• Wilson Chandler

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Luol Deng

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (9-11) vs The Chicago Bulls (9-11)
Tues. 12/9 at 8:30pm ET on MSG​

aerial.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Tuesday Nights game against the Chicago Bulls. The Knicks are coming off an impressive victory against the Detroit Pistons. Chris Duhon had himself a great game, leading the way for the Knicks with 25 points (814), 9 assists, and 5 rebounds. Quentin Richardson had 23 points, Al Harrington had 18 points, and David Lee grabbed 19 rebounds. Wilson Chandler had 17 points and 8 rebounds.

The Chicago Bulls look like they're starting to come together. The Knicks and the Bulls share a 9 and 11 record. The Bulls are coming off a win against one of the worst teams in the league so far this season, the Washington Wizards. Rookie point guard Derick Rose, who has lived up to the hype scored 15 points and dished out 8 assists while not having a single turnover in 37 minutes of action. Luol Deng, who is starting to play much better scored 26 points, snatched 4 rebounds, and had 4 assists. Ben Gordon had a very efficient 21 points, and 7 assists. When Gordons hitting his shots and passing the ball, the Bulls are a tough team to stop. Having a great shooter like Gordon spreads the floor and opens up the middle for the rest of the team. Rose, Gordon, and Deng form a very nice 1-2-3 punch.

It will be interesting to see how the Knicks and the Bulls match up. This might be a difficult game for the Knicks unless Nate Robinson returns from his injury. The Bulls, despite having a talented team, seem to have problems getting started on some nights. If the Knicks can play some defense I believe they can win this game. Gordon is a player that can potentially do a lot of damage against the Knicks, so they will need to be more then aware of his outside shooting prowess. Richardson will have to smother him and not let him get any open looks.

If you were unable to see the Pistons game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

bullshit.gif

The Chicago Bulls

pg-Derick Rose
sg-Ben Gordon
sf-Luol Deng
pf-Drew Gooden
C-Aaron Gray

3456.jpg
2381.jpg
2429.jpg
1711.jpg
3207.jpg

Backups: Larry Hughes, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Lindsey Hunter, Thabo Sefolosha

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT POWER FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg

BACKUPS: TIM THOMAS, JARED JEFFRIES, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Wilson Chandler vs Luol Deng

Luol_Deng_slam.jpg

PH2007042500043.jpg

VS

willthrill.jpg

340x.jpg

Wilson Chandler

I recently made a thread asking who everyone thought was better, Chandler or Deng. Luol Deng has stepped up his game recently, but Chandler is still putting up better numbers in almost every statistical Category.

Chandlers 08-09 Stats
PPG 14.5
RPG 5.7
APG 1.8
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.444
FT% 0.765
3P% 0.356
MPG 31.4

Dengs 08-09 Stats

PPG 13.8
RPG 5.0
APG 1.5
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.6
FG% 0.428
FT% 0.831
3P% 0.375
MPG 33.5

In 2 less minutes, Chandler is averaging more points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and hes shooting a higher percentage from the field. Deng is 23 years old, Chandler is 21 years old.

It should be interesting to see them go to head to head. Both of them are strong, athletics small forwards who still have plenty of time and room to improve. Im not sure who I expect to put up better numbers on Tuesday Night, but its a good matchup to keep an eye on.

Luol Deng

Deng has really shown signs of breaking out of his slump and returning to his high level of play during the last 2 games. The Knicks must do their best to limit Dengs productivity. Hes a strong, athletic small forward who can hit the open jumper and slash to the hoop.

10p3ql2.png

As you can tell, those numbers over the last 2 games are very impressive. Wilson Chandler will have his work cut out for him Tuesday Night in Chicago.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Smother Ben Gordon
  • Limit the penetration of Derick Rose (No homo)
  • Offense!!! We average 5.5 more points per game then they do
  • Do Not Foul Excessively. Chicagos the 4th best FT shooting team in the NBA

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

David Lee

bk_AAHR145_16x20~David-Lee-Posters.jpg

david-lee.jpg

David Lee has been playing extremely well as of late. Since Zach Randolph got trade to the Clippers, Lee has been scoring more points and hes proving that hes one of the best rebounders in the NBA. Lee has put up all star numbers over the past 5 games.

2cckm06.png

Again, very good numbers for Lee. His field goal percentage is higher then Redman. Hes .3 rebounds shy of averaging a double double for the season. The way hes going, I expect him to be averaging a double double after the Bulls game. I also want to give credit to Chris Duhon. Unfortunately I can only have one spotlight player per game but Duhon has played the point guard position very well for the Knicks. It will be fun watching him go up against his former team on Tuesday.

