Game #25: Knicks @ Lakers Tonight @ 10:30PM

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks (11-13) vs Los Angeles Lakers (20-3)

Game-Thread-Suns-1.jpg

Both teams can score. Lakers are above average defensively when they want to be, but i dont expect them to play much defense tonight. Its gonna be who can score more. I got the Lakers winning by 10 or more.

Sorry for the below average game thread, Im real busy with school and other stuff this week.

Akamu

The King
Dang this thread is gravy, naw I get you, it's kool you usually come thru, jus toss up the two sides and your good-

JayJ44

Starter
If we shoot really well, we might be able to pull an upset. The Lakers usually don't play hard against below average teams. Even so, I highly doubt we can pull this one out. Hopefully it will be close, probaby will be since they probably won't bother to play much defense.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hope our defensive effort from yesterday carries over to tonights game and we cant afford to shoot the same way we shot last night Harrington will be fine-he's been great since he's come here and has shown he's 10 times better then No.11......and Nate will play energy and spark us up everytime he's in the game as he always does and proves to be one of our most important players, Chandler has his game in control now he'l have a nice bounce-back game after fouling out last night and Lee will get yet another double-double....the game will count on who else provides offense for us off the bench....i just want us to play D like last night

I think we win ..... if we continue to play good D. We can't shoot that poorly from behind the arc two nights in a row right? and anytime you score 100+ a game you have a shot :)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hope i find time to watch this game i got alot of studying to do got finals tomorrow.....mad stressful

we just gotta play defense and hit our shots

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
i hope i find time to watch this game i got alot of studying to do got finals tomorrow.....mad stressful

we just gotta play defense and hit our shots

Ah, I remember those days. Good luck to everyone taking finals this week. Don't forget to bring your cheat sheets. Lol.
As for our knicks, I don't see them winning this game. Lakers are a complete team who will definitely give us problems all 4 quarters. We're gonna have to shoot 40 to 50 percent from downtown for us to have a chance at keeping it close.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Ah, I remember those days. Good luck to everyone taking finals this week. Don't forget to bring your cheat sheets. Lol.
As for our knicks, I don't see them winning this game. Lakers are a complete team who will definitely give us problems all 4 quarters. We're gonna have to shoot 40 to 50 percent from downtown for us to have a chance at keeping it close.

loll thanks, finals 2morow and a paper to do by thursday...sounds like fun lmao....2 more years of this shit and im done:beer:

and this game is just too tough they just too good of a team for us, i would be happy if we dont get blown out just want us to play d like last night and knock down shots and we'll be fine.....

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm in a chatroom full of Lakers fans and they all crying about the 15 pt lead and complaining about their team, then they go on a run and they talking like they're the greatest team ever...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
the knicks are officially able to compete with anyone in the league if they are playing well, they didn't even play as best the can tonight either; still they were close with one of the best teams in the league. given they were with out pau, we still played them to the wire. Much respect.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
this was a great game, a heart-breaking loss to the knicks, but this game proved to me that the knicks can hang tough with the elite teams in the NBA. Robinson had a terrific game, its too bad we blew another big lead, we were up 15 at halftime.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Had Harrington played his usual game of late i think we would have won this game. although that dunk he had was sick, dunked it so hard he feel to the floor haha

metrocard

Legend
Be proud Knick fans.
The Isiah nightmare is officially over.
We have a team that can compete.
Compete with good run n gun fundamental basketball.
Compete with the best.
We have hope.
We have an identity.
We have opportunity.
We could look into the future and smile.

Win or Lose? Who cares.
As we the Knicks providing competitive entertaining basketball and not be bearable to watch(Crawford 19 second headless chicken isolation play or the move the **** outta of the way Curry offensive turnover post move baby lay up) we could be in joy.

We'll get a great draft pick
or make the playoffs
either way, life is good.

Lakers are the best team in the NBA and we gave them a Rocky type fight. We didn't win, but still we could be proud.

I'm proud of this team, I haven't been proud of how D'Antoni has acted as a professional, but the man can coach on the court. You can't question his substitution patterns and his strategy. He gets it done.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! I fell asleep waiting on this late night game....but after reading the game thread and checking the stat-sheet the Knicks look like they were hanging with the Lakers throughout the first three quarters.
The 7-man rotation is not going to pull a close crunchtime win over a team that has Kobe for their first option and Odom for the second option.
I would've LUV to see Wilson Chandler defending Kobe (Damn!)....that is great experience for Chandler b/c every NBA player copy one of the million moves Kobe has.

I still believe we should've LOCKED-UP "Dave Debusher Lee and Nasty Nate" with an extension at the start of the season.
Both players have a tight history of chemistry on this team where they play BIG against top competition.

Dantoni is making Isiah look real bad by giving the Knicks young-players playingtime and the chance to make decison-making-decisions together while on the court at the same time.

Lakers Fisher & Odom seem to be holding this Laker-Team together for another visit to the FINALS...

GetRealistic

Starter
This isn't a knock on Nate Robinson at all because he played a great game and has had a great season. But the difference in the game is that late in the game the Lakers have Kobe to feature and the Knicks don't really have that go to player. I find this team fun to watch and they battle (not counting Tim Thomas) every night. But its painfully obvious that they are missing a star/ go to player. The NBA is driven by star players and thats what the Knicks need. Put a top ten player on this team right now and we are battling into the second rd of the playoffs.

So i'll say it yet again the trades made by Donnie Walsh have made us better in the present and wi'll surely make us better in the future.

As the season goes along were going to learn how to pull out some of these close games and once we get that together we will be a dangerous team. We obviously can't compete with the Celtics or Cavs but i believe this team could make the playoffs and give teams problems (like last years Hawks).

richtree

Rotation player
lets be clear here...it is a positive that we are improving and have hope....playing better....

but there were a few negatives in this game..

firstly nate nor anyone else can score late in the game...

MikeD hasn't shown he knows when to substitute and call time out in order to stop big runs by the other team...

He doesn't run plays to exploit mis-matches late in game ( when it becomes more of a half court style....

Bottom line we played ok early in the game ...then we lakers turned up their defense, we folded and MIkey D did nothing to help...

our defense has awful in the 4th quarter....and we were weak with the ball....

I think Mikey D's style is good for Knicks ....but his "in game " coaching is lacking, and slow......

pay attention to how many buckets we give up at the start of quarters or after time outs....

why is mikeyD letting al harrington try to drive to the whole late in the game....he has to become of coach in the last 6 mins of games....

for a man who is very critical of his players he must accept to change alil to become a better coach..

ATTitude reflect leadership ----- and he needs to understand we have to win these games ( all of them) seems like he is just trying and not doing!

I know were are all just waiting for 2010 but lets do better now