0-5

JayJ44

Starter
That was definitely a good trade for us. Harrington is so much more consistent than Crawford. Plus, he actually realizes that if his shot isn't hitting, that he should get to the basket and finish. He's probably our best player right now.

TunerAddict

Starter
That was definitely a good trade for us. Harrington is so much more consistent than Crawford. Plus, he actually realizes that if his shot isn't hitting, that he should get to the basket and finish. He's probably our best player right now.

Yep...Reminds me of how the GS fan came on and said we were idiots. Harrington has been all game all the time. Clyde compared him to King tonight...

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Although I've been pleasantly surprised with some of what I've seen from Harrington, I would not say that we're better off with him. It's too soon to tell what he will do with the Knicks, in the long run. Also, we've lost most of our games, since losing Randolph and Crawford. I would rather have kept them and have simply pushed on.

As for Crawford, you cannot blame the Warriors' record on Crawford alone, especially when it's not like Harrington was playing well for them and was lost to the Knicks, after which "bummy" Crawford arrived and could not fill his great shoes. Harrington was not playing. If you saw how easily the Knicks dismantled them, it should be pretty obvious that that entire team is deficient.

Crawford, as much as you guys like to hate on him, is a good two guard. His defense is shaky, but, if you use him with good help defenders, he's fine. As a second or third option, on a team where they don't need him to explode every single night, he'd be the type of guy you could go to war with.

If you throw a guy into rebuilding teams, you can't blame him for not leading teams to the playoffs, etc. If Crawford had been on a good squad, making the playoffs, regardless of his inconsistent play, people would not look down on him. I think that he'll do fine, as a guy who can errupt on some nights, and not on others, as soon as he can get on a successful team: Cavs, Spurs, Boston, etc.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
GS just need a management change, it pretty much seems that Mullin is muted there (if he hasnt been fired yet), and what the other guys are doing since off season makes no sense
its not that we won this trade besides cap space, Harrington hasnt proven anything in his career. But GS now has Stephen Jackson, Crawford, Maggette and Monta Ellis with big contracts at guards. Doesnt make any sense

TJ.

Rookie
The losses haven't been on Crawford, he's actually been playing okay over there compared to the other guys on the roster. He dropped 40 not long ago.

If you look at the teams they've played you've got Boston, Cleveland, Houston and the Sixers, so it's not like the team was expecting to win a lot of games anyway.

The Warriors should be getting Ellis back soon so they'll be able to turn around their current form.

Kiyaman

Legend
This Knick Team never needed Crawful on the roster or in their backcourt.
Any decent bigman for Crawful would've been a great bargan.
GS got it bad with two 30 mpg players that never provide anything on defense (Maggette & Crawful).

Harrington is a decent bench player for 26 mpg as a SF/PF.
Harrington is not a go to guy....but neither is Crawful sorry defensive effort inwhich NBA opponents take advantage of late in the game for the WIN.

I'm still blinded an upset about the Zach to Clippers deal....I rather have had Brevin Knight one year contract and a 2nd round draft pick for Zach Randolph.
I thought only Isiah Thomas made the Knicks that dumping ground for garbage players....I was wrong....Donnie Walsh got us two Garbage-Players (Tim & Mobley) for the next two seasons in one of his first trades for the Knick organization.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
This Knick Team never needed Crawful on the roster or in their backcourt.
Any decent bigman for Crawful would've been a great bargan.
GS got it bad with two 30 mpg players that never provide anything on defense (Maggette & Crawful).

Harrington is a decent bench player for 26 mpg as a SF/PF.
Harrington is not a go to guy....but neither is Crawful sorry defensive effort inwhich NBA opponents take advantage of late in the game for the WIN.

I'm still blinded an upset about the Zach to Clippers deal....I rather have had Brevin Knight one year contract and a 2nd round draft pick for Zach Randolph.
I thought only Isiah Thomas made the Knicks that dumping ground for garbage players....I was wrong....Donnie Walsh got us two Garbage-Players (Tim & Mobley) for the next two seasons in one of his first trades for the Knick organization.
Isaiah's moves were bringing in garbage players that he wanted to produce.(ala Jerome James). Donnie just bringing them in as spot fillers til 2010.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crawford is just a loser plain and simple i dont think he'll ever play in the playoffs, he has the worst winning percentage in history, his game is really inconsistant, im happy we have Harrington he's been great for us he's been everything i expected and more,and he's gt his game legs back he aint showing no signs of slowing down....good move by Walsh

