Official Marbury Banned from Knicks Thread

The Knicks will be a joke of a franchise long after Steph is gone. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind homer. This team sucks. Even if they somehow made the playoffs in the LEASTERN Conference, they'd get bumped first round. As long as D'antoni is coach, we'll be an undersized unit, that plays no defense. And that is a joke. No matter how many 130 point games there are.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
ok so if someone likes Marbury as a player and wants him to play and is a Knicks fan they should leave?
No player is bigger then the team, i love Marbury but i think he should go now. Should i follow him to where ever he lands? fk no. As soon as we play against him i will abuse the shit out of him. Team always comes first.

It however pisses me off seeing people take enjoyment out of this whole situation, its embarrasing and a shame.
Marbury is the best player on this team, unfortunatley himself and the coach\players have issues and its best he leaves.

It does'nt matter if people think he is the best player on the team.What matters is that we have TEAM PLAYERS that play on the team and thats exactly what we have now that Marbury is gone.

TunerAddict

Starter
The Knicks will be a joke of a franchise long after Steph is gone. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind homer. This team sucks. Even if they somehow made the playoffs in the LEASTERN Conference, they'd get bumped first round. As long as D'antoni is coach, we'll be an undersized unit, that plays no defense. And that is a joke. No matter how many 130 point games there are.

I'd rather make the playoffs and lose then not make them at all...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I'd rather make the playoffs and lose then not make them at all...

Preach it brother isn't that the truth? After all the terrible years that we have had to go threw I sure would'nt be mad if we made the playoffs and lost in the first round.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Knicks can't do a damn thing. Marbury is only willing to take 1 million less as of right now, according to reports. Dolan wants to pay Marbury as little as possible, and Walsh is against a buyout all together.

Knicks options: buy out or trade.

The issue with trading him is we will likely take back salary. Obviously the Knicks would need to come to a fair agreement with Marbury on a buyout to end this thing immediately. Ether that or live with the drama for the rest of the season.

Fordy

Rookie
Marbury being Out of sight and out of mind can only help the situation. Not saying I agree with but just saying this can only help.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Marbury is a scapegoat for a team who has not had a solid center, in years, something which is generally a mainstay, amongst the successful NBA teams. Without a good big man, it's tough in this league. Without having provided Marbury a good big man, I don't feel comfortable blaming him, or Crawford, for the failures of this team, contrary to many posters on this site, who point at our former backcourt, when assigning blame for our team's failures.

tiger0330

Legend
Let's take a look at the various team records of all the teams Marbury has left.

He was traded from Minnesota during the 1998/1999 season. The Wolves had a record of 45-37 the previous season. They wound up with a 25-25 record in the lock out shortened 98/99 season. However in the 1999/2000 season they finished with their best record in franchise history at 50-32.

He was traded from Minny to NJ and stayed there for part of 3 seasons. His first season there they finished 16-34 (good for last place). The next season they finished 31-51. And his final season in NJ they finished 26-56. The next season while Marbury was in Phoenix, the Nets finished 52-30 and won the Eastern Conference.

In 2001 he was traded to Phoenix. Phoenix had a 51-31 record the previous season. Marbury helped get them to a 36-46 record in his first season with them. That would be second to last in the Pacific Division. In his second full season with Phoenix they were able to finish at 44-38 which was good for 8th place in the conference. They lost in the first round to the eventual NBA Champion Spurs. Marbury was traded midway through the 2003/2004 season. The Suns were 12-22 when he was traded and finished the season 29-53. The Knicks were 14-21 before the trade and finished 39-43 to be the 7th seed in the East. Phoenix finished the next season 62-20, good for first place in the Western Conference.

His first full season in NY, the Knicks finished 33-49, missing the playoffs. The next season they finished 23-59. They finished 33-49 the next season (2006/2007). And finally last year when Marbury played only 24 games, the knicks finished 23-59.

There seems to be a pattern here...

Or to put it graphically see below. Based on this, the Knicks should finally have a winning record now that Mebury is gone, wouldn't surprise me if we did it this year after the surprising wins against the Wiz and Warriors.

Minnesota

96-97 40-42 .488

97-98 45-37 .549

98-99 25-25 .500

99-00 50-32 .610 Year after Marbury left

New Jersey

97-98 43-39 .524 Year before Marbury arrived

98-99 16-34 .320

99-00 31-51 .378

00-01 26-56 .317

01-02 52-30 .634 Year after Marbury left

Phoenix

00-01 51-31 .623 Year before Marbury arrived

01-02 36-46 .439

02-03 44-38 .537

03-04 29-53 .354

04-05 62-20 .756 Year after Marbury left

New York

02–03 37-45 .451 Year before Marbury arrived

03–04 39-43 .476

04–05 33-49 .402

05–06 23-59 .280

06-07 33-49 .402

07-08 23-59 .280

Last edited:

CoolClyde

So long Starbaby

:boohoo:bye bye baby... go collect your millions and take a cry and a crap in your rolls royce,
and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
We're all better off letting the "best point guard in the NBA"
take his negatude to another team.

