Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement for Mobley?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Retirement for Mobley?

With Cuttino Mobley still not in uniform following his trade to the New York Knicks, the New York Post has made reference to the possibility of Mobley filing papers for a medical retirement today because of a heart condition.

The move appears to be bizarre considering the condition was detected when Mobley was with the Houston Rockets, and he has played without problems with the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings and L.A. Clippers since then.

Mobley was averaging 33 minutes and 14 points a game this season before the the trade.
    I honestly don't care. He's not part of our future, but definately is a better option than Crawford.

Bring back H20!!!

Anybody have any knowledge on the injury/retirement exception we'd get from the league if he did retire?

That would give us cap space right now to add somebody next season.

This will open up a roster spot and actually save us 75% of his contract (insurance).

I'm not sure Houston is the answer. He barely made it through training camp, I don't see him surviving a full season, especially in the up-tempo system with a depleted roster.

There has got to be some free agents out there that we could sign for a year. Fred Jones? Is he still available. We will probably sign Ewing Jr.

Hey Kiya, Demetris Nichols is probably available. Give Donnie a call.

With Mebury gone soon, we will have 2 roster spots open. Does anybody have a list of (decent) free agents. Not a list containing players that will never play again (e.g. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf).

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

This sucks i woulda loved to see him in a knick uniform his shooting woulda been a plus for us but retirement is better for him we save more money on cap this way and opens up a roster spot......Ewing JR #6 i gonna be back soon

12th man

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This will open up a roster spot and actually save us 75% of his contract (insurance).

I'm not sure Houston is the answer. He barely made it through training camp, I don't see him surviving a full season, especially in the up-tempo system with a depleted roster.

There has got to be some free agents out there that we could sign for a year. Fred Jones? Is he still available. We will probably sign Ewing Jr.

Hey Kiya, Demetris Nichols is probably available. Give Donnie a call.

With Mebury gone soon, we will have 2 roster spots open. Does anybody have a list of (decent) free agents. Not a list containing players that will never play again (e.g. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf).
    Did Allan Houston have anal sex with your mother?

Fred Jones is available, Damon Stoudamire is available, Kirk Snyder, Bonzi Wells, Smush Parker are available

But Mobley is better than any of them imo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Your mom and dad don't love you, do they. It's the only explanation for such blatant attempts for attention.

too bad the Knicks can't make a trade for DJ Mbenga, he's good running the floor with D'Antoni's system

Originally Posted by metrocard
    looks like ur jealous.....does allan houston have anal sex with you? maybe him n marbury tag up and train you....lmao at metrosexual

real goose

In response to New York Post report that Cuttino Mobley could be about to retire due to his heart condition, Alan Hahn of Newsday writes that a retirement announcement is not imminent.

Mobley is still undergoing tests that won't be complete until next week, after which he and the Knicks will determine the next step. Hahn agrees that Mobley may end up retiring, but it sounds like official word won't be coming down this week.

12th man

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Your mom and dad don't love you, do they. It's the only explanation for such blatant attempts for attention.
    I raped your mother; with going into the process of taking a **** on her saggy wrinkled chest.

Originally Posted by Toons
    looks like ur jealous.....does allan houston have anal sex with you? maybe him n marbury tag up and train you....lmao at metrosexual

real goose
    Only a real faggot would of think of something like that.

I think that we'll do better, once Nate and Jared are back: they'll give us more D and scoring. Hopefully, Harrington can start to play in the post, we need some sort of inside presence. David Lee should be sent down there, too. He just might be able to do some good things, down low. I'd like to see if he can knock down some hook shots, with some sort of regularity.

As for metrocard, he reminds me of some of the special ed. kids I've worked with, deficient in all ways but one: acting crazy.

Mobley retires
    Cut Marubary
    Sign Houston ,and Ewing Jr.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I think that we'll do better, once Nate and Jared are back: they'll give us more D and scoring. Hopefully, Harrington can start to play in the post, we need some sort of inside presence. David Lee should be sent down there, too. He just might be able to do some good things, down low. I'd like to see if he can knock down some hook shots, with some sort of regularity.

As for metrocard, he reminds me of some of the special ed. kids I've worked with, deficient in all ways but one: acting crazy.
    Agreed.

Metro = Lame ass who's highlight in life is talking **** on knicksonline.

Sucks about Mobley, wish we could have gotten a draft pick out of the deal because of this. I would love to see H20 in a Knick uniform again, but it's not likely. If he's up to it, I'm all for it though. He would definitely become our best 3 point shooter. Otherwise, let's try to find a gem in the D-League.