Live 09 or 2K9?

JayJ44

Starter
I got Live this year, I guess the DNA thing covinced me lol. It's not bad, but I think I'm gonna give it back for 2K9. Everytime I play against the lakers, Derek Fisher drops like 30-40. Rajon Rondo is always draining fadeaway 3's, it's just very unrealistic. Also, the isomotion doesn't work at all, becasue your defender is just glued to you. Plus, the gameplay is pretty boring. What about you guys?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NBA 2K9 is the most realistic basketball game ever

from the stats to the player movements to player personalities.....thats deff a game to get

other then stephon marbury who else got it on ps3 we could have a knicksonline tourny

KBlack25

Starter
If you are looking for a more true to life BBall game, the 2K line has been better for most of the decade. Some people think it's too slow for a video game, I kind of see their point but to me Live is just way too fast for a bball sim. Doesn't accurately reflect real on-court play, just a bunch of too fast guys running around each other. I haven't played either of this year's iterations but that's been my general review of the series as a whole.

Akamu

The King
NBA2k > NBA LIVE

I noticed how much better NBA 2K was when I had both games way back then. 2K's graphics were better, the life like movements and different dribbles were fun to do.

2K9 the crowd is very into the game, they jump up and down and chant names...a lot more fun then Live.

I have Live '08 and 2k9, Live is garbage, they tend to be lazy on advancement.

NBA Live - Arcade style
NBA 2k - Simulator (more fun imo)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NBA2k > NBA LIVE

I noticed how much better NBA 2K was when I had both games way back then. 2K's graphics were better, the life like movements and different dribbles were fun to do.

2K9 the crowd is very into the game, they jump up and down and chant names...a lot more fun then Live.

I have Live '08 and 2k9, Live is garbage, they tend to be lazy on advancement.

NBA Live - Arcade style
NBA 2k - Simulator (more fun imo)

word....anyone thinking about getting NBA live just read this post...game set match....i played with the Cav's and LeBron had 40 and the crowd started chanting M-V-P loll mad fun to play

Paul1355

All Star
Only problem with 2k9 is that at random times the team can go from shooting 30& to 80% in a matter of a few minutes. And at times I can get 10 blocks with a center that averages 0.5 blocks per game....its seems like when you actually play a game that it goes against their average stats.

2k9 is a very addicting game,however. And the graphics are the best i have ever seen in a sports game. Up close graphics and the fluid game play is amazing.

JayJ44

Starter
I gave back live and got 2k9 a couple days ago. It's unbelievable, it's much more realistic, and more fun at the same time. The graphics are better, the animations are better, the gameplay is much better. It looks like your watching an NBA game when your playing it. And the living roster thing is much better than the DNA thing, you actually notice the living rosters. Thanks for the advice guys :thumbsup:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I gave back live and got 2k9 a couple days ago. It's unbelievable, it's much more realistic, and more fun at the same time. The graphics are better, the animations are better, the gameplay is much better. It looks like your watching an NBA game when your playing it. And the living roster thing is much better than the DNA thing, you actually notice the living rosters. Thanks for the advice guys :thumbsup:

no problem man, what system u play it on?....ohh and if u don't got it on HDTV then u gotta play it on it...i played it at my cousins house and the game is that much more realistic....im getting me a hdtv soon within the next week or so they're cheap and have great financing options loll...

JayJ44

Starter
no problem man, what system u play it on?....ohh and if u don't got it on HDTV then u gotta play it on it...i played it at my cousins house and the game is that much more realistic....im getting me a hdtv soon within the next week or so they're cheap and have great financing options loll...

I got it on ps3, my psn is the same as my name here btw, jayj44. I don't think I know anyone with hdtv, and no way I spend that much money for it lol.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Lol yea ima add you to m network and when i find time i might play you....and yea that game is sick! much better then NBA live, that game is just too corny the player movement and graphics piss me off

the dunk contest in 2k9 is pretty hot mad realistic...unlike throwing it off the jumbotron in nba live

JayJ44

Starter
I suck though, still getting used to the controls. I like using the Rockets, Yao is unstoppable in that game.

I love the dunk contest, hated the one in live. I couldn't do any of that jumbotron crap, and neither could any real player ever. I know it's a dunk contest, but it's too unrealistic. The props are really cool.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
loll i play with either the knicks or cavs mostly the knicks though.......i just created an account its the same as my username DaTPRiNCE....

the funnest shit is GTA4 online play mad fun u could sit there of hours

we(me and my cousins) were in a helicopter flying over the city and i just jumped out for no reason lmao

Paul1355

All Star
loll i play with either the knicks or cavs mostly the knicks though.......i just created an account its the same as my username DaTPRiNCE....

the funnest shit is GTA4 online play mad fun u could sit there of hours

we(me and my cousins) were in a helicopter flying over the city and i just jumped out for no reason lmao

its pretty cool how real it looks when ur falling a 100 stories to ur death. lol that sounded depressing.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I play everything...online is only good with alot of people though or with ur friends

yea true that the only time I play it 2 I play it with a bunch of my cousins and we do drive bys get helicoptots it's really fun....the missions I here is fun 2 I need to try that out

Paul1355

All Star
yea true that the only time I play it 2 I play it with a bunch of my cousins and we do drive bys get helicoptots it's really fun....the missions I here is fun 2 I need to try that out

If u didnt play the story then u missed out on 95% of that game man. The reason why the game is so good is because of the story and that every mission is completely different and there are some missions that are really fun, like heart pounding.

So get on those missions lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no im talking about online missions.........and im playing the missions in single player mode now.....lmao, but i was reffering to online...