Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game #25: Knicks @ Lakers Tonight @ 10:30PM

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    smh @ whoever snitched and told knicks4life that i jacked their thread

What a difference a real coach makes. We look like a team, we are a team. Were competitive everynight even as an undersized team with no low post defensive presence, and only 7 players. Im not the biggest fan of D'antoni as a person, I think hes a jerk and alotta that is from things i heard he did in phoenix too. But i give him his props, hes an offensive mastermind. He has a great ability to get the most out of players.

Who saw Wilson chandler block kobe in the 1st half? He must have felt good after blockin last years mvp. Now he can say hes rejected last years defensive player of the year and mvp. Hes gotta get a block on garnett during the season for it to really count though. He'll have his chance on sunday.
    thats ****ed up....what happened they banned u or something?

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    thats ****ed up....what happened they banned u or something?
    no, they deleted the image that i stole from their site. It was probably someone who posts on both sites that snitched on me, im lookin into that right now.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

wow thats mad gay hope u find that dude loll

So MSG other then him not playing your favorite player Marbury what makes you not like him as a person? D'Antoni made it known that he didn't want Steph around and that he wasn't going to play him.. I would say thats pretty upfront. If you got beef maybe its with Walsh but then again it all dates back to past transgressions and even great players run out of second chances?

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    So MSG other then him not playing your favorite player Marbury what makes you not like him as a person? D'Antoni made it known that he didn't want Steph around and that he wasn't going to play him.. I would say thats pretty upfront. If you got beef maybe its with Walsh but then again it all dates back to past transgressions and even great players run out of second chances?
    He swore at us knicks fans back in preseason. He looks like an uptight liar. I didnt like him that much when he was coachin the suns, i thought he complained about stupid things.

D'antoni got upset because phil jackson called a time out when the lakers were up by 30 points.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Late last season, his fifth as Suns coach, Mike D'Antoni took on fans who had turned on his team when it struggled following Shaquille O'Neal's acquisition.

"Let 'em jump off the bandwagon," he said defiantly. "We've got plenty of fans who want to jump on."

People within the organization and numerous season-ticket holders (many of whom I've known for decades) were deeply offended by his condescension. It was a clear first sign the pressure of unfilled great expectations had gotten to D'Antoni.
    I think D'antoni has some emotional problems, he doesnt demonstrate self control.

I probably should not have answered this question, hes doing a great job with our offense. I believe the only reason why you asked me this was so you could see me say "because starburys not playing." Sorry you didnt get your wish, maybe next time kiddo

Originally Posted by richtree
    firstly nate nor anyone else can score late in the game...

Did you watch the game? they knocked down shot after shot down the stretch, especially Nate with a clutch 3...did they make the very last shot for the win? no. would they have won had they not been playing against one of the only teams tht can make shots like they did with kobe - yes.

He doesn't run plays to exploit mis-matches late in game ( when it becomes more of a half court style....
    mismatches? what mismatches do the knicks have on the lakers. the fact that were even relatively competing with the massive mismatch we have each night in size with Lee is special in it self.

Bottom line we played ok early in the game ...then we lakers turned up their defense, we folded and MIkey D did nothing to help...
    Folded? we play 'okay'? you musta been watching a different game then me. they not only showed more heart in this game then anyother game in a very long time, they competed with with a team with one of the best records ever. gimme a break. no team does that playin 'okay' and not getting help from the coach.

why is mikeyD letting al harrington try to drive to the whole late in the game....he has to become of coach in the last 6 mins of games....
    if you didn't see, harrington was the player of the week last week. who the hell else would you want getting the ball down the stretch? duhon? lee? they your go to guys?

for a man who is very critical of his players he must accept to change alil to become a better coach..

ATTitude reflect leadership ----- and he needs to understand we have to win these games ( all of them) seems like he is just trying and not doing!

I know were are all just waiting for 2010 but lets do better now
    if i were to guess i'd say your just another one of those guy who didn't like dantoni from the get go and no matter what will conjure up anything to try to validate their dislike . there's no way you can critize dantoni for all that he has done thus far is been massively positive for the knicks. are you seriously telling dantoni to become a better coach when the knicks, who were god awful last yr, who would have been blown out by 50 pts to the lakers this time last yr, or that he is doing a poor or even mediocre job? this baffles me.

moving on.

I haven't watched a game like that, on the edge of my seat, between the knicks and a great team like the lakers in a long time. It reminded me of some spurs lakers game the way it came down to the wire. Knicks fans as someone said early, should be very proud.
    Last edited by Knicker23; Dec 17, 2008 at 15:22.

I was watching the game on the MSG channel, and they decided to lose their feed arond the 2:00-3:00 minute mark. I saw what happened on the NBA tv post game, and it was a heartbreaker. Kobe took over late in the game, and there was really nothing we could do. We played fantastic, and pushed the best team in the league to their limits. Considering the difference in talent, we really couldn't have asked for more. D'antoni is the best coach we've had in a long time, we're competing every night because of him. The players have also bought into his system greatly, so I'm very happy about where this team is going.