Teams showing interest in Starbury.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i think the heat should pick him up...they need a pg and wade and marbury will be a awesome back court as long as steph keeps his cool.

GetRealistic

Starter
Marbury career blows Parker out of the water.
Only claim to fame Parker has is being Tim Duncan's poodle and Eva Longoria's bitch.

We're not talkin about Stephon Marbury 6 years ago (who i still wouldn't have wanted on my team), we're talking about present day Stephon Marbury. You hontestly think Marbury is better then Tony Parker? Come on man. I know your cought up in the argruement but thats not even remotely close to true.

Parker plays team ball and continues to get better every season not to mention he has rings while Marbury hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Only claim to fame Parker has is being Tim Duncan's poodle and Eva Longoria's bitch.

How many rings does Marbury have again? Oh yea! Sorry but I would take Parkers career any day as any team player would. Individual career stats mean nothing unless you hold a record in a particular category. Even then most people would rather a ring. Ask our man Ewing if he would trade away some blocks, rebounds and points for a ring...Im sure you know his answer.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I wouldn't say there's a lot of interest in Mebury, but some team will sign him for $1-3 mil for one year. I just think it's funny that Cancerburians are touting this as evidence for Mebury as a good option for a team. Clearly, if he was as great as Cancerburians say he is, Mebury would have had multiple offers for lucrative deals at multiple years by now.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/12/the_mike_tyson_of_the_nba.html
Several team executives believe at least one team will make a play for him, but for nothing more than the pro rated amount of the $1.2 million veteran's minimum. Then if anything goes wrong, you can easily eat the relatively cheap contract and send him packing.

But there are great concerns about the player that, in GM circles, is referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

For instance, this came from a well-connected scout with many years in the league:

"I can't see anyone taking that risk. I think some teams were interested but now they would rather not. History tends to follow people and his is not good. It's always someone else's fault with him. I'm not there or in their locker room, but it just doesn't look good. It's too bad because I still think he can play. No one wants to deal with that in their locker room. He's not only lost respect from the organization, but also his teammates. When you lose your family what else is left?"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix025949243dec02,0,215102.story
"I do not think a lot of teams will have an interest, but I think there would be at least a couple of teams," one Eastern Conference team executive said. He added, "It will be fun to follow from the sidelines."

A Western Conference GM said a team might take a chance on Marbury, "especially if they have had an injury and feel like he can help them getting to the playoffs." He added, "I would be surprised if he gets more than a minimum [contract], though."

A GM of another Western Conference team was asked what kind of interest Marbury might attract around the league. "I can only speak for us," he said. "Highly unlikely."

TunerAddict

Starter
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...aws_offer_heat_mavs_and_spurs_show_interest/#

Well so much for the ignorantes believing no team in the NBA wanted Starbury.
Funny how there were so many debeates about this, and that was one of their CORE points they held on to, now its been proven, by this and many other articles.

Spursfag must be spinning in his small dark room he patrols 24/7,

Owned.

Best place for Marbury is San Antonio.

Half court team.
He's as good or better than Parker(career wise, ability, skill, experience, passing, pick and roll, chance to play with a player like Duncan).
Spurs are weak in guard depth...this could be their chance to stay elite.
Plus Parker is frail and soon to be injury prone. A thin frail man who lives in the paint(close range shots) will absorb a lot of contact and physical play in his career. Parker isn't built for that realstically speaking. Spurs need a DURABLE, STRONG, and NEW YORK CITY SWAGGER PG...on the serious note.

Marbury
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

For the win.

internetdickwad.jpg

JayJ44

Starter
Marbury is more talented and a better player than Parker in my opinon. Not saying that anyone would rather have Marbury than Parker, but if Marbury behaved then that would be a very dangerous Spurs team. Marbury is a better shooter than Parker, much stronger, better defense. Parker's main strength is his speed, that's pretty much his whole game.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

ehh yea stats wise starbury has blown a lot of players out of the water, but im thinkin most guys wud take 3 rings, have tim duncan next to em, and be married 2 eva than average 20pts nd 8 asts per nite with no playoff wins. yea steph has neva had a championship team but steph had his chance 2 play with a hof big man (nd win some rings), but he decided he wanted 2 be the bigger man.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Im far from Parker fan.
He has real trouble with French national teams, because they dont have great post presence; he doesnt penetrate so well then, and shoots pretty bad. And I dont believe he could carry a team without all timers like CP, Devin Harris, Rose or Kidd few years ago.

But still, Marbury better for Spurs than Parker? no way
anyway, if Spurs do sign Marbury, best luck to him. maybe he puts Parker out of rotation (lol) and frees up Parker for us in 2011, his speed would rock in this system

nyk_nyk

All Star

Wow, you have got to be crazy. I'm a true marbury fan, but no way in the world we live in does Marbury's career eclipse Parker's. Your talking about a guy who has improved his game in every season while winning a couple championships as one of the main guys and not a role player. Parker has lit up many defenses for big points and may not be the best shooter, but he can finish with the best of them in traffic. Spurs are not the same team without Parker.

On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series. He was part of a sexual harassment suit and after the knicks will be the 5th team he's played for without much sucess. I'd say Parker's career is the superior one, obviously.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
idk about that one metro, marbury better then parker????

well i say this much, when marbury was in phoenix, tony parker was his son...marbury would always destroy em but parker was fresh in da league while marbury was in his prime....as of today marbury is not better then parker, i dont even think its close

tiger0330

Legend
The Spurs and the Jazz would be the worst teams for Marbury, you're talking about two old school coaches in Pops and Sloan that would not put up with any crap from Marbury. They are defensive teams and Marbury does not play a lick of defense contrary to what his fans think, take a look at 82games.com and look at his defensive composite score (DCS), he's in the bottom ten of all players in the league with a score of 1. The best team for Marbury would be a team that doesn't play a lick of D like the Warriors or the Knicks but the Knicks don't want him.

metrocard

Legend
We're not talkin about Stephon Marbury 6 years ago (who i still wouldn't have wanted on my team), we're talking about present day Stephon Marbury. You hontestly think Marbury is better then Tony Parker? Come on man. I know your cought up in the argruement but thats not even remotely close to true.

Parker plays team ball and continues to get better every season not to mention he has rings while Marbury hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs.

Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

How many rings does Marbury have again?

So according to you

Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?

You mean you would take Parker's TEAM.
Next time type what you MEAN, not what you want to say. That was a god awful post.

Marbury individually is superior to Parker.
Fact.

Im far from Parker fan.
He has real trouble with French national teams, because they dont have great post presence; he doesnt penetrate so well then, and shoots pretty bad. And I dont believe he could carry a team without all timers like CP, Devin Harris, Rose or Kidd few years ago.

But still, Marbury better for Spurs than Parker? no way
anyway, if Spurs do sign Marbury, best luck to him. maybe he puts Parker out of rotation (lol) and frees up Parker for us in 2011, his speed would rock in this system

Parker's limitations live in the shadow of Tim Duncan.

If Parker was so good, France would actually compete better in the Olympics. Even Carlos Arroyo who takes a depleted dysfunctional Puerto Rican team further than Parker can, and France has a better supporting cast than Puerto Rico.

Wow, you have got to be crazy. I'm a true marbury fan, but no way in the world we live in does Marbury's career eclipse Parker's. Your talking about a guy who has improved his game in every season while winning a couple championships as one of the main guys and not a role player. Parker has lit up many defenses for big points and may not be the best shooter, but he can finish with the best of them in traffic. Spurs are not the same team without Parker.

On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series. He was part of a sexual harassment suit and after the knicks will be the 5th team he's played for without much sucess. I'd say Parker's career is the superior one, obviously.

Son, watch how your using your words.

I don't care if you're Marbury's semen cell.
Parker can finish in traffic, is that it?
Marbury is MORE DYNAMIC. Parker has his limitations.

You're a MORON.

Spurs WON championships without PARKER and before Parker BLEW UP...remember Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter? So you're WRONG...Spurs were successful way before Parker, and they're still competing against other teams with scrubs like George Hill at PG who's producing Parker like numbers. Its the system and the opportunity to play with a HOFer like Duncan. These are factors you can't DENY.

Parker shoots 71% FT, at 30% 3pt...16 ppg and 5 assist for his career, he's not a good defender, once again one of his limitations hidden by Duncan's greatness. His turnover and assist RATIO SUCKS compared to the elite PG's of the NBA. Parker is 5.5/2.5 while Marbury for his career has been 8/3. Marbury is more a dynamic scorer, passer, shooter, creator, defender, penetrator, stronger, more powerful(combination of strength and speed).

It is no COMPETITION individually.

Its great Parker won championships with an ELITE team, but in comparision to the individuals Marbury has him beat.

You guys are truly some ignorant ass people to think so SIMPLE and assume I claimed Marbury was more successful winning wise as a NBA player.

I never presented that argument.

But since you guys suck and have nothing else to grab, you make up shit and argue with yourselves.

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong.

idk about that one metro, marbury better then parker????

well i say this much, when marbury was in phoenix, tony parker was his son...marbury would always destroy em but parker was fresh in da league while marbury was in his prime....as of today marbury is not better then parker, i dont even think its close

Marbury hasn't played a game yet, so its unfair to judge him.

Its also unfair for me to praise him NOW, but I'm using comparisons from the past, and overall skill and ability.

Parker is SERIOUSLY INJURED and will have a slow recovery, he's built for an injury prone career and will never be dynamic as Marbury. Even you know this.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

Marbury individually is superior to Parker.
Fact.

It is no COMPETITION individually.

Its great Parker won championships with an ELITE team, but in comparision to the individuals Marbury has him beat.

You guys are truly some ignorant ass people to think so SIMPLE and assume I claimed Marbury was more successful winning wise as a NBA player.

I never presented that argument.

But since you guys suck and have nothing else to grab, you make up shit and argue with yourselves.

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong

yea one on one marbury is better than almost all of the pg's of the league, he had the talent to be the best scorin pg ever, nd marbury>parker in the way you meant it. but in the end parker just doesnt have marb's attitude, and some ppl were jst born unlucky which seems to be marbury's case of always landing on bad teams. in the end i would take parker because he is a better teammate, and is more accustomed to winning. and as i said before marbury HAD his shot to play with a hof big man, his ego just got the better of him. im pretty sure every gm in this league wud take a healthy parker over a healthy marbury regardless of marbury's superior talent

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, metrocard.
lol at all the haterburys that thought no team wanted Marbury. Marbury is a 2x All Star with career averages of 19.7 points and 7.8 assists. Of course he's wanted.

On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series.

This is the faultiest of arguments against Steph IMO. Stat was a rookie and that phx team won 53 games. That means they succeeded with him. Plus you had to figure Joe Johnson and Stat would get better, and in D'amphony's system everyone in the rotation looks better than they really are (Duhon, Lee, Harrington, etc)

The Nets did not have Jefferson, or healthy KMart and Vanhorn. Huge difference.

Knicks just sucked and still do. And we will not be better when he leaves either. We'll still suck.

Theory shot.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
So metro, how many finals MVPs does Starbury have? How many in a finals series that included Tim Duncan and LeBron James? Just curious.