A note on Marbury / Kidd

richtree

Rotation player
How come nobody says the Mavs aren't playing good since Kidd has been there....

is Kidd's career offically over ?????????????

cause I know if Steph was traded to Dallas they would be all over him... /

what do you think ?

I just think Jason Kidd's career is done.....he looks old, slow, worn out....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
hell no, jason kidd averaging 9 points, 2.6 steals a game, 8.5 assists a game,7 rebounds a game and shooting 41% from the 3 point line and shooting 44% from the field.....from what i seen JKidd is not the PG they need....dirk who is their go to guy doesnt compliment Jkidd

Toons

is the Bo$$
you must be retarded.
jason kidd is arguably the BEST rebounding point guard in the league.

9 pts, 8 rebs, 8.5 assists 2.6 stals per game (2nd in the nba)

he is almost averaging a tripple double

marbury at his best, is not as good as kidd

lets not fool ourselves

KBlack25

Starter
Also Jason Kidd has won a playoff series in his career, has been to two NBA Finals. He has the brass to be respected despite his off-the-court problems. For the most part he's been a good on and off-the-court teammate.

richtree

Rotation player
Starks firstly, this is aimed more at Jay Kidd....

Secondly, I just don't think Kidd is meshing well, and he looks slower and older.....

Stats he still has....but the Mavs seems out of it....

guess Dirk isn't an elite player anymore

GetRealistic

Starter
The Mavs knew they were taking a big risk adding an up in age Jason Kidd. Don't really see how this has anything to do with Marbury because Marbury is younger and not half the player Kidd was in his prime.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
A lot of good points being made. What I want to know is how long before cuban blows up the team? I use to hear talks about it when nash was there and they did it to an extent, but this team is even worser than that one. 2 years? 3 years?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
marbury >> j kidd

mavs would be better off with starbury

I'm a big fan of yours (no homo) even though you get a little too carried with with the Marbury stuff for my tsaste, but I can't agree with this one. The stats simply don't tell you what Kidd brings to the table. He's clearly lost a step in the last year or two, but he's still a great PG and better that Marbury. Now if you told me Marbury has more natural talent, I might agree, but Kidd plays the game better.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I do think marbury would be a better fit for dallas though. Not to take anything away from kidd, the future hall of famer, but he is past his prime. Other teams would collapse the paint more when steph drives to the basket because they know that he can finish better than kidd, who has a past first mentality. Which means more open looks for the mavs' outside shooters.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
I agree that J-Kidd dosnt really complement Dirk but hes still better than starbury in the fact that he can win

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
They want to compete. Marbury isnt really known as the guy who puts his teams to another level... :)
Kidd may be old and slow, but he's still top 5 point guard in the West. And more importantly, he's competative as hell
Besides, they have Terry, who's also pretty good at PG.

Dallas is 8-2 in last 10 games, they are getting into shape. I think Cuban will give them full year to see how they do.