Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Delphino to Knicks?

  1. #1
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Delfino to Knicks?

    Will Knicks Make A Play For Delfino?

    The Knicks could make a play for 6-6 shooting guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who is playing in Russia and technically still is property of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The Knicks could sign Delfino to an offer sheet and hope the Raptors don't match. -- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    I say another shooter, especially one 6'6" can only help in this system. Thoughts?
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Dec 24, 2008 at 13:18.

  2. #2
    Member Ewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    He's a solid player, who can put some good numbers on offense and his defense is very good too.
    He could help us no doubt.

  3. #3
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He should be great for us, great feet movement on defence, nice 3pt shooting on offence even if streaky, nice ball handling.

    Do we have $ for him though?
    He's got ~13.5 mil $ over 3 years deal in Russia, with all taxes covered. He may like security of the NBA more during this economic crysis, but not sure if he'd sign for Mobley's exception till 2010 - that's huge paycut for him.

  4. #4
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    not a bad pickup do it Walsh....

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Carlos Delfino's aiight. I wouldn't mind signing him. He doesn't deserve any more than a 2 year contract, though.

  6. #6
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    If price is right ....ok.....

  7. #7
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    nope, no more offesive softies

  8. #8
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    nope, no more offesive softies
    huh did u just read he's in Europe and decided he's 'offensive softie'?
    lol u should study players before saying stuff like that
    Check Toronto games in torrents or something
    Delfino is a defence-first player, offence being less consistent part of his game

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dont you guys think we are too stacked at that position already? I mean if we get Delphino who is what 6'6 thats gonna take time away from Chandler. We already got Harrington, Chandler, Q and Danilo when he comes back all playing the SF position....I guess he can play SG but he played SF when he was in Toronto...

  10. #10
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by rollingstone
    huh did u just read he's in Europe and decided he's 'offensive softie'?
    lol u should study players before saying stuff like that
    Check Toronto games in torrents or something
    Delfino is a defence-first player, offence being less consistent part of his game

    LMAO, u callin me out on my ball knowledge?
    oh wow, you know about carlos delfino...some scrub playing in europe. i bet ur his cousin. who cares about him? without this internet and trade rumors these guys would be nothing. How about we research someone worth it, try to get nenad kristic or something. Why the hell do we need a sf?? who cares if he's a guard, he's a gurad on a team where the coach had boris diaw at center and who talks of puttin lee and chandler and gallo at center. he is just as tall as q.rich, with less of a shot. Dont think that dantoni can pull a duhon on delfino.


    and i KNOW he's a softie from watching him in detroit mr. basketball guru.....obviously ur only watchin him in toronto when he had a career year with what? a 3 rebound average? wat? around 7 points or something? correct me if im wrong.


    listen here, carlos delfino is a SOFTIE!
    why the hell r u even defending delfino? he sucks.
    if he had any skill defending, he wud still be here. there is always a place for a defensive presence in the nba


    we dont need him,


    point blank.....we just dont need him

  11. #11
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by mugili716
    Dont you guys think we are too stacked at that position already? I mean if we get Delphino who is what 6'6 thats gonna take time away from Chandler. We already got Harrington, Chandler, Q and Danilo when he comes back all playing the SF position....I guess he can play SG but he played SF when he was in Toronto...
    some boneheaded knick fans dont understand this. There is only one way we can go after another forward, and that is through trading forwards. now our problem is that our forwards have hefty contracts....from malik rose to jarred jefferies. what compounds the problem is that our forwards arent stacked with talent, so teams arent looking to downgrade, add slaray, and take a talent blow simultaneously.

  12. #12
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    LMAO, u callin me out on my ball knowledge?
    oh wow, you know about carlos delfino...some scrub playing in europe. i bet ur his cousin. who cares about him? without this internet and trade rumors these guys would be nothing. How about we research someone worth it, try to get nenad kristic or something. Why the hell do we need a sf?? who cares if he's a guard, he's a gurad on a team where the coach had boris diaw at center and who talks of puttin lee and chandler and gallo at center. he is just as tall as q.rich, with less of a shot. Dont think that dantoni can pull a duhon on delfino.


    and i KNOW he's a softie from watching him in detroit mr. basketball guru.....obviously ur only watchin him in toronto when he had a career year with what? a 3 rebound average? wat? around 7 points or something? correct me if im wrong.


    listen here, carlos delfino is a SOFTIE!
    why the hell r u even defending delfino? he sucks.
    if he had any skill defending, he wud still be here. there is always a place for a defensive presence in the nba


    we dont need him,


    point blank.....we just dont need him
    Yea, i'm calling u out on your "basketball knowledge" lol, cause u sure aint showing it
    1. He has played SG most of his career, not SF.
    2. The guy was sidelined by injury or recovering from it first two years in Detroit, and had a significant bench role in 3rd season, for a pretty good team i must say. U call him a scrub? lol at your "basketball knowledge"
    3. What's wrong with judging him based on his last year in NBA? What, u judge players based on their injury years? Very smart lol
    4. If u did your 'research' instead of trying to impress everyone with empty barking, u'd know the guy went to Europe because his salary there is higher than any except 3 players in Toronto.
    5. Nenad Krstic is off the market and going to OKC. Ohh u didnt know that either? Lol impressive for a guy so sure in his "basketball knowledge"
    6. Wash that sand out off your vagina Toons. It makes you very irritable and annoying.
    Last edited by rollingstone; Dec 25, 2008 at 08:20.

  13. #13
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Stats

    FG % 40
    APG 1.2
    PPG 5.8
    MPG 17.1
    3P% 35%
    = Another body

    This is not a long term solution! He's no better than anyone we have. We need a solid big man (not a converted sf/pf tweeny) [not to say this guy is a sf/pf] who can actually play D in order to compete consistently!

    Find someone who can play D and all of a sudden D'Antoni thinks they can match up in the post with the leagues big men, its not reality.

    D'Antonis' style is great, offense moves the ball etc...but if he hasn't learned the importance of playing D and a big man what are we really saying....?

    That its o.k. to watch and root for the Knicks because after being so bad for so long ANYTHING is better than what we had. When in reality we should be embarrassed that we had the highest (or one of the) scoring team in the league and still lost games! Not Acceptable!

  14. #14
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    FG % 40
    APG 1.2
    PPG 5.8
    MPG 17.1
    3P% 35%
    = Another body

    This is not a long term solution! He's no better than anyone we have.
    This is all true, but 1) we dont need long term solution, just a quality guard who can defend and shoot 3s till 2010. I'd love a good big guy like Brad Miller even more, but hey, good big guys dont grow on trees in the mid season.

    And 2) those are career numbers, which include 2 years he played on one knee in Detroit. Sure we can point them out, but do they really say us anything? A SG sucked playing with knee injury - not something unusual, is it?

    Last season in NBA is 0.382 from 3s, 9 pt, 4.4 reb, 1.8 dime per ~24 min, and solid defence against SGs/SFs.

    He's a good pickup, would give us toughness and defence in the backcourt. As long as he accepts much lower salary than in Europe to play for us.

  15. #15
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by rollingstone
    He should be great for us, great feet movement on defence, nice 3pt shooting on offence even if streaky, nice ball handling.

    Do we have $ for him though?
    He's got ~13.5 mil $ over 3 years deal in Russia, with all taxes covered. He may like security of the NBA more during this economic crysis, but not sure if he'd sign for Mobley's exception till 2010 - that's huge paycut for him.
    Yea but this is the storied franchise of the NY Knicks. Players can't put a price on that type of allure.

Similar Threads

  1. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  2. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  3. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 16:59
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 08:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •