yourself a winner. Discuss basketball, that's the whole point.

Thumbs down

this thread is really gay

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    this thread is really gay
    dude, get yourself another picture for your sig, Marbury is persona non grata as a Knick.