Nuggets looking to trade Kleiza

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he'snice and all but i wouldnt give up Lee or Nate to get him he would really help us with his shot off the bench him coming off the bench with Nate would be lethal

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
yeah Kleiza is a badass but dont trade LEE for him, im not in favor of that, i do like that proposed trade curry for Kleiza though. haha.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
the problem with Denver is that they dont have many contract to trade that arent their starters
so its hard to make a deal with them unless its three - way
Kleiza has too dam small contract lol

I think they would go for Curry+Lee for Kleiza (great for both i think), they arent saving cap space for 2010, but they just dont have short contracts to throw in to make it work :/

Edit - forgot about their short deals that became available for trading since December 15. Now its possible for them to trade Curry+Lee for Atkins+Kleiza+Steven Hunter + one of their 800k contracts

Last edited:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
one thing about Kleiza - he's looking for about 25 mil, 4 years deal after the season - which he is worth, but maybe not to a team with LeBron, since he would be LeBron's backup
He can get around 25 mil in Europe, with no taxes, so dont think he would go for much less

Kiyaman

Legend
Denver have to think that Donnie Walsh is the idiot of NBA Basketball after we gave them an all-around hustling player "Tazman Balkman" whom energy off the bench is more dominating than Kleiza or dum-dum Timmy Thomas.

I too, would've tried my luck again on Walsh to see if he would give me back change for $100 dollars when I only gave him $10 dollars the first time (2nd round pick).

Kleiza for Lee....now that is a BIG JOKE! inwhich Donnie Walsh trading potential invited such an offer to be offered to our organization.

Kleiza is a defenseless player that cant average 10 points a game from 8 to 10 shots this season. He supposed to be an offensive threat off the bench with J.R. Smith. PG-Billups might not be happy with Kleiza performance.
Hopefully, this trade rumor will make Kleiza work overtime on his offensive game to make up for his poor defense. Plus the Knicks dont need another one dimensional 6.8 SF, we have Q.Rich, Jefferies, Galinari, and Timmy Thomas at that position inwhich we need to get rid of.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Denver have to think that Donnie Walsh is the idiot of NBA Basketball after we gave them an all-around hustling player "Tazman Balkman" whom energy off the bench is more dominating than Kleiza

Kleiza is a defenseless player that cant average 10 points a game from 8 to 10 shots this season. He supposed to be an offensive threat off the bench with J.R. Smith. PG-Billups might not be happy with Kleiza performance.
Hopefully, this trade rumor will make Kleiza work overtime on his offensive game to make up for his poor defense. Plus the Knicks dont need another one dimensional 6.8 SF, we have Q.Rich, Jefferies, Galinari, and Timmy Thomas at that position inwhich we need to get rid of.

lol @ Balkman is better than Kleiza
Kleiza got skills and muscle, Balkman got athletism and energy. these players are so totally different, its funny to even compare them. they both hustle their butts off on the court, thats the only similar thing about them

Kleiza is no SF in our team, he's a 245 pounds all-muscle PF in D'Antoni's system. The guy was one of the top around the rim finishers last season. He's all about running, driving and drawing fouls near the rim. Hell knows why Karl is mostly using him to shoot from 3 in Denver. Karl is a pretty bad coach imo, he's lucky Billups came there and saved him from losing the job

Kleiza cant defend most starting SFs, but he's strong enough to push around most starting PFs.
Comparing him to a 208 pounds energy guy like Balkman is ridiculous :)

Now trading Lee for Kleiza straight up makes little sense, but if we can get rid of one bad contract on the way, that deal is more than good for us.

The only thing that worries me is his future in NY - the guy is pretty much same height and weight as LeBron, and would figure to be his backup. Not sure we could pay LeBron's backup the money that the other teams will throw at Kleiza this summer

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Balkamn > Klieza, Balkman is taking his minutes and role in denver.

It's just wrong.

Kleiza is playing 22.6 minutes instead of 23.9, but that mostly comes from K-Mart being healthier and playing more. Kleiza is actually used much more at SF than last year - he is pretty much reduced to perimeter forward in Karl's system now, almost half of his shots are coming from 3pt land this season (it used to be less than 1/3 in previous seasons)

He isn't used as a small ball PF nearly as much as before. which is kind of a shame, since that's where Kleiza was at his best

metrocard

Legend
Artest isn't crazy...Kleiza isn't really that good, Balkman is establishing himself in Denver, which is forcing Kleiza out of town.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
the only way Balkman is forcing Kleiza out of town is by not being able to shoot from 3.
which gives Karl another excuse to use Kleiza as their 3pt shooting guy off the bench
Balkman has more DNP-CDs than he has 23 min+ games, while Kleiza is averaging 23 min and playing in each. where are all these ideas about Balkman's establishment coming from

about Artest - fudge it, im gonna stay out of this one
guess we'll have to agree to disagree here

metrocard

Legend
Nah, Artest isn't crazy, only a hateful bias man would believe so. He's really a family guy and a great teammate.

Kleiza been playing for George Karl for years but still hasn't got a bigger role, Denver's experiment with Kleiza obviously failed, now they're looking to better things, like the Tazman.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Nah, Artest isn't crazy, only a hateful bias man would believe so. He's really a family guy and a great teammate.

Are u implying that crazy people dont love their families? Only a hateful biased man would believe so. U should be ashamed. Even a completely mentally disabled person is still a person, can love and be loved by their family and friends. If u think otherwise - better sort out your views buddy.

As far as im concerned, i wish Artest stays on track, that will make some team much more competative.
But that wont prevent me from saying that a 23 year old kid from Denver called JR Smith is a similar liability to Artest, and even much bigger. Which is exactly what im saying

Kleiza been playing for George Karl for years but still hasn't got a bigger role, Denver's experiment with Kleiza obviously failed, now they're looking to better things, like the Tazman.

Now about Kleiza - you mean he didnt get Carmelo Anthony's role? Ok lol.... a guy must totally suk, if he cant push Carmelo out of SF job.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
This deal was shot down by DOnnie Walsh because the Nuggets wanted David Lee straight up for Kleiza...not happening. We could use Lee in a better deal to get rid of a guy with some cap thats hurting us....hopefully Q Rich goes. This guy is an embarissment to this team.

Anybody watch him when they mic him up? He tries to be a leader on the team and then he misses shots and gets turnovers, he's horrible.