JUST SAY NO to Chris Bosh in 2010

The guy I want is Roy from Portland. Him and Lebron would be sick. Roy has been best friends with Nate since they were in like middle school. Gotta keep Nate and bring in Roy. Assuming Duhon does well from now till then and Harrington takes his player option at the end of the year we can sign those two guys up and then re-sign Duhon and Harrington. Depending on whether they keep Lee or draft a big man first round this year the starting five would look somethign like this

PG- Duhon
SG- Roy
SF- Lebron
PF- Harrington
C- Lee/Amare

Bench
Nate
Chandler
Gallo

Curry has to go though, and if they have to trade Lee to do so a big guy is what should come back in return or make a run at Amare with the other free agents. Might be to much money involved with the three of them but I dunno, Im not Donnie but I would want somethign like this

Last edited:

richtree

Rotation player
Firsty, Amare is much more imposing figure on the court....

And for all you people that think Bosh is a better defender ask yourself this question...

If you had to drive in for a layup, and your life depended on making this basket, would you want amare in the paint trying to stop you or chris bosh.,

I know I would want bosh there ...he is softer , slower, and not a force...

Go you tube chris bosh highlights and you will see jump shots and zero dunks.....

he is no force

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
If you had to drive in for a layup, and your life depended on making this basket, would you want amare in the paint trying to stop you or chris bosh.,

me being 6-1, id piss my pants at the halfcourt at the sight of either

neither is D-Howard or Yao or Shaq though... so the question about paint isnt really fair

half the youtube stuff i see about Bosh is nasty blocks and clutch shots, and the rest are very diverse plays - shows wide range of skills. And huge effort at very second, almost no showing off, unlike in Amare clips
pretty much what i expected
i understand your point, watching amare is like watching a flow of adrenaline, he is a force; but that doesnt necessarily bring wins. he's a living proof, more effort on rebounds and no fuk ups and suspensions - Suns might have had rings by now
And look at Timmy - he doesnt try to impress, but ask those Spurs if skill set and non-stop effort is worse than pure force

i wouldnt be very dissapointed with amare, but i'd take Bosh in a blink. both because i think his skill set and huge effort would mesh with lebron really well, and because he doesnt seem to have character issues
besides, the man is younger, got no injury history and kind of reminds of a lizard. it's cool

Last edited:
Firsty, Amare is much more imposing figure on the court....

And for all you people that think Bosh is a better defender ask yourself this question...

I know I would want bosh there ...he is softer , slower, and not a force...

Go you tube chris bosh highlights and you will see jump shots and zero dunks.....

he is no force

you can tmake anyone look like a star of look like a dud on you tube that really has no base. but ask anyone who actually knows anything about basketball and they will tell you bosh is a much better defender amare isnt even a good help defender. you want a guy because he can mean mug it after he dunks when there is snoone within 5 feet of him?

nah ill take a guy who actually has skills please.

amare has no post game at all, he has a 15-18 ft jumpshot and dunking and is super athletic.

bosh has great foot work and touch around the basket not a great defender but a good one. he can strech the floor out to the three point line. much better rebounder

anything stodimire can do.. bosh can do better
everyone sing along

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bosh is:

- 2 years younger
- Better shooter
- Better rebounder
- Better handles
- More versatile
- Less concerned with being the man
- Hasn't had his knee put back together

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Roy would be a great pickup for us he'd be a perfect fit....but I say we should wait till after the draft to make our desicion on what players we need....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
heck Dirk? i don't understand why people don't like Dirk. he's def one of my top players in the league hands down. him and LeBron would be i think a great combo. i think way better then amare. I just don't see a hell of a lot in amare for being mentioned as the top player in the league. he's great, he's not a game changer constant high scorer go to guy a 1 min left to me, as much as some of the other guys..

JayJ44

Starter
Bosh in on another level compared to Amare. Bosh's defense is much better than Amare's, Amare is a terrible help defender. Bosh's defense has improved greatly since his time on the olympics. He's a better shooter than Amare, he even has 3 point range. Bosh also has a much better back to the basket game than Amare. If given the choice, I would much rather have Chris Bosh on my team.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Bosh is an elite power forward. Having him on the Knicks would be a huge plus. Bosh is one of my favorite power forwards, so if he comes to New York, I definitely won't be complaining. I'm not really a Lebron James fan, but if he comes to New York, I'll give him a chance. He is one of the league's top scorers, and he did make the NBA finals with the Cavs. Dwyane Wade is the player I really want to come to the Knicks the most.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I like Dirk. He can definitely keep up his play for another 4-5 years. His style has a lot of finesse and it is less physical then your big men. A big reason why he rarely gets injured. Dirk is very versatile offensively, more then any PF in this league.

DatPrince I am 100% with you in getting Roy. The guy just keeps improving! It will be very hard to get him out of Portland, because he is the face of that franchise. Roy is also a good defender, better then Wade. Roy has a better shot then Wade.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i feel that Portland has a bigger chance at lebron than we at Roy
would be foolish for anyone to leave Blazers right now. they got top set of young talent, one of top GMs in the league, plenty of money and quite big, sophisticated fan base

they are the surest future thing right now, contenders for the next 10 years.

why would Roy leave that kind of thing and come to NY to maybe compete maybe together with Lebron

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
i feel that Portland has a bigger chance at lebron than we at Roy
would be foolish for anyone to leave Blazers right now. they got top set of young talent, one of top GMs in the league, plenty of money and quite big, sophisticated fan base

they are the surest future thing right now, contenders for the next 10 years.

why would Roy leave that kind of thing and come to NY to maybe compete maybe together with Lebron

LOL on portland having a "sophisticated" fan base. I do agree with you on roy not leaving that place. He has a good group of players surrounding him. Not only that, he is also the go to guy in portland. With lebron, he would be the second option. Also, alot of nba ballers like to remain with the team that they helped build up. They want to be able to lead the team that drafted them into winning that ring.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I do respect Portland fans a lot

I dont read their forums, except ocasional conversations below Portland articles, so I cant comment on their internet fans

But in general, i respect how they care about their team history and values. How they reacted to the whole Jail-Blazers mess for example.
I remember when Rasheed Wallace threw a towell at Sabonis -- Sabonis was Portland's beloved old-timer on dead legs, Rasheed meant a hope to contend in the future -- the whole fan base was enraged at the time and disgusted at Rasheed.
It's not often u see fans nearly unanimously disgusted at your All-Star caliber guy in such situation

Probably 'sophisticated' isnt the right word, probably i should call it 'integrity'

richtree

Rotation player
I think you are all wrong here....

Bosh has better range than Amare but Amare is just a good of shooter from 16 and in....

Amare is more versatile because he can play with his back to basket in late situations.,
and can guard both 4's and 5's ....

Bosh is softer...say we were in the finals and playing Duncan or Gasol...Id rather have Amare out there playing Def and making them work on the offensive end...

His injury is not an issue after coming back fine for 2 seasons...

Bosh is not a winner and continues to lose and he puts up number because he plays lots of minutes, especially in games where they are losing...

Lost to the "sonics" last night....

and I also think of it this way....if you added Bosh to Knicks today we would be better but still of soft team that may not make the playoffs..

you added Amare today., we are 100% in the playoffs and no one would want to play us....

AMARE is option 1 in 2010

Bosh is not worth his contract

All of you guys preaching Marbury is not a winner and want him out....

then you can't be hypocritical and want this loser bosh....

peace to the real ballers that know and don't regurgitate ESPN's views on things

metrocard

Legend
I've been preaching the whole Roy to NYC thing for a while, he would be huge for us if we can't Lebron. (hopefully Gallo develops into an all star caliber player by 2010 so we won't be forced to sign Lebron. Same with Chandler)

We could draft Thabeet or Greg Monroe in 2009.

You figure

Nash/Rubio
Roy/Robinson
Chandler/Gallo
Harrington/Lee
Thabeet/Gibson

richtree

Rotation player
PS - Roys a good player but cant complete with the elite 2 guards

Lebron
Kobe
Wade

all better than Roy

Pierce
McGrady

better...

Roy will have a nice team in Portland but don't think he is ever gonna be in the Finals

richtree

Rotation player
If the think Roy is better that Wade your opinion can't even be taken serisouly....

Wade single handledly beat the Lakers last night....

Wade is top 5 player in the league.....

Roy is a nice player ...but Wade, come on...

this is dumb