Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams showing interest in Starbury.

Originally Posted by Starks
    I have a few of those. Whatever you do, don't go to becket to check the value. You can't even buy a magazine for the price it's dropped down to.

I think this goes for most Basketball cards. When I was young i was obsesses with those things. I have rookie cards to tons of players, including David Robinson
    Yea, I know. I'm probably going to cash them in once the players die or are hall of famers. I started collecting in the 95-96 season. I got **** loads of iverson, kobe, steph(with the butt-crack haircut), and duncan rookie cards. Those were the days...

I think Marbury should really have taken the 3 million dollar buyout, which is something he can easily recoup, from a team that's interested in him. Hopefully, he can get a matching offer, from an interested team, after which he can take the difference from Walsh.

I don't really care what happens to Marbury, I wish I had to choose between 19 and 22 mill, but it's a distraction. I'm getting sick of reading about it, every single day.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Yea, I know. I'm probably going to cash them in once the players die or are hall of famers. I started collecting in the 95-96 season. I got **** loads of iverson, kobe, steph(with the butt-crack haircut), and duncan rookie cards. Those were the days...
    Incedentally I have a signed Patrick Ewing card (not rookie), and an Isiah Thomas signed card which I recall is a rookie card, haven't looked at them for ages to be honest, tucked away in a closet somewhere. Worth much you think?

Originally Posted by smokes
    Incedentally I have a signed Patrick Ewing card (not rookie), and an Isiah Thomas signed card which I recall is a rookie card, haven't looked at them for ages to be honest, tucked away in a closet somewhere. Worth much you think?
    Anything that is signed goes up in value. Even if jerome james smears his own card with bbq sauce, it will go up in value. Lol.
    As I recall, It also depends on what type of set the card came from or if it a special edition card. The zeke card should be worth a lot. It might go down in value if he harrasses another girl though

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by bigpat33
    retarded thread.

who gives a **** where he goes.

don't see why there's a spurs fan on here, but I agree with him.

Parker is better than Marbury. Say what you like about his team members being the key difference. Parker is better. The Spurs never sign tattooed miscreants so why would they sign Marbury.

Get the **** over it.
    Marbury career blows Parker out of the water.
    Only claim to fame Parker has is being Tim Duncan's poodle and Eva Longoria's bitch.

i think the heat should pick him up...they need a pg and wade and marbury will be a awesome back court as long as steph keeps his cool.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Only claim to fame Parker has is being Tim Duncan's poodle and Eva Longoria's bitch.
    We're not talkin about Stephon Marbury 6 years ago (who i still wouldn't have wanted on my team), we're talking about present day Stephon Marbury. You hontestly think Marbury is better then Tony Parker? Come on man. I know your cought up in the argruement but thats not even remotely close to true.

Parker plays team ball and continues to get better every season not to mention he has rings while Marbury hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs.

How many rings does Marbury have again? Oh yea! Sorry but I would take Parkers career any day as any team player would. Individual career stats mean nothing unless you hold a record in a particular category. Even then most people would rather a ring. Ask our man Ewing if he would trade away some blocks, rebounds and points for a ring...Im sure you know his answer.

I wouldn't say there's a lot of interest in Mebury, but some team will sign him for $1-3 mil for one year. I just think it's funny that Cancerburians are touting this as evidence for Mebury as a good option for a team. Clearly, if he was as great as Cancerburians say he is, Mebury would have had multiple offers for lucrative deals at multiple years by now.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Several team executives believe at least one team will make a play for him, but for nothing more than the pro rated amount of the $1.2 million veteran's minimum. Then if anything goes wrong, you can easily eat the relatively cheap contract and send him packing.

But there are great concerns about the player that, in GM circles, is referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

For instance, this came from a well-connected scout with many years in the league:

"I can't see anyone taking that risk. I think some teams were interested but now they would rather not. History tends to follow people and his is not good. It's always someone else's fault with him. I'm not there or in their locker room, but it just doesn't look good. It's too bad because I still think he can play. No one wants to deal with that in their locker room. He's not only lost respect from the organization, but also his teammates. When you lose your family what else is left?"

"I do not think a lot of teams will have an interest, but I think there would be at least a couple of teams," one Eastern Conference team executive said. He added, "It will be fun to follow from the sidelines."

A Western Conference GM said a team might take a chance on Marbury, "especially if they have had an injury and feel like he can help them getting to the playoffs." He added, "I would be surprised if he gets more than a minimum [contract], though."

A GM of another Western Conference team was asked what kind of interest Marbury might attract around the league. "I can only speak for us," he said. "Highly unlikely."

Well so much for the ignorantes believing no team in the NBA wanted Starbury.
    Funny how there were so many debeates about this, and that was one of their CORE points they held on to, now its been proven, by this and many other articles.

Spursfag must be spinning in his small dark room he patrols 24/7,

Owned.

Best place for Marbury is San Antonio.

Half court team.
    He's as good or better than Parker(career wise, ability, skill, experience, passing, pick and roll, chance to play with a player like Duncan).
    Spurs are weak in guard depth...this could be their chance to stay elite.
    Plus Parker is frail and soon to be injury prone. A thin frail man who lives in the paint(close range shots) will absorb a lot of contact and physical play in his career. Parker isn't built for that realstically speaking. Spurs need a DURABLE, STRONG, and NEW YORK CITY SWAGGER PG...on the serious note.

Marbury
    Ginobili
    Bowen
    Duncan
    Oberto

For the win.

Marbury is more talented and a better player than Parker in my opinon. Not saying that anyone would rather have Marbury than Parker, but if Marbury behaved then that would be a very dangerous Spurs team. Marbury is a better shooter than Parker, much stronger, better defense. Parker's main strength is his speed, that's pretty much his whole game.

ehh yea stats wise starbury has blown a lot of players out of the water, but im thinkin most guys wud take 3 rings, have tim duncan next to em, and be married 2 eva than average 20pts nd 8 asts per nite with no playoff wins. yea steph has neva had a championship team but steph had his chance 2 play with a hof big man (nd win some rings), but he decided he wanted 2 be the bigger man.

And NBA Finals MVP...

Im far from Parker fan.
    He has real trouble with French national teams, because they dont have great post presence; he doesnt penetrate so well then, and shoots pretty bad. And I dont believe he could carry a team without all timers like CP, Devin Harris, Rose or Kidd few years ago.

But still, Marbury better for Spurs than Parker? no way
    anyway, if Spurs do sign Marbury, best luck to him. maybe he puts Parker out of rotation (lol) and frees up Parker for us in 2011, his speed would rock in this system

Wow, you have got to be crazy. I'm a true marbury fan, but no way in the world we live in does Marbury's career eclipse Parker's. Your talking about a guy who has improved his game in every season while winning a couple championships as one of the main guys and not a role player. Parker has lit up many defenses for big points and may not be the best shooter, but he can finish with the best of them in traffic. Spurs are not the same team without Parker.

On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series. He was part of a sexual harassment suit and after the knicks will be the 5th team he's played for without much sucess. I'd say Parker's career is the superior one, obviously.