Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: SMH @ the Knicks abandoning Starbury like that

  1. #1
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Thumbs down SMH @ the Knicks abandoning Starbury like that

    He was on the bench 3 weeks and nobody spoke up. How can anyone argue that he abandoned the team? The team abandoned him.

    Even Crawford knew the Knicks ****ed up

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "Honestly, everybody there thought it would be handled before the season started, one way or the other," Crawford told the San Francisco Chronicle last night before facing the Cavs. "And now it's continuing to go [on]. It needs to be resolved one way or the other, for sure. It wasn't really a distraction because we were winning, you know what I mean? We've had distractions in the past, so to us, that wasn't like a real distraction. Steph remained professional. He never blew up at the team."

    I got more respect for Crawford now, hes not afraid to speak the truth. Hes probably the one that told Marbury about Q-b!tch and Danphony talkin smack behind his back. SMH @ the whole knicks team talkin like high school girls in the bathroom


    I heard somewhere that an NBA executive believes that Damnphony didnt wanna play starbury because he was afraid starbury would have an all star year and fans would be upset when they didnt resign him at the end of the year. That makes sense to me. Marburys in great shape, and ready to dominate.

    Even Donnie walsh can see the bitch in Damnphony. Walsh is always cool and calm in his interviews. Damnphony looks uptight, stressed out, and he also looks like a liar.





    Theres nothin more i hate then fake ass bitches




    Thats all for now, have a good night

  2. #2
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You know I disagree with you on Marbury, but I'm going to try not to address Steph really in this post either positively or negatively.

    Crawford's quote to me means that whatever was going on in the locker room between Steph and D'Antoni it wasn't a huge distraction for the team. That's good and speaks volumes about a young team. They aren't getting distracted (with the exception of Q) by the circus that has incurred. I personally think Steph should have just taken a cheaper buyout than being so stingy but he doesn't want to do it, and it's well within his right not to.

    But, MSG, come on. This team is 8-8. Let me repeat that. THIS TEAM IS 8-8!!!!! People had them finishing as the East's cellar dwellars, teams used to see NY on the schedule and count it as a win. Teams used to come into MSG and run the Knicks out of the building. Well you know what, finally, FINALLY those days seem to be coming to an end. This team is playing a fun brand of basketball to watch, they are winning games and playing good teams close including Portland tonight (I write this at halftime of the Portland game). So, the fact that Steph isn't out there might bother you, fine. The fact that you think they treated Steph awfully is fine. You are entitled to your opinion, but come on man look at the big picture. This team finally isn't the playing laughing stock of the league anymore (while we might be the player-relations laughing stock, the games aren't played in the back office), and teams and players (including free agents) are starting to take this team kind of seriously.

    We've seen Nate flourish off the bench this year. We've seen David Lee continue to work hard. We've seen Q improve over what he had been. We've seen Wilson Chandler explode onto the scene. And I think the new coaching staff is to thank. Are we really so short sighted to let all these good things fall by the wayside because of the way they treated one bereaved player? Are we really so upset over Steph being treated unfairly when so many more good things, positive things, have happened for the team we all love this season?

    Hate Steph if you want to. Hate D'Antoni. Hate Q. But look at what's happening in NY, WE ARE NOT A JOKE ANYMORE! And that is more important to me than the happiness of any one player.

  3. #3
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Theres several reasons why were 8-8 that have nothin to do with marbury not playin....if marbury was playin, we would be 10-6

    And here we go....

    1. Damnphony is a b!tch, but hes a real coach unlike Isiah
    2. Damnphony has a playbook unlike isiah
    3. Damnphony has a gameplan unlike Isiah
    4. Eddy Curry is not playin
    5. Chandler-19.6mpg last year, 30.9mpg this year
    6. Chandler is better then he was last year
    7. Chandler only played in 16 games last year
    8. Nate Robinson is better this year
    9. Q-rich is in better shape, and hes shooting better
    10. David Lee is better on offense this year



    Duhon is good, i have no problem with him. But marbury does everything duhon does and more. Marbury has been ready to play more of a team game, as he proved in 2006-07. In preseason he was very passive, and did a good job of playing within the team system. A backcourt of Duhon and Marbury is what Damnphony should have went with from the beginning, instead of duhon and crawful.

    I am happy with how we are playing and Im happy with the job damnphony has done as a coach, EXCEPT his poor decisions with Marbury. Its obvious that Donnie Walsh doesnt approve of what Damnphony has done with that situation.

  4. #4
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Is it me or is this thread just going to bring a bunch of bitches out from both sides who are going to argue and cry about ****?

  5. #5
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I guess MSG, my point is, why when there is so much GOOD stuff happening in NY do you (and by you I don't mean just you I'm referring to people on this board and the media) have to focus on the negative? The team looks like they are playing together and I think that's huge and SO important.

    I'm not saying we're 8-8 because Marbury isn't playing, I said we're 8-8 with the guys that ARE playing, and there's an important distinction there. I don't know and don't want to speculate what the team's record would be with Marbury, it's all speculation. Fact is Marbury isn't playing and this team is STILL performing pretty well, so let's just sit back and enjoy what we are seeing. That would be the superb development of Lee, Robinson and Chandler and the maturation of Duhon into what might be a very very legit point guard. Focusing on Marbury only detracts from the guys that ARE out there busting their asses every night to give fans like me and you a show.

  6. #6
    Newbie Starbury Soulja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    knicks move the ball well but ball movement would be better with a slasher like starbury on the court. Its known fact that he's the best player on this team. But if D'antoni doesn't want to play an allstar point guard then thats his choice. He's only making himself look dumb, i mean c'mon!!!!!! And no one on the team said anything to defend Starbury???? They don't defend at all, their opponents or Starbury. If they had Starbury 3 in uniform they would be scoring 5 to 10 points more a game. Duhon is averaging 8.2 assists? Marbury can do that while averaging over 20 points and playing more defense!!!! Why doesn't everyone see this!!!!! And c'mon, stop saying hes not a team player!! MSGknicks made good points. Don't ignore them.

    I mean, look at this.

    1. Damnphony is a b!tch, but hes a real coach unlike Isiah
    2. Damnphony has a playbook unlike isiah
    3. Damnphony has a gameplan unlike Isiah
    4. Eddy Curry is not playin
    5. Chandler-19.6mpg last year, 30.9mpg this year
    6. Chandler is better then he was last year
    7. Chandler only played in 16 games last year
    8. Nate Robinson is better this year
    9. Q-rich is in better shape, and hes shooting better
    10. David Lee is better on offense this year

    Everyone always whines about how teams get better after Starbury 3 leaves. He gave 10 legitimate reasons why the Knicks are better, besides Star 3 not playing. I'll take his 10 reasons over your one reason every day of the week!!!!

  7. #7
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    And my point "Soulja" was that I accept a lot of those things as truth. But the reasons "Chandler is better than last year" and "Nate is better than last year" and "Q is shooting better than last year" all have to do with the fact that D'Antoni's system has MADE them better. D'Antoni has done GREAT things with this team, just because he treated one player bad does not erase all the good he's done. I wasn't battling MSG at all, I was asking him to focus on the good things happening with this team (and there are a lot of them that MSG cites himself) instead of focusing on the ONE bad thing he claims D'Antoni has done. I'm not saying this team is better because Marbury isn't playing, for the kajillionth time. I'm saying they're playing better, period. And THAT'S what we as fans should focus on, the awesome development of Chandler, Lee and Robinson. We as Knicks fans may never see a trio develop from rookies to impact players right before our eyes and all at the same time. So let's focus on the good, not how they treated a bereaved PG.


    Stop tryin to create beef/drama when there is none...

  8. #8
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Is it me or is this thread just going to bring a bunch of bitches out from both sides who are going to argue and cry about ****?

    theres gotta be some limit 2 da amount of starbury threads allowed lol, this is just getting ridiculous

  9. #9
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I guess MSG, my point is, why when there is so much GOOD stuff happening in NY do you (and by you I don't mean just you I'm referring to people on this board and the media) have to focus on the negative? The team looks like they are playing together and I think that's huge and SO important.

    I'm not saying we're 8-8 because Marbury isn't playing, I said we're 8-8 with the guys that ARE playing, and there's an important distinction there. I don't know and don't want to speculate what the team's record would be with Marbury, it's all speculation. Fact is Marbury isn't playing and this team is STILL performing pretty well, so let's just sit back and enjoy what we are seeing. That would be the superb development of Lee, Robinson and Chandler and the maturation of Duhon into what might be a very very legit point guard. Focusing on Marbury only detracts from the guys that ARE out there busting their asses every night to give fans like me and you a show.
    I really dont care to focus on the negative. We have alotta posters who unfairly hate on him, and im doing what i always do, defending him. I have no problem with you, i respect you for being an unbiased poster. I think that you do a good job of contributing to this forum. This thread aint aimed at posters like you, its aimed at the posters who hate him.