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Raekwon
Title:Heaven & Hell
Album:Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Year:1996

3298.jpg

Download "Heaven & Hell" Here:
17 Heaven _ Hell.mp3 - 11.31MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Wed, Dec 10 @ New Jersey 7:30 PM
  • Sat, Dec 13 @ Sacramento 10:00 PM
  • Mon, Dec 15 @ Phoenix 9:00 PM
  • Tue, Dec 16 @ LA Lakers 10:30 PM
  • Fri, Dec 19 Milwaukee 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Tuesday night on MSG.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sick thread MSG good to have u back at it....this will be an interesting game to watch...Deng vs Chandler and i wanna see Rose dudes been sick so far this year will give our gaurds alot of trouble on offfense and Gordon is a tough matchup he's been sick so far this year.....we gotta come out firing on tuesday cause this is a good bulls team and we matchup pretty well neither of us have a low post presence....its a matter of who's offense is clicking and who makes defensive stops when they matter....hopefully we carry momentum from the win vs Detroit....

Bulls-110 Knicks-115

jpz17

Starter
knickz rules.. please take that quote out of your post.. It makes this twice as long.. good thread msg

I hope duhon can keep derrick in front of him.. if not its gonna be a long night..

But my prediction is a Knicks win.. This is definately a winnable game
Knicks 122
Bulls 117

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
thanks datprince....it feels good to make a good one after my last 2. Although with the hawks game thread, i cant count that as a bad one because it was a last minute fill in for kiyaman/the knicks 3.

I can see us winning this game, especially if Q-rich can slow down gordon which will be a difficult task. But he can do a better job then crawford would have, if we still had him.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
thanks datprince....it feels good to make a good one after my last 2. Although with the hawks game thread, i cant count that as a bad one because it was a last minute fill in for kiyaman/the knicks 3.

I can see us winning this game, especially if Q-rich can slow down gordon which will be a difficult task. But he can do a better job then crawford would have, if we still had him.

i glad all da posts r more positive, nd yea i agree with u on gordon. if he gets hot, then we cud be in for a long day knowing how bad our defense can be. but this team doesnt have a dominant low post game, they basically a perimeter team like us. and i think we r better in makin shots. as long as we execute (nd hopefully have nate back) this shud be a knicks victory

JayJ44

Starter
This should be an easy win for us if our shots are going down. It would help a lot if Nate was back too. But we don't play great on the road, so we'll see how this one plays out. I think Chandler will win the matchup against Deng. Deng has been in a funk lately, and Chandler has been doing good. I expect Lee and Duhon to have a good game, because they don't have much of an inside presence to defend their penetration off the pick and roll.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Great thread. Must've taken you frickin' ages. Best read in a while with the stats: Chandler v Deng. I'm gonna role with Deng though after a big night.

Rose v Duhon is massive too. Quick vs grit. I think Ben Gordon could potentially erupt on us with our SG vacancy.

Harrington and Lee against Gooden and Sefellacio or whatever his name is works in our favour nicely. Harrington really should better 25+ points and Lee given that he doesn't wear down from too many minutes is a safe bet vs Fellacio and Noah.

Great win if we get it. Better than beating the defunct Pistons.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no prob MSG....they were still good but this is your patented thread right here ****ing classic...anyways if we could give Rose different looks on defense he may get frustrated after all he is just a rookie.....and we cant give them any open looks from the outside cause if they do then they'll have no problem winning this game it'll be a fun high scoreing game but we could/should win it....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just realized that I said Gordon could have a massive game after about 3 other people had already said it.

G to the A to the Y

metrocard

Legend
Game threads like this would take other people ages.
Takes MSG the blink of the age, respect his talents.

This is an EVEN match up.
I hope I could find time to watch the game.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks should win this game. If they can beat the Pistons, they should be able to beat the Bulls.

Anyone hear how bad the cut on D.Rose is (and where it is) I read he cut himself by leaving a Knife in or by his bed (was eating an apple???)

OK they said it was 10 stitches in the arm (not specific) and that it shouldn't cause him to miss any games (dam)

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
Anyone hear how bad the cut on D.Rose is (and where it is) I read he cut himself by leaving a Knife in or by his bed (was eating an apple???)

He got 10 stitches on his arm, be he'll probably play.
Derrick Rose is fearless on the NBA hardcourt, his aggressive drives to the hoop have quickly earned him raves as the league's best rookie. He might want to exercise a bit more caution at home however.
According to a Bulls public relations source, the rookie guard cut himself at home while slicing an apple in bed. Rose reportedly put the knife on his bed and then later rolled over onto the knife, cutting his arm.
Rose received 10 stitches in his arm but is expected to play Tuesday night against the Knicks at the United Center

http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/basketball/Roses-Thorn-is-a-Knife.html

KBlack25

Starter
I'm excited to see what Derrick Rose can do. Pistons are overrated as AI's time it looks like is all but done, this game I think will prove tougher for NY than we think...