Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: PS3 vs 360

  1. #1
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default PS3 vs 360

    im surprised no1 has gotten every1 opinion on this. basically which system do you got, and which one do you think is better. i got a 360, but i think the ps3 is beta, it was to expensive to buy at the time. and now there are some nice games comin out for the ps3 (resistance 2, lbp, mgs4, killzone 2 etc) so ur guys thoughts?

  2. #2
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    PS3 is 10x better then Xbox360....Xbox has way too many problems (3 rings of death) and the Ps3 has better games....MGS4 was a classic i played every game in the series and this one was second to the original.....its great the features are great and the game play and and even the interaction is better its great to the end....

  3. #3
    Member SpursFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    PS3 is 10x better then Xbox360....Xbox has way too many problems (3 rings of death) and the Ps3 has better games....MGS4 was a classic i played every game in the series and this one was second to the original.....its great the features are great and the game play and and even the interaction is better its great to the end....
    Maybe but PS3 is more expensive as the OP said. Also, I'm not sure if PS3 will ever have the Netflix capability, which 360 does and from what I hear, is awesome.

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Exclamation I have both system and let me break it down

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    im surprised no1 has gotten every1 opinion on this. basically which system do you got, and which one do you think is better. i got a 360, but i think the ps3 is beta, it was to expensive to buy at the time. and now there are some nice games comin out for the ps3 (resistance 2, lbp, mgs4, killzone 2 etc) so ur guys thoughts?

    Playstation 3 potentially might turn out better in the long run. Sony just started up slow with the games and graphics because most of their games can't play to the full amount of graphics like XBOX 360 can. Ps3 can have better graphics than the 360 but it might take a couple months for a fantastic looking game to come out for it. XBOX360 has a wider variety of games but you have to pay for XBOX Live were PlayStation Network is free. More people are on XBOX Live though and there are many downloads you can do and customize your entire system. You choose...and if you have an HDTV...XBOX360 games play on every setting for your TV whether its 720P, 1080i,1080p, and now there is HDMI for XBOX 360 which improves the graphics as well. PlayStation games, most right now, play on 720p except for NBA Live 08. That's worse graphics but less chance of the disk skipping or freezes.

    Right now XBOX360 is better in every way just that potentially Play Station 3 will be a better system because of the size of it. There are 4 processors in it which is like having the capability of 4 computers into 1 system.

    If Sony starts making games that take up that much energy and memory, then you will start seeing realistic looking games that have the best graphics ever for a game.

    Play Station 3 also plays blue ray movies which is the best extra thing they can have on it. Blue Ray looks amazing and XBOX 360 doesnt have any more HDTV movies because they stopped making HD movies for it where Blue Ray will stay with Playstation 3 for a while and play all their movies very easily.

    XBOX360 however lets you stream movies from your Netflix account onto the XBOX360 so u can set the movies on your instant que from the computer and watch it on a big screen, even HD on your TV.

  5. #5
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    PS3 is 10x better then Xbox360....Xbox has way too many problems (3 rings of death) and the Ps3 has better games....MGS4 was a classic i played every game in the series and this one was second to the original.....its great the features are great and the game play and and even the interaction is better its great to the end....
    lol better games? lol xbox 360 has more better rated games if anything thats all ps3 is missing...good games yea mgs 4 was great and i have played it liquid and snake fight EPIC but ps3 is just a over priced system with features most people wont even use and i played ps3 online...its horrible -_- not that it lagged but ITS SO DEAD because some reason no one cares to buy a headset i was playing call of duty and only one person had a headset -_- ONE in xbox live yo you say what up youll get like 20 responses back i give one thing to ps3 though 2009 is going to be its year hopefully they can make the best of it cause right now xbox and the WII -_- are beating it in sales

  6. #6
    Member SpursFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    XBOX Live Silver is Free. Gold costs money.

  7. #7
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by thekidd13
    lol better games? lol xbox 360 has more better rated games if anything thats all ps3 is missing...good games yea mgs 4 was great and i have played it liquid and snake fight EPIC but ps3 is just a over priced system with features most people wont even use and i played ps3 online...its horrible -_- not that it lagged but ITS SO DEAD because some reason no one cares to buy a headset i was playing call of duty and only one person had a headset -_- ONE in xbox live yo you say what up youll get like 20 responses back i give one thing to ps3 though 2009 is going to be its year hopefully they can make the best of it cause right now xbox and the WII -_- are beating it in sales
    yea but im not that kinda gamer that plays halo and stuff like that the games i like are on PS like metal Gear Solid 4 and Gta 4 is much better on PS3 then on xbox....and ive been a sony supporter for a while, also not many technical problems with PS3's as there are on xbox...the 3 rings thing scared the **** outta me....andi got a Wii as a gift from my uncle and its sick and fun...baseball (mlb 2k9) on it is the bomb...

