Teams showing interest in Starbury.

metrocard

Legend
Stephon Marbury had a standing offer to the Knicks that he was willing to give up $1 million of what is remaining on his contract.

However, Marbury changed his stance after Donnie Walsh wanted him to take roughly $3 million less.

When asked about the $1 million offer, Marbury told The Post last night: "It's off the table."

Hal Biagas has reached out to a number of teams already to gauge interest in Marbury. Miami, Dallas and San Antonio all have expressed interest, The Post has learned.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...aws_offer_heat_mavs_and_spurs_show_interest/#

Well so much for the ignorantes believing no team in the NBA wanted Starbury.
Funny how there were so many debeates about this, and that was one of their CORE points they held on to, now its been proven, by this and many other articles.

Spursfag must be spinning in his small dark room he patrols 24/7,

Owned.

Best place for Marbury is San Antonio.

Half court team.
He's as good or better than Parker(career wise, ability, skill, experience, passing, pick and roll, chance to play with a player like Duncan).
Spurs are weak in guard depth...this could be their chance to stay elite.
Plus Parker is frail and soon to be injury prone. A thin frail man who lives in the paint(close range shots) will absorb a lot of contact and physical play in his career. Parker isn't built for that realstically speaking. Spurs need a DURABLE, STRONG, and NEW YORK CITY SWAGGER PG...on the serious note.

Marbury
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

For the win.

KBlack25

Starter
I wonder what Spurs fans would have to say about this. They've gone a long long long time being kind of a quiet team that handled all the fundamentals. They weren't a team with swagger, as metrocard aptly states. I'm just not sure he's the type of player Popovich would want. I can't remember the Spurs ever really having a player who off-the-court is like Marbury.

My sense is Steph just wouldn't like San Antonio as a city. I don't know Steph personally but San Antonio is a tiny tiny market. He likes to be out there in the open and in the media a lot of times. He's a NY guy and while he's been to Phoenix and Minnesota I don't think they'd compare to the small town feel he'd likely get in San Antonio. I actually think of the 3 listed in the article Miami is the city Steph would probably like the best, plus I think he'd like playing there (except #3 is already taken...). That Miami team would be a fun team to watch as it'd be Steph-Wade-Matrix. I don't know how Steph and Matrix got a long in Phoenix, but I assume it wasn't all that badly.

I definitely do NOT think Steph would EVER start over a healthy Tony Parker-Longoria, though you could be right Parker-Longoria could could be injury prone.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...aws_offer_heat_mavs_and_spurs_show_interest/#

Well so much for the ignorantes believing no team in the NBA wanted Starbury.
Funny how there were so many debeates about this, and that was one of their CORE points they held on to, now its been proven, by this and many other articles.

Spursfag must be spinning in his small dark room he patrols 24/7,

Owned.

Best place for Marbury is San Antonio.

Half court team.
He's as good or better than Parker(career wise, ability, skill, experience, passing, pick and roll, chance to play with a player like Duncan).
Spurs are weak in guard depth...this could be their chance to stay elite.
Plus Parker is frail and soon to be injury prone. A thin frail man who lives in the paint(close range shots) will absorb a lot of contact and physical play in his career. Parker isn't built for that realstically speaking. Spurs need a DURABLE, STRONG, and NEW YORK CITY SWAGGER PG...on the serious note.

Marbury
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

For the win.
I think I'll choose to believe the local sports reporters who know the Spurs organization over the New York Post. Mike Monroe reported there is little to no chance the Spurs are interested. Spurs are not weak at guard. Parker, Hil (currently rated as the 3rd best rookie on ESPN), Ginobili, Mason, and Finley would all play before Marbury. Just because you wanna suck him off doesn't mean he's that good. Because he isn't.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/12/mike_monroe_rea.html

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
retarded thread.

who gives a fukk where he goes.

don't see why there's a spurs fan on here, but I agree with him.

Parker is better than Marbury. Say what you like about his team members being the key difference. Parker is better. The Spurs never sign tattooed miscreants so why would they sign Marbury.

Get the fukk over it.

smokes

Huge Member
While this may or may not be true, who on earth would we get from the Spurs for Marbury?

Ginobili + Parker?
Duncan?

Never gonna happen.

richtree

Rotation player
retarded thread.

Parker is better than Marbury. Say what you like about his team members being the key difference. Parker is better. The Spurs never sign tattooed miscreants so why would they sign Marbury.

Get the fukk over it.

If you were a true Knicks fan would would care...and follow him , Zach , and Crawford for the rest of their NBA careers

KBlack25

Starter
If you were a true Knicks fan would would care...and follow him , Zach , and Crawford for the rest of their NBA careers

Why? Do you follow Camby? McDyess? Ariza? Sweetney? Collins? How about Mark Jackson? Frank Williams? Lee Nailon? Just because these guys used to play for the Knicks doesn't mean you have to be a true fan to follow them...Will you follow Jerome James when he leaves?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Lol no way Spurs want Marbury
They didnt pull the trigger on a JKidd trade years ago, because he had character issues. Marbury to Spurs? lol....

Now Dallas might just do this, but that would be the silliest thing to do... Two moody egomaniac pointguards in the same lockerroom, with not the friendliest history between themselves... Not to mention they already have possible 6th man of the year Jason Terry, as good backup pg as any team has.