    I wish that the marbury debates would stop on here. I try making good threads like my "chandler vs deng" thread to bring the attention off marbury. I wasnt on here yesterday, i come on today and see 5 threads with at least 3 pages, full of marbury hate. I think you should be replying to the haters, and tellin them to enjoy our winning and drop the marbury talk. Theres far more posts hating on marbury then their are defending him.

    Just the other night, when duhon had the 22 assists, i went into that thread to give him his props and right away i see marbury hate. Marbury is not a cancer player in my opinion, and i can prove that as good as anyone else. He is however a cancer to this site. Other then the Marbury talk i think this site is real good, it would be a lot better if the haters kept quiet.

    I thought that you were saying we're a better team without marbury. Im sorry for misinterpreting your post, but the way this site has been i think its easy to make that mistake. I gave 10 good reasons that can be statistically proven, as to why the knicks are better....reasons that have nothing to do with marbury. But its the closed minded shallow posters who will look at things from a very simple and negative perspective. Me? I like to think deep and analyze everything, all the facts. I see you as being one of those types of posters too.

  10. #10
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Thanks for the compliments, I never meant to berate your posts and I think you do contribute a lot to the site (esp. with the game threads), but even you admit the Marbury threads are getting tiresome. There are idiotic posters on both sides of the silly argument who will blindly love Steph or who will blindly hate him.

    I'd just like to see this board come back to what it's about, the Knicks. Personally, ON THE COURT, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing this year out of the guys D'Antoni has chosen to play. OFF THE COURT, it's a circus it's a mess and the fact that now we're gonna have to hear about whether they'll sign Lebron or not for the next 500 days only means it's going to get worse. It's the pleasure and pain of being a NY Sports fan.

  11. #11
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starbury Soulja
    knicks move the ball well but ball movement would be better with a slasher like starbury on the court. Its known fact that he's the best player on this team. But if D'antoni doesn't want to play an allstar point guard then thats his choice. He's only making himself look dumb, i mean c'mon!!!!!! And no one on the team said anything to defend Starbury???? They don't defend at all, their opponents or Starbury. If they had Starbury 3 in uniform they would be scoring 5 to 10 points more a game. Duhon is averaging 8.2 assists? Marbury can do that while averaging over 20 points and playing more defense!!!! Why doesn't everyone see this!!!!! And c'mon, stop saying hes not a team player!! MSGknicks made good points. Don't ignore them.

    I mean, look at this.

    1. Damnphony is a b!tch, but hes a real coach unlike Isiah
    2. Damnphony has a playbook unlike isiah
    3. Damnphony has a gameplan unlike Isiah
    4. Eddy Curry is not playin
    5. Chandler-19.6mpg last year, 30.9mpg this year
    6. Chandler is better then he was last year
    7. Chandler only played in 16 games last year
    8. Nate Robinson is better this year
    9. Q-rich is in better shape, and hes shooting better
    10. David Lee is better on offense this year
    Everyone always whines about how teams get better after Starbury 3 leaves. He gave 10 legitimate reasons why the Knicks are better, besides Star 3 not playing. I'll take his 10 reasons over your one reason every day of the week!!!!
    First, you guyz need to stop talking about marbury like he's this team all star player because as far as i know he was never an all star with ny knicks. In fact the last time he was an all star was back in 2003 (and 2001) and even back there he was a reserve. So it's time to stop talking about his greatness because he was never a great player. He only had the talent to be a great player but locked everything else( being a team player,leadership etc). Was he the best talent on this team, yes, was he the best fit in d'angtoni system, no, so let's move on and wish steph all the best in the future and concentrate on the team we have now.
    Second, if no one the team defended him then maybe they like him just as much as ''their opponents'' so there it goes your ''team player'' label to marbury. Also if marbury was gonna score 5-10 points more per game someone else was gonna score 5-10 points less.(see crawford last season, he scored career high cuz steph had career low).
    Third, you state that d'angtony look dumb for not playing marbury but then you agree with msg about his first 3 ''good points, that d'angtony is a real coach, he has a playbook and a gameplan(maybe not playing steph is part of his game plan......looool). That dont make a lot of sense and make you look...... well bad.