This situation was a total embarrassment/disappointment to the team
and to New Yorkers, who work hard for their money, just to live in this
great town. Kudos to Walsh for taking charge and making it happen,
sooner than later.

I feel real sorry for Me-bury, he tried at first, but eventually followed a
mental downward spiral, and succumbed to being the headcase that he is.

Duhon the Dime will prove to be the better team player.

I think we're two players away from championship material:
Thabeet and LBJ.... dream on.

"It?s like we?re in a foxhole and I?m facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn?t even give me an honorable death"

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If you think about the whole picture here, Donnie and D'Antoni were actually quite brilliant with this. They both wanted Mebury gone before the season started but Dolan woudn't accept a buyout. Mike D knew most of the team hated him and wanted him gone, so the best thing to do was to bench him. Donnie and Mike D knew that it would be only a matter of time before Mebury would be an idiot and let his emotions get the best of him and give them grounds for insubordination. Now he's away from the team and the Knicks haven't had to buy him out. Brilliant!

Side note...Apparently Mebury only lasted 15 minutes before he threw another temper tantrum during the buyout negotiations. He stormed out of the talks and waited and pouted in his Rolls Royce while he waited for his lawyer. SMH. What an idiot. He is so out of touch with reality it's scary.

Marbury - who is in the final year of his contract and already has received two paychecks totaling $3.6 million of the $21.9 million due him - has said he plans to get himself into top shape with the anticipation that offers will come in from other NBA teams. But don't expect a bidding war (he'll likely earn a prorated veteran's minimum salary of $1.2 million), nor any clamoring for his services.

Especially after the latest episode and his comments ripping yet another coach. For those scoring at home, D'Antoni is the fourth straight Knicks coach with whom Marbury has had an issue in five seasons. In general manager circles, Marbury has been referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

"I do not think a lot of teams will have an interest, but I think there would be at least a couple of teams," one Eastern Conference team executive said. He added, "It will be fun to follow from the sidelines."

A Western Conference GM said a team might take a chance on Marbury, "especially if they have had an injury and feel like he can help them getting to the playoffs." He added, "I would be surprised if he gets more than a minimum [contract], though."

A GM of another Western Conference team was asked what kind of interest Marbury might attract around the league. "I can only speak for us," he said. "Highly unlikely."

Haha! The "Mike Tyson" of the NBA. Too funny.

H20

Rookie
marbury is a good player, to bad he has a horrible attitude and thinks he bigger then the team as a whole, knicks did what they had to do.....get him away from the team and draw the teams attention away from him by stoping him from being around the team

Red

TYPE-A
What do Marbury, Bonds, A-Rod and a slew of other "superstars" have in common? 1.They were (are) the best/most talented players on their teams who have won NOTHING. (and I'm a yankee fan 4 life). Besides personal accolades (MVP, allstar appear., etc...). 2. They all require "preferetial" treatment (like that pretty girl u were obsesed over until u found out her puzzy was just the same as the next). 3. They all are the highest paid. 4. They get more attention than their teams. 5. Even as other less talented teams win yr in and out they still haven't figured out what's wrong.
Not only has Mebury contributed to dividing the team it has even divided the knicks fans. The fans that suppprt him/his behavior personify his me 1st mentality. Here's another. What does Mebury and a child (and some juvenile posters) have in common? 1. They never take accountabilty/ responsibility its NEVER their fault. 2. They have an excuse for everything. 3. When worse comes to worse change the subject or distract by bringing up meaningless points. They are just immature and cannot comprehend things from an adult perspective. By the way real team players/winners like Jeter, Manning etc... NEVER put themselves b4 the team, weren't nor self considered the best and yet have achieved sporting IMMORTALITY barely into their 20's!!!!! Take a page out of a real winners book.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
We were as bad as ever these last couple yrs. We hired Walsh but we had to speak about Marbury. We hired Dantoni- spoke about Marbury. Got off to a good start (exciting bball) -spoke about Marbury. Made some trades for 2010- attention to Marbury. Kids love attention and subsequently hate to be ignored see my post above. Do you see (sorry to bring this up again) Jeter, Manning craving attention/spotlight? After all this and you can't admit he is at the very least a negative distraction! Another thing (childs excuse) Marbury didn't have a big man or was on bad teams. So what was Garnet? I thought he was Starbury he should of been avging 25 to 30 pt per gm (fk it a triple doub) then "superstar". He came in good shape ready to play. Yeah in his 13th season!!! How bout this...Walsh and Dantoni came in ready to NOT PLAY and like the pre maddona child he couldnt take it. If you're a real fan and winning is a priority then u must support the TEAMS decision. If not then you are really not just a player-lover (homo intended) but a Knick hater. I don't want to see you on the Knick bandwagon when we get this turned around.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
ok they should just by him out already. i think this whole marbury war thing is retarted and D'antoni should've just let him play from the beginning or buy him out before the start of the season so at least ewing jr. can play.
and also...one thing i really don't get... Why is Jerome James still on our roster?!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What do Marbury, Bonds, A-Rod and a slew of other "superstars" have in common? 1.They were (are) the best/most talented players on their teams who have won NOTHING. (and I'm a yankee fan 4 life). Besides personal accolades (MVP, allstar appear., etc...). 2. They all require "preferetial" treatment (like that pretty girl u were obsesed over until u found out her puzzy was just the same as the next). 3. They all are the highest paid. 4. They get more attention than their teams. 5. Even as other less talented teams win yr in and out they still haven't figured out what's wrong.
Not only has Mebury contributed to dividing the team it has even divided the knicks fans. The fans that suppprt him/his behavior personify his me 1st mentality. Here's another. What does Mebury and a child (and some juvenile posters) have in common? 1. They never take accountabilty/ responsibility its NEVER their fault. 2. They have an excuse for everything. 3. When worse comes to worse change the subject or distract by bringing up meaningless points. They are just immature and cannot comprehend things from an adult perspective. By the way real team players/winners like Jeter, Manning etc... NEVER put themselves b4 the team, weren't nor self considered the best and yet have achieved sporting IMMORTALITY barely into their 20's!!!!! Take a page out of a real winners book.

