JUST SAY NO to Chris Bosh in 2010

richtree

Rotation player
Chris Bosh is not the man we want.....

if we get wade or lebron we should team them up with Amare

Bosh isn't a great defender can't score with is back to the basket and this year once again proves he is not a winner...

Amare, Boozer, heck Dirk is a better fit.....

Chandler hasn't proven he can defend any good PF's in the league....

especially if Harrington is still around Bosh is a waste of time and money....

He is not intimadating and doesn't make the players around him better..

He is not a leader and his teams have talent yet still lose....

Compare him to Zach Randolph...what is he gonna do so much better ?

Bosh is overrated and should not be in the Knicks future....

Obviously I would love Lebron...but I start to like

Nash
Wade
Chandler
Amare
and anyone...

with Dannio as our sixth man

I dont hold Bosh as high up in regard to how others do. Amare is definantly my pick for a big man in 2010. He played for D'antoni and he has been saying how he wants to be a go to guy. Dude wants more responsibility, so we can give it to him. Boozer seems to me like a glorified David Lee who wants a lot more money so I could do without him as well. Amare and King James are the guys I want.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i want somebody and Amare loll.......we dont really need 2 superstars anyways we could still build a serious conteneder with say

one of these

Amare
LeBron
Wade
even Bosh

surrounded by Nate, maybe Lee(if he still here), Chandler, Gallo and this years draft pick(Evans, Harden, Monroe?)

and use the rest of the cap-space to resign and lock up players and fill out the rotation with the money to complete our roster(Harrington, Chandler, Gallo....etc)

either way when u have cap-space you could play out different scenarios, that a luxury we haven't had in a while

richtree

Rotation player
yeah, and if we can keep nate off the bench...

and get some youth and explosive ness in a big man...(maybe keep lee)

Our roster will fill out nicely

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think bosh is right there with amare, maybe even better. I like amare more but hes soft on the boards, hes not as good of a defender as he should be, and bosh has a better jumpshot.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
No ty to Amare
I'll take Bosh over him any day.

1. If u talk defence - Amare is deffinitely not a guy to look at. The guy only cares about scoring and being the man. He was playing the fastest offence in the league for years, meaning a lot of attacks and a lot of balls to grab, and didnt record a single double-double season

Chris Bosh did that playing for Mitchel - a coach mostly concerned about defence. and is very close to another double-double season again this year

2. Even more - im really concerned about Amare being immature. The guy gets technicals sitting on the bench at the most crucial time ever for his franchise, and in a few years, he goes off about wanting to be the face of the franchise at the moment when Suns got plenty of problems to deal with and need his bitching least

If we get a no-bullshit player like LeBron, a guy used to contend and be in veteran teams, and give him crybaby like Amare - i fear locker room would explode
Give him Bosh - he showed great effort since Vince days in Toronto, and has shown great toughness in China this year, being pretty much our best big man through all the hacking and pushing going on under FIBA rules

3. Dirk would be the best PF for D'Antoni system, no doubt. D'Antoni loves guys who can space the floor at any position.
Dirk is the best big man shooter in basketball right now, and him going in and out of the paint, spacing the floor, would work terrific with LeBron, giving LeBron lots of space to do his thing.

Dirk would be the best big man alongside LeBron in any system actually, just look how well LeBron fits with Z in Brown's system, another big guy who can shoot almost from anywhere. Now imagine Z could also run like Dirk, and u got a perfect teammate to LeBron
But i dont think we would go for Dirk simply because of age, unless young guys are unavailable.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Amare has been complaining in Phoenix lately because he's not the main go-to guy. If we got Lebron, Amare would not be the main go-to guy. I like Amare, but it worries me that he is complaining more about not getting the ball enough, even though they are winning games. We don't want players like that on our team.

amare is a bitch. he cant play with anyone else he's to selfish and if you think bosh cant play and D i dont see why you think amare can. he needs to play on a team like the clippers where he can be in the spot light and it be all amare all the time. i would prefer we sign lebron and dirk in dantonis system you need bigs that can shoot and he can shoot as good as anyone i say play dirk at center and resign harrington, sign nash on the cheap and draft a sweet shooting sg, maybe sign brad miller to come off the bench he will be like 35 by then and will sign on the cheap. and i say we draft chase budinger this year if we cant get either curry or rubio. this dude can shoot and has a high basketball iq great passer and rebounder for his size

pg: nash/robinson
sg:budinger/
sf:lebron/ gallinari
pf: harrington/jeffries/gallinari
c: norwitzki/ miller

See everyone on this team can pash, shoot and dribble and it athletic these are the type of players that will blow up under dantonis system. we might set all kinds of new records well on O that is.

Last edited:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
pg: nash/robinson
sg:budinger/
sf:lebron/ gallinari
pf: harrington/jeffries/gallinari
c: norwitzki

Imagine, if we sign Nash, Dirk, then possible Raja Bell (another Nash's buddy) to D'Antoni system, it's a lovefest even before the season begins lol
Add in LeBron, a guy who greatly benefits from the space created by uber-shooters like Nash, Dirk, Bell, and it makes total sense

I dont think we would go for Dirk as a frontcourt priority, as i said, because of age. we would probably try to get young superstar guys first.
but it's damn fun to imagine what Nash-Bell-LeBron-Nowitzki lineup could do....