  12. #12
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    And my point "Soulja" was that I accept a lot of those things as truth. But the reasons "Chandler is better than last year" and "Nate is better than last year" and "Q is shooting better than last year" all have to do with the fact that D'Antoni's system has MADE them better. D'Antoni has done GREAT things with this team, just because he treated one player bad does not erase all the good he's done. I wasn't battling MSG at all, I was asking him to focus on the good things happening with this team (and there are a lot of them that MSG cites himself) instead of focusing on the ONE bad thing he claims D'Antoni has done. I'm not saying this team is better because Marbury isn't playing, for the kajillionth time. I'm saying they're playing better, period. And THAT'S what we as fans should focus on, the awesome development of Chandler, Lee and Robinson. We as Knicks fans may never see a trio develop from rookies to impact players right before our eyes and all at the same time. So let's focus on the good, not how they treated a bereaved PG.


    Stop tryin to create beef/drama when there is none...
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I really dont care to focus on the negative. We have alotta posters who unfairly hate on him, and im doing what i always do, defending him. I have no problem with you, i respect you for being an unbiased poster. I think that you do a good job of contributing to this forum. This thread aint aimed at posters like you, its aimed at the posters who hate him.

    I wish that the marbury debates would stop on here. I try making good threads like my "chandler vs deng" thread to bring the attention off marbury. I wasnt on here yesterday, i come on today and see 5 threads with at least 3 pages, full of marbury hate. I think you should be replying to the haters, and tellin them to enjoy our winning and drop the marbury talk. Theres far more posts hating on marbury then their are defending him.

    Just the other night, when duhon had the 22 assists, i went into that thread to give him his props and right away i see marbury hate. Marbury is not a cancer player in my opinion, and i can prove that as good as anyone else. He is however a cancer to this site. Other then the Marbury talk i think this site is real good, it would be a lot better if the haters kept quiet.

    I thought that you were saying we're a better team without marbury. Im sorry for misinterpreting your post, but the way this site has been i think its easy to make that mistake. I gave 10 good reasons that can be statistically proven, as to why the knicks are better....reasons that have nothing to do with marbury. But its the closed minded shallow posters who will look at things from a very simple and negative perspective. Me? I like to think deep and analyze everything, all the facts. I see you as being one of those types of posters too.
    Best 2 posts i read in a while.
    Time to move on and focus on the curent situation rather then have every other post talking about marbury one way or the other.

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Another powerful thread from MSG.

    Crawford is obviously speaking the truth.
    The truth a lot of people don't want to see.

    Anyone who didn't back stabbed Marbury obviously was on their way on the plane to California.

    I have respect for Crawford the person, but not Crawford the player(I respect his abilities but wished he played a different style that would optimize the team's success rather than his shot attempts).

    Marbury was disrespected, straight up. Theres no excuse for that as a professional.
    When the ex "face" of the Knicks Crawford says Marbury didn't do anything to blow up the team, then you KNOW the following is true.

    Every single time a Marbury hater would say Marbury killed the team, he's holding the team back, this totally contradicts that and proves them wrong, proves what I've been saying the last year has been RIGHT.

    Once again, time, reality and the cold hard facts are on my side....making me look stronger than I normally am.

    Its sweet, it feels sweet really. I'm not surprised at all by this article. You guys shouldn't be surprised either.

    MSGknicks , you're a beast!!!

  14. #14
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    SMH at the 500th thread about Marbury being started. Couldn't you have just thrown this article in the other 500 threads about Marbury. I get your point, i don't agree with it but i understand it and your entitled to your opinion. That being said being one of the biggest Marbury haters from years ago before it was the new rage on this site to either like or dislike him i've even stopped discussing the guy.

    I mean we lost the game last night but for being undermanned and undersized we battled last night till the end. And maybe if we got a few calls it woulda been a lot closer game. I'm impressed we battled one of the best teams in the NBA till the end and would much rather talk about that then the never ending Marbury nonsense.

    Despite anybodies beliefs. Pro Marbury or against Marbury he's gone so lets talk about the players who have been busting it on an undermanned team the last week.

    As far as Crawfords quote goes it may very well be true, but is there more of a politically correct interview in the NBA than Crawford? He was always one of the best at dealing with the NY media. Q Rich shoulda kept his mouth shut but after a game against the Pistons where we played only 7 guys the emotions probably got the best of him. As we've seen with the interviews after the Celtics game Q doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

  15. #15
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Also would the Marbury supporters have liked the benching/buyout more if it happened in June? Or are they just mad he's not playing not because of the way it was handeled.

    As you all know i woulda bought him out last year after the plane incident, so i agree we prolonged the situation longer then we needed to, but it feels like some posters aren't necessarily mad about the handeling of the situation there just still mad that he's not the starting point guard.

Similar Threads

  1. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Nov 17, 2008, 09:48
  3. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 23:23
  4. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 17:29
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 17:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •