Teams showing interest in Starbury.

JayJ44

Starter
KG plays like a small forward, he's always shooting jumpers instead of posting up. He's a good player, but he's not nearly as efficient as Duncan when posting up. Also, he plays dirty, he admits it here:

NBA 2K9 features a new defensive skill where you can actually grab the jersey of your opponent to try and slow them down as they cut to the hoop. Would KG ever do something like that? "I do even better," he laughs then breaks down the tricks of his trade. "My tricks are all advanced. A lot of people don't have the arm length, strength, or quickness to pull my tricks off. One of the dirtiest but coldest tricks, I forearm the guy in the chest, rip the ball, then keep going with it. It's a foul, but it's a very, very technical and advanced move to pull off without getting the foul called. Other tricks are stepping on the guy's feet, holding his hand, then knowing when to let go at the right time so it's not a foul."

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3591949

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
duncan >>> kevin
Tell me about it. Tim Duncan is much more dominant and clutch than Kevin Garnett. It took Garnett 10 years to win his first title. It took Duncan 2 years. Plus, I've seen Garnett play, and he rarely scores in bunches. He usually gets his points from scoring little by little. Duncan is the kind of player that can single handedly take a team out in the 4th quarter, by knocking down 2-3 shots in a row.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
KG is my favorite player just for the fact he never takes a break off and pours his heart out for the team...alot of you guys point duncans success over KG, well im not sayin KG is better then em but duncan from rookie season has been in great teams....and as if today, i say SA aint shyt without ginobli

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Like i said before the 02-03 spurs werent loaded with talent, but Duncan carried that team to the championship. Just look @ his stats from the playoffs that year:

24.7ppg
15.4rpg
5.3apg
3.3bpg
52.9fg%

1zayhs.png

Duncan led the team in every major statistical category (pts, rbs, asts)

this kills datruths argument, and winnin a championship with that team is sumthin garnett was never capable of. Garnett had more help then duncan did in 2003-04, but couldnt win. He had cassell, sprewell, and wally. Garnett put up great stats, but it took him more shots then Duncan as he shot 45.2%, compared to duncans 52.9%

Duncan >> Garnett, FACT

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'd say Duncan has obviously been more successful then Garnett; therefore a better player. Obvoiusy Garnett comes to mind over Duncan most of the time when you think of ppts per game or something or 1v1, but Duncan has been consistently well for a long time and has earned his championships to prove his weight.

Now thats not to say just cause someone won championships there better then someone else, people may have won more then jordan but they prob. weren't better, but I think as far as team player and getting the team to championships you gotta say Duncan.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Like i said before the 02-03 spurs werent loaded with talent, but Duncan carried that team to the championship. Just look @ his stats from the playoffs that year:

24.7ppg
15.4rpg
5.3apg
3.3bpg
52.9fg%

1zayhs.png

Duncan led the team in every major statistical category (pts, rbs, asts)

this kills datruths argument, and winnin a championship with that team is sumthin garnett was never capable of. Garnett had more help then duncan did in 2003-04, but couldnt win. He had cassell, sprewell, and wally. Garnett put up great stats, but it took him more shots then Duncan as he shot 45.2%, compared to duncans 52.9%

Duncan >> Garnett, FACT

i never said KG is better then duncan

jimkcchief88

All Star
So using you guys logic Hakeem Olajawon was a better center than Patrick Ewing because Hakeem won 2 championships Patrick didn't win any??? So Sir Charles was a terrible powerforward as was Karl Malone and John Stockton was bad point guard because none of them won championships either??? And Dan Marino, terrible because he didn't win a Superbowl ring....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'd say Duncan has obviously been more successful then Garnett; therefore a better player. Obvoiusy Garnett comes to mind over Duncan most of the time when you think of ppts per game or something or 1v1, but Duncan has been consistently well for a long time and has earned his championships to prove his weight.

Now thats not to say just cause someone won championships there better then someone else, people may have won more then jordan but they prob. weren't better, but I think as far as team player and getting the team to championships you gotta say Duncan.

Thats why Duncans career averages of ppg, rpg, and blocks are all higher.

Call me when KG puts up one of these lines in game six of a finals series

21 points
20 rebounds
10 assists
8 blocks

co-sign

i never said KG is better then duncan

You said duncan had more help, which arguably was not true in the 2003 playoffs

So using you guys logic Hakeem Olajawon was a better center than Patrick Ewing because Hakeem won 2 championships Patrick didn't win any??? So Sir Charles was a terrible powerforward as was Karl Malone and John Stockton was bad point guard because none of them won championships either??? And Dan Marino, terrible because he didn't win a Superbowl ring....

Karl malones field goal percentage was always noticeably lower in the playoffs. He really wasnt that clutch. Hakeem Olajawon is better then Ewing all day, and has nothin to do with championships. Same with Duncan being better then Garnett. I would put Sir Charles ahead of Karl Malone, he played better in the playoffs. Barkleys the only other power forward you can make an argument for over garnett, besides duncan, but as much as i hate garnett he probably belongs at #2 all time, and again thats power forwards. Fukk Dan Marino and the dolphins

Toons

is the Bo$$
cosign, garnett is good, but duncan is a winner....stone faced, down to business professional. garnet goes around bullying dudes smaller and younger than him

Ewing

Benchwarmer
When I see AI playing for Detroit, I see no passion, no chemistry and no nothing in that team, it seems to me that he is unhappy.
Now, they got him to clear some cap, trying to get a good FA in 2010, my question is, can they trade him for Marbury? I mean, they would get a true PG with a similar contract, and we would get a great player who could actually play for us instead of getting money and sitting his ass at home.
What do you guys think?

JayJ44

Starter
When I see AI playing for Detroit, I see no passion, no chemistry and no nothing in that team, it seems to me that he is unhappy.
Now, they got him to clear some cap, trying to get a good FA in 2010, my question is, can they trade him for Marbury? I mean, they would get a true PG with a similar contract, and we would get a great player who could actually play for us instead of getting money and sitting his ass at home.
What do you guys think?

I've thought of this before, and I read it before in a blog. I think Detroit wants to give it more time before they trade AI. If they would agree to it, I like the idea. We get a go-to scorer and a leader, Detroit gets a similar point guard to Billups. Marbury is a strong pg, whose defense is pretty good. Difference is, Marbury is a much better scorer. I think it would work very well for both teams, but it's very unlikely to happen.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Metro, you have shown that you have no type of creativity whatsoever. Battling with you is pointless because you have the mind of a child who likes to fingerpaint. At the same time it is clear to see that you are no match for me, seeing as how I murdered you on your own thread. Metro, you can come out from hiding now. Time for you to come out of the closet.

metrocard

Legend
I read this garbage and all I see is metro this metro that...another pissed newbie sweating me...not even enough rep for me to address their nick.

You need some pussy on the real, you mad bitter and angry...talking mad senseless shit. You just registered on this site, you don't have the privilege to address my nick.

You couldn't even come back with a comeback...how can you declare victory if you're on this site everyday but avoid doing a comeback? Makes no sense. Good try pulling a SpursFag4Life...you got bodied.

Go jerk off to some Nas records you no-pussy-getting stan low self esteem culo chimp...to blow off all that anger, sexual frustration you got all build up inside you. Accomplish something, you're really not going to impress anyone here, awkwardassmaricon.

Fin.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I read this garbage and all I see is metro this metro that.

You couldn't even come back with a comeback...how can you declare victory if you're on this site everyday but avoid doing a comeback? Makes no sense. Good try pulling a SpursFag4Life...you got bodied.
You so DAHHHMB

metrocard

Legend
This message is hidden because SpursFan4Life is on your ignore list.

You forgot you're a boring ass hick with no swag? Go find a new hobby, your days lurking and making bad post on this site are over.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
This message is hidden because SpursFan4Life is on your ignore list.

You forgot you're a boring ass hick with no swag? Go find a new hobby, your days lurking and making bad post on this site are over.
Maybe you should stop hanging on my nuts in every post. I only see you use "spursfag" every other post. Oh and I'm not a pussy who puts people on ignore. That's extra lame.