Teams showing interest in Starbury.

KBlack25

Starter
DLeeFan, in fairness, the teams Steph made the playoffs with relied on him more heavily to win playoff games (notice the minutes per game) where as Tony Parker-Longoria was not THE guy on the court, they had a lot of weapons and made use of all of them. Steph played in the playoffs with teams where he was THE guy. It's a totally different scenario.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Sure there are some teams talking
Even Shawn Kemp had some teams talking when he wanted to come back a few summers ago
Talent always gets a look from some teams, even if it was burried for a decade

But this list doesnt look credible. spurs go with character guys, and heat and dallas already got some of their main guys on pot, no way they need a 'whatever, i do what i want' guy

I could see warriors, magic rolling the dice. in texas, houston would be an interesting choice, they could use him, but the risk with him and artest would be huge (not that it seems to be working anyway)

th3realicon

Rotation player
If you were a true Knicks fan would would care...and follow him , Zach , and Crawford for the rest of their NBA careers

If you were a real Knicks fan you would cork that champagne screw the moment they got the hell out of town. All three of them. Simply because they were the product of Isiah's delusional 'championship' Knicks. As a matter of fact i would sleep a lot better when the last of the crew gets his fat posterior out of MSG, well i''l take that back i meant to say out of the NY state.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I do believe marburys a better individual player. Hes never been on as good of a team as parker has. You can say that parker is a better team player, but it can't be proven. Marbury never really played on that talented of a team.

I dont consider parker to be that good of a one on one defender, and hes not the best playmaker. Marburys a better playmaker and one on one defender. Once again, its tough to say how good of a team defender marbury is because he hasnt played on a good enough team to answer that question for us.

To conclude my opinion, I think you can make a case either way. Parker hasnt looked to good so far coming back from his injury, and as metro pointed out hes built to be injury prone the rest of his career. And hes playing along side a player thats considered by most to be the greatest power forward of all time. I believe that marburys better.

Any PG can play team ball with Tim Duncan.

So according to you

Derek Fisher > Steve Nash?

You mean you would take Parker's TEAM.
Next time type what you MEAN, not what you want to say. That was a god awful post.

Marbury individually is superior to Parker.
Fact.

Parker's limitations live in the shadow of Tim Duncan.

If Parker was so good, France would actually compete better in the Olympics. Even Carlos Arroyo who takes a depleted dysfunctional Puerto Rican team further than Parker can, and France has a better supporting cast than Puerto Rico.

Son, watch how your using your words.

I don't care if you're Marbury's semen cell.
Parker can finish in traffic, is that it?
Marbury is MORE DYNAMIC. Parker has his limitations.

You're a MORON.

Spurs WON championships without PARKER and before Parker BLEW UP...remember Avery Johnson, Antonio Daniels and Terry Porter? So you're WRONG...Spurs were successful way before Parker, and they're still competing against other teams with scrubs like George Hill at PG who's producing Parker like numbers. Its the system and the opportunity to play with a HOFer like Duncan. These are factors you can't DENY.

Parker shoots 71% FT, at 30% 3pt...16 ppg and 5 assist for his career, he's not a good defender, once again one of his limitations hidden by Duncan's greatness. His turnover and assist RATIO SUCKS compared to the elite PG's of the NBA. Parker is 5.5/2.5 while Marbury for his career has been 8/3. Marbury is more a dynamic scorer, passer, shooter, creator, defender, penetrator, stronger, more powerful(combination of strength and speed).

It is no COMPETITION individually.

Its great Parker won championships with an ELITE team, but in comparision to the individuals Marbury has him beat.

You guys are truly some ignorant ass people to think so SIMPLE and assume I claimed Marbury was more successful winning wise as a NBA player.

I never presented that argument.

But since you guys suck and have nothing else to grab, you make up shit and argue with yourselves.

Marbury > Parker.

Still stands strong.

Marbury hasn't played a game yet, so its unfair to judge him.

Its also unfair for me to praise him NOW, but I'm using comparisons from the past, and overall skill and ability.

Parker is SERIOUSLY INJURED and will have a slow recovery, he's built for an injury prone career and will never be dynamic as Marbury. Even you know this.

That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow......

Metro must drive one of them old school cadillacs with all the chumps that hes bodied

Tony Parkers playoff stats:
parker.jpg

Stephon Marburys playoff stats:

stephon.jpg

(Basketball-reference.com)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/marbust01.html

Great work, i dont have a whole lot to say. You, metro, and abcd shut this thread down.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Marbury averaged 3.5 Turnovers per game in his playoff experiences and Parker has averaged 2.7. Parker also has shot better from the field than Marbury every single time.

th3realicon

Rotation player
You are retarded for considering those stats significant. First of all Steph is already 30 plus years old and he has only been in the play offs 4 times. Parker has been in the playoffs all 7 years he has played in the league.

Second if you notice Steph has been putting those play off career numbers only in the first round where it is much easier to put points on the board. Tony has been playing in the late rounds in a consistent basis. It is much harder to keep those numbers in lets say the Western Conference Finals or NBA finals instead of First round playoffs (Eastern or Western for that matter).