We were as bad as ever these last couple yrs. We hired Walsh but we had to speak about Marbury. We hired Dantoni- spoke about Marbury. Got off to a good start (exciting bball) -spoke about Marbury. Made some trades for 2010- attention to Marbury. Kids love attention and subsequently hate to be ignored see my post above. Do you see (sorry to bring this up again) Jeter, Manning craving attention/spotlight? After all this and you can't admit he is at the very least a negative distraction! Another thing (childs excuse) Marbury didn't have a big man or was on bad teams. So what was Garnet? I thought he was Starbury he should of been avging 25 to 30 pt per gm (fk it a triple doub) then "superstar". He came in good shape ready to play. Yeah in his 13th season!!! How bout this...Walsh and Dantoni came in ready to NOT PLAY and like the pre maddona child he couldnt take it. If you're a real fan and winning is a priority then u must support the TEAMS decision. If not then you are really not just a player-lover (homo intended) but a Knick hater. I don't want to see you on the Knick bandwagon when we get this turned around.

:agreed: That pretty much sums it up for me.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Stock Market surges on news of Marbury banishment

The stock market, one day after a record-setting downturn, soared higher today on news that Stephon Marbury has been banished from the Knicks training facility.

Already economists around the world are predicting that the expected 22 million dollar bailout plan will result in a speedy recovery in consumer confidence and overall outlook.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The stock market, one day after a record-setting downturn, soared higher today on news that Stephon Marbury has been banished from the Knicks training facility.

Already economists around the world are predicting that the expected 22 million dollar bailout plan will result in a speedy recovery in consumer confidence and overall outlook.

Good one.

:rofl:

ok so if someone likes Marbury as a player and wants him to play and is a Knicks fan they should leave?
No player is bigger then the team, i love Marbury but i think he should go now. Should i follow him to where ever he lands? fk no. As soon as we play against him i will abuse the shit out of him. Team always comes first.

It however pisses me off seeing people take enjoyment out of this whole situation, its embarrasing and a shame.
Marbury is the best player on this team, unfortunatley himself and the coach\players have issues and its best he leaves.
cosign entire post. This is making us the clown of the nba once again, even with a .500 record. Its disgusting how a knick fan can wish this much hate on a knick, then be happy and poke fun at other knick fans about it. Its jst really bad and gotta end soon. Get him somewhere where he can help his team win. Hes still a 15 and 7 point guard and the only way that could be proven is if he gets on the court somewhere. I was watching the friday espn game last week and they said Dallas has a lotta interest in marbury. Who knows we might get a good deal, maybe that kid bass?

Pricey

Rotation player
It does'nt matter if people think he is the best player on the team.What matters is that we have TEAM PLAYERS that play on the team and thats exactly what we have now that Marbury is gone.
So your agree?
I dont think Marbs is the only issue either. There are a couple players in the squad that bitch to the media behind other players backs and arent man enough to come out and say who they are. These people need to be exposed