Imagine, if we sign Nash, Dirk, then possible Raja Bell (another Nash's buddy) to D'Antoni system, it's a lovefest even before the season begins lol
Add in LeBron, a guy who greatly benefits from the space created by uber-shooters like Nash, Dirk, Bell, and it makes total sense

I dont think we would go for Dirk as a frontcourt priority, as i said, because of age. we would probably try to get young superstar guys first.
but it's damn fun to imagine what Nash-Bell-LeBron-Nowitzki lineup could do....

we souldnt go for norwitzki but you will go for bell? bell has been slipping for two years already how good do you think he will be in two years from now? big men always last longer and by the time norwitzki is ready to retire and slipping we just send him to the bench and put gallinari in his place

Last edited:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
you souldnt go for norwitzki but you will go for bell? bell has been slipping for two years already how good do you think he will be in two years from now? big men always last longer and by the time norwitzki is ready to retire and slipping we just send him to the bench and put gallinari in his place

1. There's a BIG difference between signing a veteran max guy to a long term deal and signing cheap veterans to 1-2 year deals to fill in the gaps.
Every good team in NBA cares about that difference. Isiah didnt care and gave long term deals to risky guys. Didnt turn out nice, huh

2. Where did u read me saying we "shouldnt" go for Nowitzki though? Seems to me u arent very carefull reader lol
All i remember saying is that we probably wont go for him
Look at Walsh's history and prove me wrong. Walsh is very carefull about giving veteran guys long big deals. He signs young rising guys if he can and gives veterans as short deals as possible. If veteran wants a long big deal, like Stojakovic in Indy, he looks for a sign-and trade

I could do without Bosh, Amare, Wade or James in 2010 if we were to land Both Tyson Chandler and Joe Johnson and keep most of the pieces we have now.

C.Duhon/Johny Flynn ("09" draft :p)
Joe Johnson/Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler/Gallo
Al Harrington/ D. Lee
Tyson Chandler/ Another Big?

Dosen't look so bad to me? Hell we might even have enough cap flexability to sign someone else..... maby Dirk?

1. There's a BIG difference between signing a veteran max guy to a long term deal and signing cheap veterans to 1-2 year deals to fill in the gaps.
Every good team in NBA cares about that difference. Isiah didnt care and gave long term deals to risky guys. Didnt turn out nice, huh

2. Where did u read me saying we "shouldnt" go for Nowitzki though? Seems to me u arent very carefull reader lol
All i remember saying is that we probably wont go for him
Look at Walsh's history and prove me wrong. Walsh is very carefull about giving veteran guys long big deals. He signs young rising guys if he can and gives veterans as short deals as possible. If veteran wants a long big deal, like Stojakovic in Indy, he looks for a sign-and trade

you're right norwitzki is just like giving jerome james a fat long contract. and noritzki isnt going to sign for the max like lebron and dirk will only be 31 or 32 when 2010 get here. 18-10 mil over 5 season i don't think is a bad contract. when lebron signs its time to start winning hes not gonna wait around for walsh to build a team around him. he needs to prove to lebron they are ready to go now
and yeah walsh let stojakovic go because A. he was injured damn near the entire time he was with indy and B. they started thier rebuilding process i think that is the same year they drafted danny granger.
and maybe walsh wont sign him but it will help lure nash to ny. and he is a better rebounder than amare and can strech the floor more than bosh. i dont think bosh wants to play second fiddle to lebron in ny but i think norwitzki might. remember lebron and bosh's girl got into during a game last year.

and i thought this is where we play gm and dicuss what we think the team should do not what we think walsh would actually do.

booooring haha

Last edited:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
you're right norwitzki is just like giving jerome james a fat long contract. and noritzki isnt going to sgin for the max like lebron and dirk will only be 31 or 32 when 2010 get here. 18-10 mil over 5 season i dont think is a bad contract.

and he is a better rebounder than amare and can strech the floor more than bosh.

he'll be 32, and if he doesnt decline, then yea, totally agree, he's the perfect guy for LeBron
If we can get Nowitzki for 20 mil over 5 years, that's a no brainer. we might even have money to go for LebRon + a guy like Joe Johnson or even Wade then

but would Nowitzki really sign for so low, im not sure. Nowitzki is sure a nice guy lol so u never know, but other superstars like Kidd, Nash, Shaq are getting big money till around 36-37
Even Big Z is getting ~11 mil a year till 34, and Cleveland fans consider it a discount in forums
Nowitzki might want one last big money 4-5 year deal in 2010

What did LeBron and Bosh's girl did during a game last year btw? missed that story lol

