Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams showing interest in Starbury.

No way in hell are you going to win that Marbury >>>>>> Parker comment Metro.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN HOMIE.

Lurker

parker is leaps and bounds better than marbury as a ball player.

idk about that one metro, marbury better then parker????

well i say this much, when marbury was in phoenix, tony parker was his son...marbury would always destroy em but parker was fresh in da league while marbury was in his prime....as of today marbury is not better then parker, i dont even think its close

Veteran

The Spurs and the Jazz would be the worst teams for Marbury, you're talking about two old school coaches in Pops and Sloan that would not put up with any crap from Marbury. They are defensive teams and Marbury does not play a lick of defense contrary to what his fans think, take a look at 82games.com and look at his defensive composite score (DCS), he's in the bottom ten of all players in the league with a score of 1. The best team for Marbury would be a team that doesn't play a lick of D like the Warriors or the Knicks but the Knicks don't want him.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    We're not talkin about Stephon Marbury 6 years ago (who i still wouldn't have wanted on my team), we're talking about present day Stephon Marbury. You hontestly think Marbury is better then Tony Parker? Come on man. I know your cought up in the argruement but thats not even remotely close to true.

Parker plays team ball and continues to get better every season not to mention he has rings while Marbury hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs.
    Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    How many rings does Marbury have again?
    So according to you

Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?

You mean you would take Parker's TEAM.
    Next time type what you MEAN, not what you want to say. That was a god awful post.

Marbury individually is superior to Parker.
    Fact.

Originally Posted by rollingstone
    Im far from Parker fan.
    He has real trouble with French national teams, because they dont have great post presence; he doesnt penetrate so well then, and shoots pretty bad. And I dont believe he could carry a team without all timers like CP, Devin Harris, Rose or Kidd few years ago.

But still, Marbury better for Spurs than Parker? no way
    anyway, if Spurs do sign Marbury, best luck to him. maybe he puts Parker out of rotation (lol) and frees up Parker for us in 2011, his speed would rock in this system
    Parker's limitations live in the shadow of Tim Duncan.

If Parker was so good, France would actually compete better in the Olympics. Even Carlos Arroyo who takes a depleted dysfunctional Puerto Rican team further than Parker can, and France has a better supporting cast than Puerto Rico.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Wow, you have got to be crazy. I'm a true marbury fan, but no way in the world we live in does Marbury's career eclipse Parker's. Your talking about a guy who has improved his game in every season while winning a couple championships as one of the main guys and not a role player. Parker has lit up many defenses for big points and may not be the best shooter, but he can finish with the best of them in traffic. Spurs are not the same team without Parker.

On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series. He was part of a sexual harassment suit and after the knicks will be the 5th team he's played for without much sucess. I'd say Parker's career is the superior one, obviously.
    Son, watch how your using your words.

I don't care if you're Marbury's semen cell.
    Parker can finish in traffic, is that it?
    Marbury is MORE DYNAMIC. Parker has his limitations.

You're a MORON.

Spurs WON championships without PARKER and before Parker BLEW UP...remember Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter? So you're WRONG...Spurs were successful way before Parker, and they're still competing against other teams with scrubs like George Hill at PG who's producing Parker like numbers. Its the system and the opportunity to play with a HOFer like Duncan. These are factors you can't DENY.

Parker shoots 71% FT, at 30% 3pt...16 ppg and 5 assist for his career, he's not a good defender, once again one of his limitations hidden by Duncan's greatness. His turnover and assist RATIO SUCKS compared to the elite PG's of the NBA. Parker is 5.5/2.5 while Marbury for his career has been 8/3. Marbury is more a dynamic scorer, passer, shooter, creator, defender, penetrator, stronger, more powerful(combination of strength and speed).

It is no COMPETITION individually.

Its great Parker won championships with an ELITE team, but in comparision to the individuals Marbury has him beat.

You guys are truly some ignorant ass people to think so SIMPLE and assume I claimed Marbury was more successful winning wise as a NBA player.

I never presented that argument.

But since you guys suck and have nothing else to grab, you make up **** and argue with yourselves.

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong.

Originally Posted by datruth
    idk about that one metro, marbury better then parker????

well i say this much, when marbury was in phoenix, tony parker was his son...marbury would always destroy em but parker was fresh in da league while marbury was in his prime....as of today marbury is not better then parker, i dont even think its close
    Marbury hasn't played a game yet, so its unfair to judge him.

Its also unfair for me to praise him NOW, but I'm using comparisons from the past, and overall skill and ability.

Parker is SERIOUSLY INJURED and will have a slow recovery, he's built for an injury prone career and will never be dynamic as Marbury. Even you know this.

[quote=metrocard;75403]Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

Fact.

Its great Parker won championships with an ELITE team, but in comparision to the individuals Marbury has him beat.

You guys are truly some ignorant ass people to think so SIMPLE and assume I claimed Marbury was more successful winning wise as a NBA player.

But since you guys suck and have nothing else to grab, you make up **** and argue with yourselves.