Also, Pat Riley pretty much had Smush Parker banned from team last year for bad attitude. Now he has 2 great rookies who smoke pot in NBA rookie camp and they clearly need good people around them, and he brings in Marbury?
Sounds like camp starbury bulshit to me

Last edited:

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Lol no way Spurs want Marbury
They didnt pull the trigger on a JKidd trade years ago, because he had character issues. Marbury to Spurs? lol....
There was no trade. Kidd was a Free Agent and he was heavily pursued by SA. Duncan and Pop brought him down with his family and "wined and dined" him. In the end his wife made the decision that she didn't want to move to SA. One of the best things that ever happened to the franchise. It would've meant Parker would become expendable. Instead we got 2 more championships.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I wonder what Spurs fans would have to say about this. They've gone a long long long time being kind of a quiet team that handled all the fundamentals. They weren't a team with swagger, as metrocard aptly states. I'm just not sure he's the type of player Popovich would want. I can't remember the Spurs ever really having a player who off-the-court is like Marbury.

My sense is Steph just wouldn't like San Antonio as a city. I don't know Steph personally but San Antonio is a tiny tiny market. He likes to be out there in the open and in the media a lot of times. He's a NY guy and while he's been to Phoenix and Minnesota I don't think they'd compare to the small town feel he'd likely get in San Antonio. I actually think of the 3 listed in the article Miami is the city Steph would probably like the best, plus I think he'd like playing there (except #3 is already taken...). That Miami team would be a fun team to watch as it'd be Steph-Wade-Matrix. I don't know how Steph and Matrix got a long in Phoenix, but I assume it wasn't all that badly.

I definitely do NOT think Steph would EVER start over a healthy Tony Parker-Longoria, though you could be right Parker-Longoria could could be injury prone.
Even if Parker gets injured I think George Hill and Roger Mason would take over in front of Marbury. He would still be relegated to coming off the bench. And you're right, I don't see him liking SA as a city.

Starks

Starter
Spur fans are pretty conservative. Marbury would stick out like a sore thumb in that franchise. Look at how hated Marbury is in his own town, imagine an old fashioned blue collar Republican strong hold like San Antonio????

richtree

Rotation player
Why? Do you follow Camby? McDyess? Ariza? Sweetney? Collins? How about Mark Jackson? Frank Williams? Lee Nailon? Just because these guys used to play for the Knicks doesn't mean you have to be a true fan to follow them...Will you follow Jerome James when he leaves?

YES, YES, YES , YES , YES , AND YES

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Remember that the spurs did have rodman before, so I think the'll be ok with steph. I hope that steph does go to a contender so that he wins many championships...That way my marbury rookie cards will go up in value. Its a win-win situation

Starks

Starter
Remember that the spurs did have rodman before, so I think the'll be ok with steph. I hope that steph does go to a contender so that he wins many championships...That way my marbury rookie cards will go up in value. Its a win-win situation

I have a few of those. Whatever you do, don't go to becket to check the value. You can't even buy a magazine for the price it's dropped down to.

I think this goes for most Basketball cards. When I was young i was obsesses with those things. I have rookie cards to tons of players, including David Robinson

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I have a few of those. Whatever you do, don't go to becket to check the value. You can't even buy a magazine for the price it's dropped down to.

I think this goes for most Basketball cards. When I was young i was obsesses with those things. I have rookie cards to tons of players, including David Robinson

Yea, I know. I'm probably going to cash them in once the players die or are hall of famers. I started collecting in the 95-96 season. I got shit loads of iverson, kobe, steph(with the butt-crack haircut), and duncan rookie cards. Those were the days...

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think Marbury should really have taken the 3 million dollar buyout, which is something he can easily recoup, from a team that's interested in him. Hopefully, he can get a matching offer, from an interested team, after which he can take the difference from Walsh.

I don't really care what happens to Marbury, I wish I had to choose between 19 and 22 mill, but it's a distraction. I'm getting sick of reading about it, every single day.

smokes

Huge Member
Yea, I know. I'm probably going to cash them in once the players die or are hall of famers. I started collecting in the 95-96 season. I got shit loads of iverson, kobe, steph(with the butt-crack haircut), and duncan rookie cards. Those were the days...

Incedentally I have a signed Patrick Ewing card (not rookie), and an Isiah Thomas signed card which I recall is a rookie card, haven't looked at them for ages to be honest, tucked away in a closet somewhere. Worth much you think?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Incedentally I have a signed Patrick Ewing card (not rookie), and an Isiah Thomas signed card which I recall is a rookie card, haven't looked at them for ages to be honest, tucked away in a closet somewhere. Worth much you think?

Anything that is signed goes up in value. Even if jerome james smears his own card with bbq sauce, it will go up in value. Lol.
As I recall, It also depends on what type of set the card came from or if it a special edition card. The zeke card should be worth a lot. It might go down in value if he harrasses another girl though

metrocard

Legend
retarded thread.

Get the fukk over it.

Marbury career blows Parker out of the water.
Only claim to fame Parker has is being Tim Duncan's poodle and Eva Longoria's bitch.