Mobley Retires

New New York

Quiet Storm
I very excite!

borat-high-five.jpg

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
great career, very consistent and always came to play his heart out(literally)...he was one of the good guys in the league and ive always loved his game....sad to see him gone so early (no homo) he coulda still had 4-5 effective years but his health is more important....

...get Ewing Jr.fitted for a jersey

New New York

Quiet Storm
great career, very consistent and always came to play his heart out(literally)...he was one of the good guys in the league and ive always loved his game....sad to see him gone so early (no homo) he coulda still had 4-5 effective years but his health is more important....

...get Ewing Jr.fitted for a jersey

Well put your highness! I was looking forward to seeing him play D for us and knocking down 3's.

Looks like lil Pat will be w/ our D League team for now, the good thing is that we can now go chase a gaurd, we can package our trade exception w/ Malik Rose to get a gaurd at around 10 million per, but I doubt Donnie is looking to add even that much to our bloated cap even if it comes off the books before 2010.

We can also trade a second round pick for Steve Francis, I have no idea what sought of shape he is in, or what his situation is, but, I would think he could out play Robertson.

Or go get my man Fred Jones!

I think between Donnie and Mike we'll be able to add a player to our roster that will be of some use. Really I think when Nate comes back we should be ok at the guard spot.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
That's sad, i know Mobley wouldve been one of my favorite players on this team for the next two years
I know Galli is coming back someday, I know our cap future is good, but this retirement makes me want some good news for these few months from Walsh

I really like how we are staying not far from playoffs, makes waiting for 2010 so much more fun. Mobley wouldve got us closer
Come on Walsh, get some decent guard to us, or bring in Brad Miller, the Kings would sell him for expiring contract and some change right now

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's sad, i know Mobley wouldve been one of my favorite players on this team for the next two years
I know Galli is coming back someday, I know our cap future is good, but this retirement makes me want some good news for these few months from Walsh

I really like how we are staying not far from playoffs, makes waiting for 2010 so much more fun. Mobley wouldve got us closer
Come on Walsh, get some decent guard to us, or bring in Brad Miller, the Kings would sell him for expiring contract and some change right now
I concur!!!!!!

There's no way Donnie can sting the Clips for potential prior knowledge is there?

I know they did us a favour but whatever.

Because this was a preexisting condition, Mobley's contract may not be insured for a heart ailment and the Knicks would have to pay his $18 million pact!!!!

Gay sauce.

roll out the red carpet for PEJ

woulda been nice to see Cutty play in a knicks uni, but now its all about gettin ewing jr out there and atleast on the bench

nyk_nyk

All Star
What's with the huge facination with PEJ? I think he would be a decent role player but people are making it seem like if we sign him he'll turn the franchise around. Not hating, just saying.

This is good and bad news. The good news is we have a roster spot to add some much needed depth to our backcourt. Ewing JR will probably have to wait untill we move Marbury. The bad news is that we basically traded Z-bo for Tim Thomas heads up. Im possitive we could have gotten a lot better for him, especially with how well he was doing before we traded him. Tim Thomas wasnt my favorite guy when he was here the first time, and when the trade was first reported I was only excited to see Mobley play.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What's with the huge facination with PEJ? I think he would be a decent role player but people are making it seem like if we sign him he'll turn the franchise around. Not hating, just saying.

Agreed. It's purely a PR signing for nostalgic reasons. The last thing we need is another SF to sit on the bench. We need a shot-blocking center and good shooters at the guard positions. I would like Ewing Jr to be on the team, but at what cost do we satisfy our memories of the past instead of addressing team needs?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Add two more million on to the 8 mill that Mobley left and sign D-Lee to a new contract.:beer:

Cat's salary is 9.1 + 9.8 till 2010

anyway, D-Lee isnt much better (if better at all) than tough do-it-all guys from winning teams like Anderson Varejao, Shane Battier or Linas Kleiza. He would probably be a backup in a team with Bosh.
I dont want to see us pay him more than these guys are usually payed, around midlevel.

10 mil average salary is for guys like Josh Smith, Danny Granger or Chris Kaman
Even guys like Josh Howard, Tayshaun Prince, Andris Biedrins arent getting 10 mil a year contracts

If D-Lee wants something around 6-6.5 mil a year, sign him, contending teams need guys like that. If he wants more, screw it, thats overpaying
Pack him with Curry for LaFrentz expiring contract and a young cheap guard, or whatever is available

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Cat mobley and Steve Francis are two of the biggest fags in all of sports. I am so glad I dont have to see his gay ass in a Knicks Jersey. Although I am not happy that he is having a Career ending injury.:boohoo:

Toons

is the Bo$$
knicks get 4.5 mil in the disabled player exeption rule to sign some one. dantoni is looking at pargo who is in germany