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Crawford is just a loser plain and simple i dont think he'll ever play in the playoffs, he has the worst winning percentage in history, his game is really inconsistant, im happy we have Harrington he's been great for us he's been everything i expected and more,and he's gt his game legs back he aint showing no signs of slowing down....good move by Walsh

not only is crawford inconsistent, hes got some bad karma lol, not only him but i think corey maggette is wayy overrated. but yea i knew gs would be a lottery team when b-davis left, and when i heard dat monta ellis was gona be gone for 30 games, it only made my hunch more probable lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
not only is crawford inconsistent, hes got some bad karma lol, not only him but i think corey maggette is wayy overrated. but yea i knew gs would be a lottery team when b-davis left, and when i heard dat monta ellis was gona be gone for 30 games, it only made my hunch more probable lol

LMAO:teeth:...yea and they saying that Ellis injured himself purposly.....that franchise is all ****ed up right now...they've come a long way since their first round upset over the mavs

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks are 2-6 with Al Harrington, so it's unfair to call out Crawford for being 0-5 on the Warriors. In case you guys didn't know, Monta Ellis is injured, and Stephen Jackson was injured for a couple of games(including the game against the Knicks). That has a lot to do with why the Warriors are losing as much as they are. Jamal Crawford probably never will make the playoffs, but it's not entirely his fault. It's pretty hard to make the playoffs when you have Eddy Curry following you around for most of your career, and when you go on a team where two of their top scorers(Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis) are hurt.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
you make a good point abcd i agree cause since Harrington came we havent been much better but Harrington has been on winning teams before and we'll get back to that level soon next year definetly we'll be in the playoffs.Crawford never did/never will make the playoffs.......

ohh and the warriors are now 0-6 since the trade, they got smacked by the rejuvinated spurs

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I'm not shocked at all this hate for Crawford, a guy who I think was one of the few bright spots, on this team, over the last few years. After all, one of the most respected members on this site, Metrocard, said that Crawford is the worst player in NBA history. That's hate to the point of irrationality.

Here's some info.

GS is 0-5, since acquiring craw, but they're also 0-9, over the course of their last 9 games. In other words, this team has been losing for a while. Another piece of info: the Knicks have only won 2 games, since acquiring Harrington. Prior to that, with Zach and Craw on the team, we had a winning record.

All this hate for Crawford, a guy who makes 8 mill a year, who doesn't get hurt every five seconds, averages lots of points, shoots a decent fg %, for a guard, and has real character. Unbelievable.

For all you haters, Crawford would have made the playoffs, if he had had a chance. After he opts out from his current contract, I'm sure he'll go to a good team, like the Cavs, after which you'll see him shine.

I met Crawford, and some of the other Knicks, when I was coaching PSAL basketball. Our team was there to provide some of the halftime entertainment. He was one of the nicest guys on the team. And, from my own attendance at the garden, I've seen him always be the first guy out there, shooting around before games.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
you make a good point abcd i agree cause since Harrington came we havent been much better but Harrington has been on winning teams before and we'll get back to that level soon next year definetly we'll be in the playoffs.Crawford never did/never will make the playoffs.......

ohh and the warriors are now 0-6 since the trade, they got smacked by the rejuvinated spurs
Al Harrington has been on winning teams, but not as a first option. Last time Harrington was the #1 option on offense was on the Atlanta Hawks. They finished the season 13-69. I like Harrrington's game, and I think he's a good player, but he's not as good as Crawford, and he can't help the Knicks win as a number one option. The Knicks need to find a good shooting guard and a good center, so that Harrington can be used as a 3rd option. His success has been when he was used as a 6th man off the bench on the Pacers, and as a 4th scoring option on the Warriors.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Al Harrington has been on winning teams, but not as a first option. Last time Harrington was the #1 option on offense was on the Atlanta Hawks. They finished the season 13-69. I like Harrrington's game, and I think he's a good player, but he's not as good as Crawford, and he can't help the Knicks win as a number one option. The Knicks need to find a good shooting guard and a good center, so that Harrington can be used as a 3rd option. His success has been when he was used as a 6th man off the bench on the Pacers, and as a 4th scoring option on the Warriors.

i agree with you 100%.....but i just like Harrington's game more more consistent in my opinion

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Crawford is a talented guy. Unfortunately for him he's like a lot of other NBA players and most fans. They think scoring is more important than it is. What is important is hitting a high percentage of your shots. You have to take good shots. If Crawford would change his game a little and average 10-15 PPG, but hit just under 50% of his shots, his team would improve a lot, but he insists on taking all sorts of low percentage stupid shots and scoring 20 PPG and losing all the time. LOL