Ok I know I'm going to get negative rep points for this one!

New New York

Quiet Storm
LOL, I have gone over this in my head for awhile, and I know I'm gonna get it for this but......I really think Eddy Curry could help us out significantly! Ok stop laughing and give me a chance to explain.

Ok first off the idea that he is a franchise player is over! I think it was a nice try by Isiah but he just isnt that sought of player, he doesnt have the qualities needed to lead any team. Having said that I can see him a pretty nice role player. Last year was a bad year for him and he put up 14 pts and a pathetic 4 rebs per in 25 mins. Those are horrible numbers for a player dubbed the frachise player, but, very solid role player numbers. Now we all know that Eddy's production fell because he played a long side of Zach Randolph, but ofcourse now it isnt an issue anymore. Now I'm not suggesting we start him, I think even those days are gone for Eddy Winslow, but David Lee and Mike Dantoni talked about inserting him in to help wear down big men at the end of the game and I think they may be on to something.

Now there are still some very big hurdles to overcome; 1.Eddy has yet to practice with the team since the regular season started, not to mention he was already out of shape and Dantoni said he isnt playing Eddy until he is in playing shape. Translation: Eddy may not be seen until sometime around the trade deadline!

2. Eddy will need to do what he has never been good at...pass!: Ok lets just say Mike D and our trainers can get him in decent shape (stop laughing again!), the deal breaker would have to be the fact that Eddy simply cant pass the ball! But if Mike Dantoni can make a halfway decent passer out of Zach it isnt completley improbable to think he can do the same for Eddy is it?

Look all I know is that currently we have zero scoring options in the post. I think that 3 pt shooting will win us games but we need to score more consitently inside, and there is no one better on the block on our team than Eddy!

Look I know Eddy's lack of work ethic has pissed off most Knick fans and I'm still one of them who are pissed with him but Mike is going to have to realize that he is no Dwight Howard nor Amare, but he is the best he has on the team in regards to low post scoring...bottom line as much as I hate Jerome James (and beleive me I really hate him) if I thought he could somehow help us I would be all for it!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
100% agreed. You can only cook with what you have.
He's played well in the past. Give him a shot. He's big and we're gonna need him through the next 2 months against bigger teams.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
SMH, You're better than that New New York. Eddy Curry is a cancerous player. He has no defense, rebounding, passing, foul shooting, conditioning, or effort. He and Quentin Richardson have been a major part of the Knicks' failure, these last 3 years. It's not their fault Isiah Thomas traded for them, but still.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
SMH, You're better than that New New York. Eddy Curry is a cancerous player. He has no defense, rebounding, passing, foul shooting, conditioning, or effort.

i wouldnt say hes cancerous, but abcd hit the nail on what curry doesnt have. but as a role player, in limited minutes i wudnt mind (nd defense doesnt matter). if he can get in better shape (i highly doubt it) i wudnt mind the knicks giving him 10-15 min

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
SMH, You're better than that New New York. Eddy Curry is a cancerous player. He has no defense, rebounding, passing, foul shooting, conditioning, or effort. He and Quentin Richardson have been a major part of the Knicks' failure, these last 3 years. It's not their fault Isiah Thomas traded for them, but still.

off topic.. why did you rep go down

JayJ44

Starter
The problem with Eddy has never been talent, it's his work ethic. Last I heard, he had a problem with his knee that was stopping him from training. I don't know if that's healed or not, but he has to work hard to get back in shape if it is. If he does get in shape, then we have to play him. If nothing else, he provide some much needed size. I wouldn't give him too many minutes, just some here and there when our shots aren't hitting or we're facing a team with a lot of size. Problem is, I doubt he will get in shape. If he hasn't cared enough to get in good shape so far, why would anything change? But if he does, I'm all for playing him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
The problem with Eddy has never been talent, it's his work ethic. Last I heard, he had a problem with his knee that was stopping him from training. I don't know if that's healed or not, but he has to work hard to get back in shape if it is. If he does get in shape, then we have to play him. If nothing else, he provide some much needed size. I wouldn't give him too many minutes, just some here and there when our shots aren't hitting or we're facing a team with a lot of size. Problem is, I doubt he will get in shape. If he hasn't cared enough to get in good shape so far, why would anything change? But if he does, I'm all for playing him.

co-sign we give him a weight he must reach he gets there he plays as simple as that if he wants to play he better earn it....his fat ass aint no different from all the players that had to work hard to play(Lee,Chandler Nate etc.)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
co-sign we give him a weight he must reach he gets there he plays as simple as that if he wants to play he better earn it....his fat ass aint no different from all the players that had to work hard to play(Lee,Chandler Nate etc.)

agreed, i just dont see him giving that extra effort, its like he doesnt realize his talent isnt enough

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I once said Eddie Curry would be a Shaq like player. That wasn't an original thought or that far fetched of a prediction at the time because even Shaq said Curry would be a dominate center in the league once he's gone. But Curry is just ****ing lazy. It's not a question of can he do it, it's a question of does he want to do it. The shit you guys have talked about, rebounding, blocking and passing out of double teams doesn't take much talent. You do need to be tall or be able to jump to get a board, but if you are tall and have a decent wing span shot blocking shouldn't be much of an issue. It's just a matter of effort. I agree that Curry 'can' be a good role player, maybe even a third scoring option, but he's got to lay off of the fried Twinkies and live in the gym. Curry's at a crossroads. He can move forward and be a productive player, maybe even an All-star one day (he came close before and there aren't many centers left in the league) but if he doesn't get his shit together he'll just be another wasted talent.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
My rep power didn't go down. It was always 2. For some reason, I have 49 reputation points, but my rep power is still 2. It should be at least 5, but whatever.

LMAO i got lie 36 and im at 1 loll..w.e i dont really give a **** about that shit

portega1968

El Cacique
Marbury is like George Bush, Sarah Palin, Manny Ramirez or Pedro Rossello... you either hate them or love them, there's no middle ground.

On the other hand, Curry and James are like Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears... you read all the bullshit, many times you feel sorry for them and other times you can't believe how fuucked up they are... but in the end, you really don't give a dang what happens to them.

It's definitely not fair but that's how the cookie crumbles.

de otra parte hermanito, can't stop thinking that Carlitos would've been a monster in D'Antoni's offense but homeboy had 2 go 2 Maccabi to get some respect.

To stay on topic, I think Curry may eventually give us some 15 minutes per game off the bench to get our 3pt shooters some space and counter some of the bigs out there on the post. But no way should we ever start his fat azz again cause he's only worth like 4 minutes at a time before he huffs and puffs his poor little heart out.

Where's Dirk with his valuable insight on these twinkie-loving pieces of caca?

nyk_nyk

All Star
When and if Curry ever gets into playing shape, I would certainly welcome his low post offense at times during games. He's not starting material right now, but if they could at least develop some plays for him late in the game it would be a nice balance to the heavy perimiter offense the team curently runs.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying he should close out games for us. All I'm saying is that he may draw some double teams in

nyk_nyk

All Star
When and if Curry ever gets into playing shape, I would certainly welcome his low post offense at times during games. He's not starting material right now, but if they could at least develop some plays for him late in the game it would be a nice balance to the heavy perimiter offense the team curently runs.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying he should close out games for us. All I'm saying is that he may draw some double teams in the post which will create better looks for our many shooters. We can use him like Boston uses House. House isn't a good defender or passer, he just shoots well and keeps the defense honest against their big 3.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't really understand how Marbury got dragged into this thread too... But since you brought it up here's my 2 cents.

First off, Knicks are rebuilding now. If we played Marbury this season there are two possible outcomes. Either he plays his normal half-decent game and we don't gain anything from playing him, maybe a couple of wins but certainly nothing significant. However we would LOSE the chance to build up a PG who is going to be with this team in the future. It could go the other way and he plays great, wins us a few more games even, maybe by some miracle get us into top 8. But what's gonna happen in the playoffs? We wouldn't go anywhere, and there is no way in hell Marbury would re-sign with the Knicks or that they would want him to. Either way we lose the opportunity to build up a decent PG for our future.

Marbury even said he would come off the bench this season for D'antoni, but then said that he felt dissed by D'antoni for playing Galli ahead of him in preseason, showing he wasn't really sincere about that. I'm not dissing him for it, just pointing out he wouldn't really be happy as a role player and that wouldn't do anything for building up the team either. I do understand he has a right to be pissed to show up in great shape and try hard for a spot on the team and get overlooked due to the past, but karma is a bitch after all.

As far as Curry goes, I don't think he got a "free pass". His faults we're pointed out numerous times in this thread, and personally I don't view him as a cancer on this team apart from the fact he drains 10mil of salary and doesn't play. He said himself he was disappointed and understood D'antoni's disappointment with him for showing up to camp unfit. It's a shame he never worked on it because if he does he could prove of some value coming off the bench for us.

The sad thing about this team is the lack of diversity, but playing Curry a bit and getting something of value in return for him could do us a world of good.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Why do guys like Curry and James get the free pass, but everyone is rocking Marbury's dick?

I sure as hell don't give either of them a "free pass" and if it were up to me Steph would be playing right now! I think with Jerome James you dont even really consider him apart of the team anymore, really no one expects anything for him! Furthermore I have never heard one fan say they like Jerome James! Look like it or not Steph's days appear over with this team and this Thread was about working with what we have moving forward. But please don't twist it as me "liking" Eddy, I think on Franchise known for two of the 50 greatest Centers Eddy's work ethic and performance has been a bit of a disgrace! But name a bette low post scorer on our roster.

Plus how the hell does a Stephon Marbury argument find it's way into every Thread on this site?