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Amare is too soft on defense, and he's not a great rebounder, but he is very strong in the paint and has a solid mid-range shot.
About Bosh, IMO, he's better than Amare, gets more rebounds, has better shot selection, very consistent player and he is 2 years younger than Amare, it's not a big difference now but will be in the future.

he'll be 32, and if he doesnt decline, then yea, totally agree, he's the perfect guy for LeBron
If we can get Nowitzki for 20 mil over 5 years, that's a no brainer. we might even have money to go for LebRon + a guy like Joe Johnson or even Wade then

but would Nowitzki really sign for so low, im not sure. Nowitzki is sure a nice guy lol so u never know, but other superstars like Kidd, Nash, Shaq are getting big money till around 36-37
Even Big Z is getting ~11 mil a year till 34, and Cleveland fans consider it a discount in forums
Nowitzki might want one last big money 4-5 year deal in 2010

What did LeBron and Bosh's girl did during a game last year btw? missed that story lol

well she was sitting courtside and i think the raps were up on the cavs and she started talking shit to lebron haha so lebron started talking trashback and then went on to score like 15 points in a row and ran by her every time saying something and the cavs came back to win.

well norwitzki is making 18 now. and he isnt getting any better than he is now so a 2 mill raise would be good. lebrons probably gonna get about 26 27 mil shit maybe even 30 but i think lower. its not like the kicks are ever worried about the luxury tax anyways. but i think nash will sign for about 3 or 4 he will only have a cpl year left in him by then. i dont think we will be able to sign another wing star type of player. we just need to draft wings and bigs that have high basketball i.q. and can shot the rock when lebron kicks it out

Paul1355

All Star
Chris Bosh is not the man we want.....

if we get wade or lebron we should team them up with Amare

Bosh isn't a great defender can't score with is back to the basket and this year once again proves he is not a winner...

Amare, Boozer, heck Dirk is a better fit.....

Chandler hasn't proven he can defend any good PF's in the league....

especially if Harrington is still around Bosh is a waste of time and money....

He is not intimadating and doesn't make the players around him better..

He is not a leader and his teams have talent yet still lose....

Compare him to Zach Randolph...what is he gonna do so much better ?

Bosh is overrated and should not be in the Knicks future....

Obviously I would love Lebron...but I start to like

Nash
Wade
Chandler
Amare
and anyone...

with Dannio as our sixth man

Nash might not even be a big contender by 2010 he'll be older and Chris Duhon is younger and is showing to be a great assist man/floor general. I know He is not nearly as good as Nash but we should go after younger all stars like Lebron like Amare, like Bosh. If we can get a top guard and a big man like Amare then we are set.

Chandler CAN defend because he is the ONLY Knicks player actually blocking shots averaging 1 per game.

Duhon
Lebron
Chandler
Harrington
Bosh/Amare

Bnech: Gallinari, (hopefully)Nate, Ewing Jr., Curry's fat lard, and whoever else we can afford from FA or via trade.

We have to get Lebron just like the Yankees had to get CC Sabathia...pay Lebron more than everyone else, get him and build the team around him. With Chandler and Duhon you'll have athelticism and a good passer in Duhon to feed Lebron when Lebron can feed other guys as well.

You have two floor generals, a young star in Chandler, Offensive threat and decent defender in Harrington and all stars in Amare or Bosh.

That's what the Knicks plan should be.

By then Gallo and Nate should be strong bench players, if Nate stays with the team. Ewing Jr will be back probably this year or next year and looks like to have potential with his frekish athleticism.

Nash might not even be a big contender by 2010 he'll be older and Chris Duhon is younger and is showing to be a great assist man/floor general. I know He is not nearly as good as Nash but we should go after younger all stars like Lebron like Amare, like Bosh. If we can get a top guard and a big man like Amare then we are set.

Chandler CAN defend because he is the ONLY Knicks player actually blocking shots averaging 1 per game.

Duhon
Lebron
Chandler
Harrington
Bosh/Amare

Bnech: Gallinari, (hopefully)Nate, Ewing Jr., Curry's fat lard, and whoever else we can afford from FA or via trade.

We have to get Lebron just like the Yankees had to get CC Sabathia...pay Lebron more than everyone else, get him and build the team around him. With Chandler and Duhon you'll have athelticism and a good passer in Duhon to feed Lebron when Lebron can feed other guys as well.

You have two floor generals, a young star in Chandler, Offensive threat and decent defender in Harrington and all stars in Amare or Bosh.

By then Gallo and Nate should be strong bench players, if Nate stays with the team. Ewing Jr will be back probably this year or next year and looks like to have potential with his frekish athleticism.

you need to suround lebron with people who can shoot the basketball. look at the cavs a cpl years ok they were just ok.. now look at the team after they sorounded lebron with shooters now its a great team.

most of those people cant shoot i say have a bench mod of chandler,nate and gil who rotate in at all 1-4.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

Duhon
Lebron
Chandler
Harrington
Bosh/Amare

i wouldnt say we NEED LeBron we just need size and a suerstar in general.....and theres a max contract you could offer to a player and the cavs could offer the most about 30 million more then anyone else