Tony has rings around his fingers and a Finals MVP to tell, Steph has his big mouth. Tony goes by handling himself with class and never did claim to the the best point guard in the league, EVER.

Not to sound harsh but even though i am kinda in limbo about the Marbury situation i believe i speak on behalf of a lot of Knicks and basketball fans for that matter when i say that comparing Steph to Tony is just dumb and irrelevant.

Need i remind you that even IF the Spurs try to sign him (I think me marrying Jessica Alba is more likely bound to happen before) he would be Parkers' back up.

Enough with this sh!t, Steph is almost out of the door. You are Knicks fans not Marbury fans. Or am I kidding myself here?

I do believe marburys a better individual player. Hes never been on as good of a team as parker has. You can say that parker is a better team player, but it can't be proven. Marbury never really played on that talented of a team.

I dont consider parker to be that good of a one on one defender, and hes not the best playmaker. Marburys a better playmaker and one on one defender. Once again, its tough to say how good of a team defender marbury is because he hasnt played on a good enough team to answer that question for us.

To conclude my opinion, I think you can make a case either way. Parker hasnt looked to good so far coming back from his injury, and as metro pointed out hes built to be injury prone the rest of his career. And hes playing along side a player thats considered by most to be the greatest power forward of all time. I believe that marburys better.

That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow......

Metro must drive one of them old school cadillacs with all the chumps that hes bodied

Great work, i dont have a whole lot to say. You, metro, and abcd shut this thread down.
_44293845_building_afp416.jpg

another day at the office

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury averaged 3.5 Turnovers per game in his playoff experiences and Parker has averaged 2.7. Parker also has shot better from the field than Marbury every single time.

Well lets take rajon rambo of the celtics for example. Hes shooting over 50%, because hes a good shooter? Fukk no. Because defenses have to double allen, pierce, and garnett. Rondos stats are alot better then they would be if he played on the knicks. Its the same way with Parker, he looks better then he is because hes playin alongside the greatest pf ever, and the 2nd or 3rd best sg in the game (ginobili).

You are retarded for considering those stats significant. First of all Steph is already 30 plus years old and he has only been in the play offs 4 times. Parker has been in the playoffs all 7 years he has played in the league.

Second if you notice Steph has been putting those play off career numbers only in the first round where it is much easier to put points up. Tony has been playing in the late rounds in a consistent basis. It is much harder to keep those numbers in lets say the Western Conference Finals or NBA finals instead of First round playoffs (Eastern or Western for that matter).

Tony has rings around his fingers and an Finals MVP to tell, Steph has his big mouth. Tony goes by handling himself with class and never did claim to the the best point guard in the league, EVER.

Not to sound harsh but even though i am kinda in limbo about the Marbury situation i believe i speak on behalf of a lot of Knicks and basketball fans for that matter when i say that comparing Steph to Tony is just dumbe and irrelevant.

Need i remind you that even IF the Spurs try to sign him (I think me marrying Jessica Alba is more likely bound to happen before) he would be Parkers back up.

Enough with this sh!t, Steph is almost out of the door. You are Knicks fans not Marbury fans. Or am I kidding myself here?

When the spurs won the championship in 2003, parker averaged 14.7ppg, 3.5apg, and shot 40.3%

Marbury might back him up at first, but i do believe that eventually he would work his way into the starting lineup. Marburys had his attitude problems in the past but hes ready to contribute and help a team go all the way. Hes shown that hes become more of a team player the past couple of years, when hes played like in 06-07 when he played his best. That was the year curry averaged 19.5ppg, playing alongside marbury. Currys hurt now but even if he was healthy, he wouldnt be playing. Hes a d leaguer.

Every team marbury played on would have been less successful if you replace him with tony parker. Marburys a better scorer, passer, penetrater, and defender.

Second if you notice Steph has been putting those play off career numbers only in the first round where it is much easier to put points on the board. Tony has been playing in the late rounds in a consistent basis. It is much harder to keep those numbers in lets say the Western Conference Finals or NBA finals instead of First round playoffs (Eastern or Western for that matter).

Tony has rings around his fingers and a Finals MVP to tell, Steph has his big mouth. Tony goes by handling himself with class and never did claim to the the best point guard in the league, EVER.

Not to sound harsh but even though i am kinda in limbo about the Marbury situation i believe i speak on behalf of a lot of Knicks and basketball fans for that matter when i say that comparing Steph to Tony is just dumb and irrelevant.

Need i remind you that even IF the Spurs try to sign him (I think me marrying Jessica Alba is more likely bound to happen before) he would be Parkers' back up.

FIRST PARAGRPH: stephon Marbury never had the luxary of being on a team as good as the spurs teams.

SECOND PARAGRAPH: Please explain to me how scoring points is easier in the first round of the playoffs as opposed to the second or third?

THIRD PARAGRAPH: Tony " never did claim to the best point guard in the league?" Did marbury ever " claim to the best point guard in the league?"

4th: How is it dumb and irrelevant? It's a comparison of 2 top point guards that may be on the same team soon.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
_44293845_building_afp416.jpg

another day at the office

FIRST PARAGRPH: stephon Marbury never had the luxary of being on a team as good as the spurs teams.

SECOND PARAGRAPH: Please explain to me how scoring points is easier in the first round of the playoffs as opposed to the second or third?

THIRD PARAGRAPH: Tony " never did claim to the best point guard in the league?" Did marbury ever " claim to the best point guard in the league?"

4th: How is it dumb and irrelevant? It's a comparison of 2 top point guards that may be on the same team soon.

good to see you back in action, your makin these herbs look mentally challenged :lol:

th3realicon

Rotation player
When the spurs won the championship in 2003, parker averaged 14.7ppg, 3.5apg, and shot 40.3%

So, you have to consider that he was a sophomore. His second year in the league and was playing a Team in NJ that had been pretty good defensively. Check his PPG year after year in the play offs:

That my friend is pure gold. He has been getting better year in and year out. Not only in ppg but pretty much all stats.

Marbury might back him up at first, but i do believe that eventually he would work his way into the starting lineup. Marburys had his attitude problems in the past but hes ready to contribute and help a team go all the way.

Contribute? Help? Those words do not belong on his dictionary. He is selfish and cares less about the team. The only season he did play slightly better was the season he actually spread the ball and did not shoot as much(2006) as he is accustomed to.

Hes shown that hes become more of a team player the past couple of years, when hes played like in 06-07 when he played his best. That was the year curry averaged 19.5ppg, playing alongside marbury. Currys hurt now but even if he was healthy, he wouldnt be playing. Hes a d leaguer.

So it took him 8 years on the league to become more of a team player? And stop even considering last season one of those years. He fought with all coaches he had. He even started a feud with his godfather Isiah Thomas ffs. Well Wilkens was not good enough for him. Brown was wronged because he was actually not being fair to Steph. Fine with that but how come even Isiah turned out to be wronging him? He had issues everywhere he played. Never put team first never will.

Every team marbury played on would have been less successful if you replace him with tony parker. Marburys a better scorer, passer, penetrater, and defender.

That is absolutely false. Somehow all the teams he leaves become better right after getting rid of him. It happened to Minny, it happened to the Suns and mark my words it will happen to us. Duhon is not as nearly as talented as him but as opposed to Marbury he makes his teammates better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So, you have to consider that he was a sophomore. His second year in the league and was playing a Team in NJ that had been pretty good defensively. Check his PPG year after year in the play offs:

That my friend is pure gold. He has been getting better year in and year out. Not only in ppg but pretty much all stats.

Contribute? Help? Those words do not belong on his dictionary. He is selfish and cares less about the team. The only season he did play slightly better was the season he actually spread the ball and did not shoot as much(2006) as he is accustomed to.

So it took him 8 years on the league to become more of a team player? And stop even considering last season one of those years. He fought with all coaches he had. He even started a feud with his godfather Isiah Thomas ffs. Well Wilkens was not good enough for him. Brown was wronged because he was actually not being fair to Steph. Fine with that but how come even Isiah turned out to be wronging him? He had issues everywhere he played. Never put team first never will.

That is absolutely false. Somehow all the teams he leaves become better right after getting rid of him. It happened to Minny, it happened to the Suns and mark my words it will happen to us. Duhon is not as nearly as talented as him but as opposed to Marbury he makes his teammates better.

ill get at you tomorrow dunn :smokin:

That is true. That is also the last year marbury played a full NBA season...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Thank you realicon for speaking the truth. I think steph is the man as a "baller". People love him because he's from NY and all that other shit. But as a "professional basketball player" he's garbage. F*ck the stats. He's proven year in and year out that its all about him. He aint gonna change. Not even God himself would be able to coach steph and not get into some shit with him. Everybody can back up steph all they want, its not gonna change the fact that he's not a team player who is all about himself.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If you were a true Knicks fan would would care...and follow him , Zach , and Crawford for the rest of their NBA careers
I'll miss the winners and support the losers that are still here. I still like to see Randolph do well. Whether or not I do or don't doesn't place my fanaticism in the hands of your opinion

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ehh yea stats wise starbury has blown a lot of players out of the water, but im thinkin most guys wud take 3 rings, have tim duncan next to em, and be married 2 eva than average 20pts nd 8 asts per nite with no playoff wins. yea steph has neva had a championship team but steph had his chance 2 play with a hof big man (nd win some rings), but he decided he wanted 2 be the bigger man.
yep. And has everyone forgotten who was the finals MVP 2 seasons ago?

Tony P

He was awesome.

Not a fan, but if any GM active today was given the choice between Parker & Marbury, Parker's agent would get the VAST majority of the interested calls.

I think if Metrocard was given the choice between a free trip to Tahiti with an all inclusive Tahitian orgy ( 1 man, the rest chocolate babes ) and a mouthful of Marbury's nuts and man juice, he would be swift in choosing the latter.

Just a laugh, don't get snakey.

KBlack25

Starter

Yes, yes he did...And then J-Kidd came into the Garden and made him look silly.