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong

yea one on one marbury is better than almost all of the pg's of the league, he had the talent to be the best scorin pg ever, nd marbury>parker in the way you meant it. but in the end parker just doesnt have marb's attitude, and some ppl were jst born unlucky which seems to be marbury's case of always landing on bad teams. in the end i would take parker because he is a better teammate, and is more accustomed to winning. and as i said before marbury HAD his shot to play with a hof big man, his ego just got the better of him. im pretty sure every gm in this league wud take a healthy parker over a healthy marbury regardless of marbury's superior talent

KnicksonLIN.com

Great thread, metrocard.
    lol at all the haterburys that thought no team wanted Marbury. Marbury is a 2x All Star with career averages of 19.7 points and 7.8 assists. Of course he's wanted.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    On the other hand, Marbury has had a good career stat wise, but it has never translated into much success. Every team he left has gotten better and he's never won a playoff series.

This is the faultiest of arguments against Steph IMO. Stat was a rookie and that phx team won 53 games. That means they succeeded with him. Plus you had to figure Joe Johnson and Stat would get better, and in D'amphony's system everyone in the rotation looks better than they really are (Duhon, Lee, Harrington, etc)

The Nets did not have Jefferson, or healthy KMart and Vanhorn. Huge difference.

Knicks just sucked and still do. And we will not be better when he leaves either. We'll still suck.

Theory shot.

So metro, how many finals MVPs does Starbury have? How many in a finals series that included Tim Duncan and LeBron James? Just curious.

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    So metro, how many finals MVPs does Starbury have? How many in a finals series that included Tim Duncan and LeBron James? Just curious.
    Tony Parkers playoff stats:

Stephon Marburys playoff stats:

(Basketball-reference.com)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Notice the minutes average.

DLeeFan, in fairness, the teams Steph made the playoffs with relied on him more heavily to win playoff games (notice the minutes per game) where as Tony Parker-Longoria was not THE guy on the court, they had a lot of weapons and made use of all of them. Steph played in the playoffs with teams where he was THE guy. It's a totally different scenario.

Sure there are some teams talking
    Even Shawn Kemp had some teams talking when he wanted to come back a few summers ago
    Talent always gets a look from some teams, even if it was burried for a decade

But this list doesnt look credible. spurs go with character guys, and heat and dallas already got some of their main guys on pot, no way they need a 'whatever, i do what i want' guy

I could see warriors, magic rolling the dice. in texas, houston would be an interesting choice, they could use him, but the risk with him and artest would be huge (not that it seems to be working anyway)

Originally Posted by richtree
    If you were a true Knicks fan would would care...and follow him , Zach , and Crawford for the rest of their NBA careers
    If you were a real Knicks fan you would cork that champagne screw the moment they got the hell out of town. All three of them. Simply because they were the product of Isiah's delusional 'championship' Knicks. As a matter of fact i would sleep a lot better when the last of the crew gets his fat posterior out of MSG, well i''l take that back i meant to say out of the NY state.

I do believe marburys a better individual player. Hes never been on as good of a team as parker has. You can say that parker is a better team player, but it can't be proven. Marbury never really played on that talented of a team.

I dont consider parker to be that good of a one on one defender, and hes not the best playmaker. Marburys a better playmaker and one on one defender. Once again, its tough to say how good of a team defender marbury is because he hasnt played on a good enough team to answer that question for us.

To conclude my opinion, I think you can make a case either way. Parker hasnt looked to good so far coming back from his injury, and as metro pointed out hes built to be injury prone the rest of his career. And hes playing along side a player thats considered by most to be the greatest power forward of all time. I believe that marburys better.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

So according to you

Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?

You mean you would take Parker's TEAM.
    Next time type what you MEAN, not what you want to say. That was a god awful post.

Fact.

Parker's limitations live in the shadow of Tim Duncan.

If Parker was so good, France would actually compete better in the Olympics. Even Carlos Arroyo who takes a depleted dysfunctional Puerto Rican team further than Parker can, and France has a better supporting cast than Puerto Rico.

Son, watch how your using your words.

I don't care if you're Marbury's semen cell.
    Parker can finish in traffic, is that it?
    Marbury is MORE DYNAMIC. Parker has his limitations.

You're a MORON.

Spurs WON championships without PARKER and before Parker BLEW UP...remember Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter? So you're WRONG...Spurs were successful way before Parker, and they're still competing against other teams with scrubs like George Hill at PG who's producing Parker like numbers. Its the system and the opportunity to play with a HOFer like Duncan. These are factors you can't DENY.

Parker shoots 71% FT, at 30% 3pt...16 ppg and 5 assist for his career, he's not a good defender, once again one of his limitations hidden by Duncan's greatness. His turnover and assist RATIO SUCKS compared to the elite PG's of the NBA. Parker is 5.5/2.5 while Marbury for his career has been 8/3. Marbury is more a dynamic scorer, passer, shooter, creator, defender, penetrator, stronger, more powerful(combination of strength and speed).

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong.

Marbury hasn't played a game yet, so its unfair to judge him.

Its also unfair for me to praise him NOW, but I'm using comparisons from the past, and overall skill and ability.

Parker is SERIOUSLY INJURED and will have a slow recovery, he's built for an injury prone career and will never be dynamic as Marbury. Even you know this.
    That ether, that **** that make your soul burn slow......

Metro must drive one of them old school cadillacs with all the chumps that hes bodied

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Tony Parkers playoff stats:

Stephon Marburys playoff stats:

(Basketball-reference.com)
    Great work, i dont have a whole lot to say. You, metro, and abcd shut this thread down.