N8 the GR8 is opening eyes

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix185969419dec18,0,2111066.story

"What he (Kobe) could involve himself in is pushing the Lakers to pursue pending restricted free agent Nate Robinson, who has quickly gained status this season. James has already expressed his appreciation for the 5-9 Robinson, as have Steve Nash, Shaquille O'Neal and others"

"I love the little fella, man, I do," Bryant said. "He just had a fantastic game. He's been playing well. He had a great game the last game [in Phoenix]. I have nothing but respect for him."

I love this guy as well. Holding it down for the short guy. I for one dont want to see him playing anywere but for us. Thats my personal feeling. (you can tell he is my fav knick right now, sig, av). That still doesnt have me turning a blind eye to the fact that many people are realizing what a dynamic player he is. He is a restricted FA at the end of the year. If we dont resign him before that point he goes out onto the market and we can match any offer he recieves. But if this does happen someone is going to offer him a lot more money than what we wanted to spend on him... and with us having a budgit untill 2010 do you think they will show him the love.... I dont know. I really want the knicks to sign this guy up now before he blows up...

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea, definitely. He just brings so much energy and enthusiasm to the knicks. We need those intangibles to become succesful and become a championship team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im very happy to see Nate getting the respect he deserves. He works very hard in the offseason, during the season, in practice, and in games. Its definitely payed off for him. Hes an incredible athlete but its not just that, hes got skills and hes got the will to go after rebounds. For a player at his height, I dont think its possible to be much better then he is. Hes also stepped up his defense this year.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
"What he (Kobe) could involve himself in is pushing the Lakers to pursue pending restricted free agent Nate Robinson, who has quickly gained status this season. James has already expressed his appreciation for the 5-9 Robinson, as have Steve Nash, Shaquille O'Neal and others"

"I love the little fella, man, I do," Bryant said. "He just had a fantastic game. He's been playing well. He had a great game the last game [in Phoenix]. I have nothing but respect for him."

lol dont know about u guys, but those quotes made me think '+1 mil, +1 mil, +1mil, +1mil' with every sentence and big name mentioned

lil Nate is really riding towards big money these days
love the guy, but i get a feeling he's heading towards a too-expensive territory

Scribbles

Rotation player
I think we should lock him up to a 2 year deal worth as much as he wants.

And Donnie needs to do it now before his value goes up this season.

If we give him what he wants he might just accept a 2 year deal considering what the Knicks agenda is for 2010.

If he's looking for a max 5/6 yr contract - he might not be around next year, unfortunately...

Nate is awesome but Duhon is also lightening this season. He's surprised me. Du reminds me of Eric Snow so much...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
a two year deal would end in 2011

but since he's restricted after this year (i think?), maybe we could sign him to a one year deal like Ben Gordon has, if he asks too much

Chief rocka

Rookie
knicks should sacrifice some payroll room for robinson

I just can't see Robinson settling for a 2 year deal giving the potential that he is displaying this year. I know that the knicks are dead set on clearing as much cap room as possible for 2010, but maybe they should also acknowledge the great deal Robinson could give them now by locking him into a long term contract. Just because the knicks are looking to the future, doesn't mean that they can't start investing now. From what I have seen so far I see no reason that Robinson can't be a very productive starter for the knicks, even with a more star studded team around him. Also lets not forget that in 2 years the obscene contracts required to land a huge star, will get even larger than they are right now. Might as well give them a little more incentive + cash to sign in NYC.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
dunno, i have to see more before i believe Nate can be a good starter for a contender
he's great for us this year, but if he asks some 8 mil a year, and ends up backing up D-Wade, would be a shame

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
yea, thats true
might be the best option to deal with Nate/Lee
not like we'll care about cap space for some 4 years after 2010, if we really sign Lebron+Bosh or something along those lines
might as well add current guys for Dolan's tax money then

edit - while this is the best outcome, could Walsh do it in practice? As far as I understand he cant go to Nate and promise "look, we will give u 1 year deal now, and later u'll get a big deal over cap". McHale lost T-Wolves 3 draft picks when he promised that to Smith 10 years ago

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
The pulled groin has me a little bit worried.

