Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Marbury Banned from Knicks Thread

Default you guys are kidding me

Steph is getting exactly what he deserves. Also Walsh and D'antoni have handled this guy very well. If D'Antoni had played Marbury during the season he would have lost the team like Isiah did last year. He played in the pre-season as a showcase to other teams. His large contract and team wreaker reputation made him impossible to move. And one more important thing, teams are bad because Marbury is on the team. It has nothing to do with who he plays with. He couldn't play with Garnett. The Nets and Phoenix both significantly improved after they dumped his ego and hopefully so will the Knicks. Face facts everyone, he is a very bad guy and an awful teammate. If he had a brain, he'd have an agent who could have advised him on how to get a buyout and move on. Instead he acts like a cheap baby. He's finished. Walsh should do what he wants to this jerk.

Banned

Originally Posted by knicklover
    The following statement was released this afternoon by Donnie Walsh, President, Basketball Operations of the New York Knicks:

“After meeting with Stephon and his representative this afternoon, we have directed Stephon not to participate in practice or attend games until further notice. We want to continue to meet with him to discuss a long-term resolution.”
    WOOHOO!! Eat **** Marbury lovers!!

Just do us all a favor and please, please leave with him! We know you guys are not Knicks fans. So please dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Originally Posted by King Ewing

Just do us all a favor and please, please leave with him! We know you guys are not Knicks fans. So please dont let the door hit you on the way out!

lol some1 is happy to see him gone

Originally Posted by King Ewing

ok so if someone likes Marbury as a player and wants him to play and is a Knicks fan they should leave?
    No player is bigger then the team, i love Marbury but i think he should go now. Should i follow him to where ever he lands? fk no. As soon as we play against him i will abuse the **** out of him. Team always comes first.

It however pisses me off seeing people take enjoyment out of this whole situation, its embarrasing and a shame.
    Marbury is the best player on this team, unfortunatley himself and the coach\players have issues and its best he leaves.

Let's take a look at the various team records of all the teams Marbury has left.

He was traded from Minnesota during the 1998/1999 season. The Wolves had a record of 45-37 the previous season. They wound up with a 25-25 record in the lock out shortened 98/99 season. However in the 1999/2000 season they finished with their best record in franchise history at 50-32.

He was traded from Minny to NJ and stayed there for part of 3 seasons. His first season there they finished 16-34 (good for last place). The next season they finished 31-51. And his final season in NJ they finished 26-56. The next season while Marbury was in Phoenix, the Nets finished 52-30 and won the Eastern Conference.

In 2001 he was traded to Phoenix. Phoenix had a 51-31 record the previous season. Marbury helped get them to a 36-46 record in his first season with them. That would be second to last in the Pacific Division. In his second full season with Phoenix they were able to finish at 44-38 which was good for 8th place in the conference. They lost in the first round to the eventual NBA Champion Spurs. Marbury was traded midway through the 2003/2004 season. The Suns were 12-22 when he was traded and finished the season 29-53. The Knicks were 14-21 before the trade and finished 39-43 to be the 7th seed in the East. Phoenix finished the next season 62-20, good for first place in the Western Conference.

His first full season in NY, the Knicks finished 33-49, missing the playoffs. The next season they finished 23-59. They finished 33-49 the next season (2006/2007). And finally last year when Marbury played only 24 games, the knicks finished 23-59.

There seems to be a pattern here...

Veteran

The Knicks will be a joke of a franchise long after Steph is gone. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind homer. This team sucks. Even if they somehow made the playoffs in the LEASTERN Conference, they'd get bumped first round. As long as D'antoni is coach, we'll be an undersized unit, that plays no defense. And that is a joke. No matter how many 130 point games there are.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    ok so if someone likes Marbury as a player and wants him to play and is a Knicks fan they should leave?
    No player is bigger then the team, i love Marbury but i think he should go now. Should i follow him to where ever he lands? fk no. As soon as we play against him i will abuse the **** out of him. Team always comes first.

It however pisses me off seeing people take enjoyment out of this whole situation, its embarrasing and a shame.
    Marbury is the best player on this team, unfortunatley himself and the coach\players have issues and its best he leaves.
    It does'nt matter if people think he is the best player on the team.What matters is that we have TEAM PLAYERS that play on the team and thats exactly what we have now that Marbury is gone.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    The Knicks will be a joke of a franchise long after Steph is gone. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind homer. This team sucks. Even if they somehow made the playoffs in the LEASTERN Conference, they'd get bumped first round. As long as D'antoni is coach, we'll be an undersized unit, that plays no defense. And that is a joke. No matter how many 130 point games there are.
    I'd rather make the playoffs and lose then not make them at all...

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I'd rather make the playoffs and lose then not make them at all...
    Preach it brother isn't that the truth? After all the terrible years that we have had to go threw I sure would'nt be mad if we made the playoffs and lost in the first round.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

The Knicks can't do a damn thing. Marbury is only willing to take 1 million less as of right now, according to reports. Dolan wants to pay Marbury as little as possible, and Walsh is against a buyout all together.

Knicks options: buy out or trade.

The issue with trading him is we will likely take back salary. Obviously the Knicks would need to come to a fair agreement with Marbury on a buyout to end this thing immediately. Ether that or live with the drama for the rest of the season.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

^ i say this thing doesnt get settled till around the deadline thats when Walsh is most active

Marbury being Out of sight and out of mind can only help the situation. Not saying I agree with but just saying this can only help.

Marbury is a scapegoat for a team who has not had a solid center, in years, something which is generally a mainstay, amongst the successful NBA teams. Without a good big man, it's tough in this league. Without having provided Marbury a good big man, I don't feel comfortable blaming him, or Crawford, for the failures of this team, contrary to many posters on this site, who point at our former backcourt, when assigning blame for our team's failures.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    Let's take a look at the various team records of all the teams Marbury has left.

He was traded from Minnesota during the 1998/1999 season. The Wolves had a record of 45-37 the previous season. They wound up with a 25-25 record in the lock out shortened 98/99 season. However in the 1999/2000 season they finished with their best record in franchise history at 50-32.

He was traded from Minny to NJ and stayed there for part of 3 seasons. His first season there they finished 16-34 (good for last place). The next season they finished 31-51. And his final season in NJ they finished 26-56. The next season while Marbury was in Phoenix, the Nets finished 52-30 and won the Eastern Conference.

In 2001 he was traded to Phoenix. Phoenix had a 51-31 record the previous season. Marbury helped get them to a 36-46 record in his first season with them. That would be second to last in the Pacific Division. In his second full season with Phoenix they were able to finish at 44-38 which was good for 8th place in the conference. They lost in the first round to the eventual NBA Champion Spurs. Marbury was traded midway through the 2003/2004 season. The Suns were 12-22 when he was traded and finished the season 29-53. The Knicks were 14-21 before the trade and finished 39-43 to be the 7th seed in the East. Phoenix finished the next season 62-20, good for first place in the Western Conference.

His first full season in NY, the Knicks finished 33-49, missing the playoffs. The next season they finished 23-59. They finished 33-49 the next season (2006/2007). And finally last year when Marbury played only 24 games, the knicks finished 23-59.

There seems to be a pattern here...
    Or to put it graphically see below. Based on this, the Knicks should finally have a winning record now that Mebury is gone, wouldn't surprise me if we did it this year after the surprising wins against the Wiz and Warriors.

Minnesota

96-97 40-42 .488

97-98 45-37 .549

98-99 25-25 .500

99-00 50-32 .610 Year after Marbury left

New Jersey

97-98 43-39 .524 Year before Marbury arrived

98-99 16-34 .320

99-00 31-51 .378

00-01 26-56 .317

01-02 52-30 .634 Year after Marbury left

Phoenix

00-01 51-31 .623 Year before Marbury arrived

01-02 36-46 .439

02-03 44-38 .537

03-04 29-53 .354

04-05 62-20 .756 Year after Marbury left

New York

02–03 37-45 .451 Year before Marbury arrived

03–04 39-43 .476

04–05 33-49 .402

05–06 23-59 .280

06-07 33-49 .402

07-08 23-59 .280
    Last edited by tiger0330; Dec 02, 2008 at 02:54.

Default So long Starbaby

bye bye baby... go collect your millions and take a cry and a crap in your rolls royce,
    and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
    We're all better off letting the "best point guard in the NBA"
    take his negatude to another team.

This situation was a total embarrassment/disappointment to the team
    and to New Yorkers, who work hard for their money, just to live in this
    great town. Kudos to Walsh for taking charge and making it happen,
    sooner than later.

I feel real sorry for Me-bury, he tried at first, but eventually followed a
    mental downward spiral, and succumbed to being the headcase that he is.

Duhon the Dime will prove to be the better team player.

I think we're two players away from championship material:
    Thabeet and LBJ.... dream on.

"It’s like we’re in a foxhole and I’m facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn’t even give me an honorable death"