Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marburys best chance

Veteran

Default Marburys best chance

Jordan Farmar will probably have surgery for his injured knee. Phil Jackson is is looking for a PG with speed, Marbury is out in LA now. If I was Marbury, I would go to Walsh and tell him I will take 3-4 mill less for a release to play for the Lakers. But thats me, Mebury is such a d@@k he'll probably stick to his I won't take a penny less and sit on his ass.

If he behaves with them, that's a very dangerous team. So much firepower off the bench, with that frontcourt, they would for sure win a title. That would be very interesting to see. Doubt that it happens though.

Shouldn't threads like this go in the NBA section from now on? Doesn't really have much to do with the Knicks anymore...

KnicksonLIN.com

Nope. This thread is in the right section. Stephon Marbury is still a member of the Knicks. He's on the 15 man roster. It would be great if Marbury went to the Lakers. They really could win a championship, if they had an All Star point guard on their roster. Derek Fisher is a ballhog. Marbury would be a better fit for the Lakers.

Marbury, Jeffries, and the exception we get from Mobley for Odom and Fisher

maybe, i think the numbers could work out

Odom comes off the bench in LA now and his contract is up at the end of the year. He would give us a big man we need. Fisher can shoot and could come off the bench for us. His contract is up in 2010.

Veteran

Originally Posted by trueOrangeandBlue
    Marbury, Jeffries, and the exception we get from Mobley for Odom and Fisher

maybe, i think the numbers could work out

Odom comes off the bench in LA now and his contract is up at the end of the year. He would give us a big man we need. Fisher can shoot and could come off the bench for us. His contract is up in 2010.
    no trade involved. Marbury just asks for his release but he has to want to play more than he wants that 21M. He would be going to a WC team also so Walsh wouldn't have a problem with him going to a team that might beat them out of a playoff spot.

if u told me this a week ago i would have thought you were crzy, but the lakers have lost some games that they shudnt have, and a veteran talent like marbury would help as long as he can admit a lesser role, probably even a 6th man behind kobe or fisher. but yea he'd give that team a mentally tough veteran, and even more talent

I cant wait till the knicks buy him out they just need that roster spot.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    if u told me this a week ago i would have thought you were crzy, but the lakers have lost some games that they shudnt have, and a veteran talent like marbury would help as long as he can admit a lesser role, probably even a 6th man behind kobe or fisher. but yea he'd give that team a mentally tough veteran, and even more talent
    Cosign.

Marbury & Fisher at PG (veteranship) gives the Lakers the 5 point advantage in the league to win a Championship.

In Preseason Marbury seen a Winning Knick team this season (playoff material) and wanted to be apart of it....when he publically announced that he dont mind comming off the bench to get the win.
    Marbury, Nate, and Chandler were explosion comming off the bench.

Marbury comment of not excepting anything less does not mean anything, he just wanted to play his final season contract with the Knicks under the new system the team were playing under. But Dantoni threw a personal wrench in the mix.

Owner Dolan was not going to buyout Allan Houston even with the new "Houston Exception" rule. So what makes Fans and our new President think Dolan was going to let him buyout Marbury?

If Marbury would have excepted to play after the Crawful & Zach trade he too would've been traded before the trading deadline to some losing team like Sacremento Kings....only making Knick fans more confuse.

Under Dantoni's system Zach performance for the Knicks this season should not have been traded untill the 2009 offseason.... Crawful, Q.Richardson, Jefferies, and James was the main concern to trade.

I would take a few mil less in a release if top tier teams opened up the door for me to get a ring.

Or he can chill back and collect, Starbury is definitely in a nice position either way.

That's if the lakers do want him. They might not want the baggage, but then again Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches of all time! He would definitely help them. It would be funny if he did go and faced Garnett in the Finals. He should take less money, earn his only shot @ a title, and get as far away from nYC as possible for now.

Starbury doesn't have baggage, that's just the media hyping up the negativity.

Smart coach's can look past that and add a very productive player to their squad.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Akamu
    I would take a few mil less in a release if top tier teams opened up the door for me to get a ring.

Or he can chill back and collect, Starbury is definitely in a nice position either way.

Later for Walsh....Dolan is not going to buyout Marbury for even $10M!!!!!

Jerome James is $12M....and Dolan is not buying him out.... if Walsh cant trade him then he stays a Knick...

True, true. That's why Phil would handle it well and get the most out of Marbs. Marbs being coached by a legend, could be sick!

I finally think that Starburians and Anit-Stephs can finally agree....

If Lakers are willing Steph should take a buyout to go play in LA....

Donnie should give it too him on Jan 1st for 2 mil less than his contract....

This pleases everyone.....especially since Knicks suck again and have zero shot at the playoffs....

By the way the Lakers Defensive has sucked lately.,

and Rondo is the real deal., him and harris should make the all-star game

Originally Posted by Akamu
    Starbury doesn't have baggage, that's just the media hyping up the negativity.