damn that's sad what happened to Rodney Rogers

feetoe

Benchwarmer
Former NBA and college basketball star Rodney Rogers is paralyzed as the result of an all-terrain vehicle accident, his college coach told the News & Observer of Raleigh-Durham, N.C.

Rodney Rogers was one of the NBA's best sixth men and a respected 3-point shooter during his 12-year pro career.
Dave Odom, who coached Rogers when he earned All-America honors at Wake Forest and was the 1993 ACC Player of the Year, said Wednesday that his former star is paralyzed from the shoulders down, according to the report.

"Say a prayer for Rodney and his family,'' Odom said, according to the newspaper.

Starks

Starter
I hate it when things like this happen to the good people on earth.

He was a player I always wanted the Knicks to grab. I watched him in Denver and loved his game.

It just hurts more to find out how humble of a person he was after he left the NBA. He didn't seem to care about his riches. Like a real blue collar guy, he got a job in a factory and was driving a truck because of his hard working nature.

Athletes like that should be the real role models. At least as far as character goes.

So sad