  8. #8
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    yea but im not that kinda gamer that plays halo and stuff like that the games i like are on PS like metal Gear Solid 4 and Gta 4 is much better on PS3 then on xbox....and ive been a sony supporter for a while, also not many technical problems with PS3's as there are on xbox...the 3 rings thing scared the **** outta me....andi got a Wii as a gift from my uncle and its sick and fun...baseball (mlb 2k9) on it is the bomb...
    lol wii is always fun even wii sports lol and Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game probably ever i give that to ps3 but i think it might be coming out for 360 not sure but probably is seeing how one of our best games bioshock is now available for the ps3 and one thing i forgot to say ressistance 2 is just a rip off gears of war and 3 ring of death...sucks not much i can say to defend the xbox in that one simple ways not to get it though dont have it sorrounded by alot of other stuff and now you can rip your game into your harddrive if you do that i heard you dont get red ring so if you have a xbox and have memory to spare rip the game you play the most into your hardrive and youll be alright and look put it like this if you want a system you just want to be able to enjoy your movies you know and beat some games when you have time then get a ps3 but if you want a system where its more about online and bustins your friends ass in call of duty or halo xbox is for you comes cheaper and you wont get off of live and plus headset comes with the system BUT you will probably go into some games where you hear 9 year olds saying racial slurs and saying stuff about your mom and then say there 27 -_-

  9. #9
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by thekidd13
    lol wii is always fun even wii sports lol and Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game probably ever i give that to ps3 but i think it might be coming out for 360 not sure but probably is seeing how one of our best games bioshock is now available for the ps3 and one thing i forgot to say ressistance 2 is just a rip off gears of war and 3 ring of death...sucks not much i can say to defend the xbox in that one simple ways not to get it though dont have it sorrounded by alot of other stuff and now you can rip your game into your harddrive if you do that i heard you dont get red ring so if you have a xbox and have memory to spare rip the game you play the most into your hardrive and youll be alright and look put it like this if you want a system you just want to be able to enjoy your movies you know and beat some games when you have time then get a ps3 but if you want a system where its more about online and bustins your friends ass in call of duty or halo xbox is for you comes cheaper and you wont get off of live and plus headset comes with the system BUT you will probably go into some games where you hear 9 year olds saying racial slurs and saying stuff about your mom and then say there 27 -_-
    LMAOOOOOO

    yea the wii sports is pretty cool me and my cousin all created characters and played as oursleves in th ebaseball thing it was pretty cool.....even if they do come out with MGS4 on Xbox it wont be the same same thing i felt with GTA when i came out on Xbox and Saints Row when it came out on PS3....im just waiting for PS3 to come out with more games......thats the only knock on it

    i wanna get the new Call of Duty and play that online its looks pretty cool...and GTA 4 online is fun if u have alot of people to play...you could do missions,do drive bys start random fights etc lots of fun

  10. #10
    Member trueOrangeandBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I dont play to many games. I try to keep it to madden, 2k9, fight night, the show. Mostly sports stuff. The only game besides the sports one I play religiously.... Halo. Wich is only on what..... XBOX 360.

    Only thing ps3 trumps xbox on is the blu ray imo.

  11. #11
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by trueOrangeandBlue
    I dont play to many games. I try to keep it to madden, 2k9, fight night, the show. Mostly sports stuff. The only game besides the sports one I play religiously.... Halo. Wich is only on what..... XBOX 360.

    Only thing ps3 trumps xbox on is the blu ray imo.
    ....madden is mad fun though(cowboys!!!!)...and fight night is really good i got the old one, wanna get the new one

  12. #12
    Member SpursFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I think blu-ray is gonna become a dead format in the next 10 years. A bunch of different companies are supposed to be coming out with receiver boxes that allow you to buy and/or rent HD movies without leaving your house. While hard copies will never die out, I'm not sure how the cost of producing blu-rays will allow it to continue as a viable format.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    I think blu-ray is gonna become a dead format in the next 10 years. A bunch of different companies are supposed to be coming out with receiver boxes that allow you to buy and/or rent HD movies without leaving your house. While hard copies will never die out, I'm not sure how the cost of producing blu-rays will allow it to continue as a viable format.
    Blue Ray is bigger than u think...they have like a multi year contract with Sony or something like that and they have no competition when it comes to making HD Movies because their competition just went bankrupt a few years ago.

  14. #14
    Member SpursFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Blue Ray is bigger than u think...they have like a multi year contract with Sony or something like that and they have no competition when it comes to making HD Movies because their competition just went bankrupt a few years ago.
    No I know. It's just people are gonna stop paying premiums for hard copies when they can buy the HD movie and have it right on a hard drive connected to their TV. And as far as I know Sony is Blu-Ray. What contract are you talking about? I think Sony decides when/if you pull the plug.

  15. #15
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    im predictin tht killzone 2 (comin out exclusively for da ps3 in feburary) will be epic. ive seen a couple trailers and the game seems unreal. if it lives up to its massive hype, sony will officially have its "halo" killer or soon might have to be a "gears of war" killer lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •