Bell and Diaw to Knicks?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I've heard the possibility of Curry and Lee for Bell and Diaw as well.

Diaw, Bell could be back on a D'Antoni roster
BY ALAN HAHN | [email protected]
December 16, 2008

PHOENIX - The Knicks were very much interested in acquiring both Raja Bell and Boris Diaw, but with Mike D'Antoni now in New York after a bitter divorce from the Suns, they were not going to come directly from Phoenix.

However, because the trade that sent Bell and Diaw to the Bobcats for Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley was done when it was, D'Antoni could be in position to acquire one or both of his former players before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.

A person with knowledge of the Suns-Bobcats trade said the deal was accomplished in time to allow both players to be trade-eligible by the deadline. NBA rules say traded players cannot be moved again for 60 days. The deal was done Dec. 10, which means they can be traded again Feb. 9.

Another source has said the Bobcats have maintained interest in Eddy Curry, who has yet to play this season because of a bone bruise in his left knee. The Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - could flip Curry for Diaw, who are close in salary. Diaw's deal goes a year longer than Curry's, but it would save the Knicks $2.2 million in cap space for 2010.

Bell makes $5 million this season and the Knicks do not have a reasonable match - unless the Bobcats are interested in sending another player (say, Sean May's $2.6-million expiring contract) to match Malik Rose's $7.6-million expiring deal.

metrocard

Legend
Awesome thread.

Make it happen Donnie.
Bell is one of the best 3pt shooters/perimeter defenders in the NBA, former all NBA defensive team, he's the SG we NEED.
Diaw is a triple double machine in D'Antoni's system, really dynamic player and is only like 25.

This would give us great depth so we won't have to see guys like Richardson, Jefferies and Rose so much.

PG - Duhon
SG - Bell
SF - Chandler
PF - Harrington
C - Lee

6th men
Diaw
Robinson

Nice dynamic squad.

Only old dude is Raja, and he's only 31; got 3-5 good more years left because he's a player who doesn't rely on athleticism.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Larry Brown is running the show now in Charlotte it seems
not sure he wants Curry for free
to give Raja Bell for him? no way. Larry loves that guy from Philly days

D-Lee would surely have to be involved for this to happen. but Lee+Curry for Diaw+Bell just doesnt seem a good deal for us
We lose one of our key trading chips and best players to free 2 mil in salary for 2010. nahh

Starks

Starter
I'm up for this. Hell lets sign Nash and Amare, and he have 40% of the past Suns team.

I don't think Brown has any interest in Curry and would prefer not to move Bell

New New York

Quiet Storm
Don't like this deal at all. Diaw has a longer contract than Curry plus it is guaranteed whereas Curry has the abiltity to opt out this year or even next. I love Diaw's versatility, but, he cant shoot from the floor nor the FT line so taking on a more lucrative contract that amounts to a better version of Jared Jefferies makes little sense to me.

I know we want to get as many players who can play in Dantoni's system, but this isnt a good deal for us. Not to mention we are now giving up our best rebounder and most reliable player in David Lee.

Final Verdict: I like both Bell and Diaw and they ofcourse would do well for us, but, this would affect our cap negatively as well as giving up a valuable chip like Lee. Plus Donnie Walsh pretty much said he wouldnt make deals like this when he first goe here when there was a rumor we were going to trade Steph for Barbosa and Diaw.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Diaw will be great off the bench with his versitality and scoring, and Bell will be a major plus to plug in at the starting 2 post because of his defense and superior 3 point shooting......

Don't like this deal at all. Diaw has a longer contract than Curry plus it is guaranteed whereas Curry has the abiltity to opt out this year or even next. I love Diaw's versatility, but, he cant shoot from the floor nor the FT line so taking on a more lucrative contract that amounts to a better version of Jared Jefferies makes little sense to me.

I know we want to get as many players who can play in Dantoni's system, but this isnt a good deal for us. Not to mention we are now giving up our best rebounder and most reliable player in David Lee.

Final Verdict: I like both Bell and Diaw and they ofcourse would do well for us, but, this would affect our cap negatively as well as giving up a valuable chip like Lee. Plus Donnie Walsh pretty much said he wouldnt make deals like this when he first goe here when there was a rumor we were going to trade Steph for Barbosa and Diaw.

I wasnt aware of his ability to opt out of his contract. You think if even when he gets healthy if D'antoni sticks it to him like he is Steph he would just leave town willingly. If thats the case we could use Lee to trade for something more valuable than justifying some team to take Curry from our hands.

I dont like this particular move because we want to free up significant space for 2010, not just a mere 2 mil. I would take a move for just Bell because he is older and his contract ends before 2010. He is the guard we need right now and we already know he fits into the system. If he plays well for us, resign him for cheapre seeing that he is older, if not let him go.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
What's the chance Curry can opt out? like 1 in a million i guess
he's got like 23 mil over next two years, he would hardly sign a 4 year deal worth that much if he opted out

Ewing

Benchwarmer
We need to realize that Lee is one of the most important players on this team, and still we lack inside guys, so if we send him to somewhere else, who's gonna play at center and defend guys like Howard? Tim Thomas? Al Harrington? Yeah, right...
Lee, in my opinion, is a franchise player.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
As long as we get to keep LEE

and as long as we can trade Curry straight up for Diaw, and Rose straight up for bell and may if we have to take him too.

That would be a miracle to dump both curry and rose, then all we have is james, but were kinda stuck with him.

New New York

Quiet Storm
What's the chance Curry can opt out? like 1 in a million i guess
he's got like 23 mil over next two years, he would hardly sign a 4 year deal worth that much if he opted out

About as likely that he opt out of a lifetime gauranteed contract from Chicago to escape a coach that demanded he stay in shape and rebound!

Unfortunetly You just cant put a price on Curry's laziness my man!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
About as likely that he opt out of a lifetime gauranteed contract from Chicago to escape a coach that demanded he stay in shape and rebound!

Unfortunetly You just cant put a price on Curry's laziness my man!

he is probably the laziest motherfu(ker i ever seen even his coaches know it

one of his former coaches was talking about him and he was asked what Curry needs to do to get ore rebouds he simply replied "jump"

what a waste of talent...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
This would be an awsome trade, diaw and bell love dantoni and will thrive in the system again and will make the knicks a better team.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
We need to realize that Lee is one of the most important players on this team, and still we lack inside guys, so if we send him to somewhere else, who's gonna play at center and defend guys like Howard? Tim Thomas? Al Harrington? Yeah, right...
Lee, in my opinion, is a franchise player.

Thank you Thank you atleast somebody on here gets it and knows what Lee can do for this team in the future.He is a franchise player and it would be STUPID to trade a guy like him off to anybody.Call me crazy but if the Knicks are going to trade a young player away then I would rather trade Chandler b/c Lee brings more and does more for the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thank you Thank you atleast somebody on here gets it and knows what Lee can do for this team in the future.He is a franchise player and it would be STUPID to trade a guy like him off to anybody.Call me crazy but if the Knicks are going to trade a young player away then I would rather trade Chandler b/c Lee brings more and does more for the Knicks.
I'm with you on that one. Lee is our best player I think.

Curry for Bell or nothing. Let's keep Chandler's minutes up and forget Diaw. Mikey D is a fan though I hear. Still, Lee's current role outshines anything Diaw could possibly achieve here. For Now.