I hope Nate calms down a little bit. I love his hustle and I love that he works hard, but his body can only handle so many dunks and super athletic plays. I understand he is smaller then everyone else and he has to give a lot, but he will tear his body up.

If he can keep improving his outside shooting, smart defense, and only use his slashing when he has to, he will last longer.

I mean if we sign him for good money and he ends up being injury prone then it is a partial waste.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This guy is the bomb(no homo) he plays his heart out everytime he steps onto the court whether its in practice or the game...he sparks this team up and we play much better when he's on the court

he's gonna get re-signed this offseason no way Donnie lets him walk, and no way D'Antoni lets Donnie let him go

Oldtimer

Rotation player
2010 Contracts

As matters now stand, the Knicks have only two guaranteed contracts for 2010. Curry's contract is for $11.277M and Jeffferies' contract is for $6.884M.

The team has a 2010 option for Danilo at $2.754M and for Chandler at $1.775M. They will be with the Knicks in 2010 unless traded. If Ewing, Jr. is on the team, he will not have much in salary.There will be a 2009 draft pick. The better the pick, the more expensive his 2010 salary. The range will likely be between $2.5M and $4M.

Even including Curry's and Jefferies salaries, this projects to a "committed" salary base of about $26M. The salary cap in 2010 will likely be $60M to $62m

The NBA requires a 13 player roster. Duhon, N8, Lee and Harrington are players we ordinarily would want to keep.

We have got to move Curry and and probably Jefferies too, He has not shown much since his return.

There will be some "dealing," before we can reasonably deal with our host of 2010 free agents.

metrocard

Legend
We all watched Nate grow up infront of our eyes.

He use to be that annoying ass over-cocky kid on the court that would comit really bad errors, had poor ball handling, offensive awareness, no defense, and was really streaky and raw.

With hard work, dedication to the game, his team and his profession; Nate has developed into one of the most dynamic guards in the NBA with a lot of skill now and good feel for the game. Nate was built to play in a fast tempo style.

I'm glad he's succeeding the best he could do or even more(with how hard Nate works, his potential just gets bigger).

Keep in mind I doubted Nate since we drafted him, but he definately shut me up now.

Hard work can take you so far.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
no one plays with more energy or heart then Nate, and it's about time he gets the time to show what that can translate into. it's no surprise he's thriving under dantoni. i think he's obviously good enough to start every game, whether he's more effective off the bench is the question. as long as he plays most the game i don't really care if his names in the starting line up..he still shows his spuratic-ness time and again and throws up the stupid shot, but those are becoming fewer and fewer. he's turning into a very good player and still has a lot to come, i hope and think we'll keep him. he's somewhat of the face of the knicks, he's been here for ever and is known for being who he is. :gony:

Akamu

The King
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix185969419dec18,0,2111066.story

I love this guy as well. Holding it down for the short guy. I for one dont want to see him playing anywere but for us. Thats my personal feeling. (you can tell he is my fav knick right now, sig, av). That still doesnt have me turning a blind eye to the fact that many people are realizing what a dynamic player he is. He is a restricted FA at the end of the year. If we dont resign him before that point he goes out onto the market and we can match any offer he recieves. But if this does happen someone is going to offer him a lot more money than what we wanted to spend on him... and with us having a budgit untill 2010 do you think they will show him the love.... I dont know. I really want the knicks to sign this guy up now before he blows up...

nbagjames268natekn0.jpg

lebronjames101107lgpe9.jpg

nikelbj5nyyankeedlmainrw2.jpg

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ he's goin? i hope this year is nice and entertaining non of that same shit like the year after Nate won everyone was doin the jump over-nate cutout-dunk

Yea, its Nate, Howard, Rudy Gay, and a fan voted rookie as the fourth entry. Howard is trying to go back to back but theres no way Nate isnt gonna take it. I wonder what Nates got up his sleeve this year