Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JUST SAY NO to Chris Bosh in 2010

Amare is too soft on defense, and he's not a great rebounder, but he is very strong in the paint and has a solid mid-range shot.
    About Bosh, IMO, he's better than Amare, gets more rebounds, has better shot selection, very consistent player and he is 2 years younger than Amare, it's not a big difference now but will be in the future.

Originally Posted by rollingstone
    he'll be 32, and if he doesnt decline, then yea, totally agree, he's the perfect guy for LeBron
    If we can get Nowitzki for 20 mil over 5 years, that's a no brainer. we might even have money to go for LebRon + a guy like Joe Johnson or even Wade then

but would Nowitzki really sign for so low, im not sure. Nowitzki is sure a nice guy lol so u never know, but other superstars like Kidd, Nash, Shaq are getting big money till around 36-37
    Even Big Z is getting ~11 mil a year till 34, and Cleveland fans consider it a discount in forums
    Nowitzki might want one last big money 4-5 year deal in 2010

What did LeBron and Bosh's girl did during a game last year btw? missed that story lol

well she was sitting courtside and i think the raps were up on the cavs and she started talking **** to lebron haha so lebron started talking trashback and then went on to score like 15 points in a row and ran by her every time saying something and the cavs came back to win.

well norwitzki is making 18 now. and he isnt getting any better than he is now so a 2 mill raise would be good. lebrons probably gonna get about 26 27 mil **** maybe even 30 but i think lower. its not like the kicks are ever worried about the luxury tax anyways. but i think nash will sign for about 3 or 4 he will only have a cpl year left in him by then. i dont think we will be able to sign another wing star type of player. we just need to draft wings and bigs that have high basketball i.q. and can shot the rock when lebron kicks it out

Originally Posted by richtree
    Chris Bosh is not the man we want.....

if we get wade or lebron we should team them up with Amare

Bosh isn't a great defender can't score with is back to the basket and this year once again proves he is not a winner...

Amare, Boozer, heck Dirk is a better fit.....

Chandler hasn't proven he can defend any good PF's in the league....

especially if Harrington is still around Bosh is a waste of time and money....

He is not intimadating and doesn't make the players around him better..

He is not a leader and his teams have talent yet still lose....

Compare him to Zach Randolph...what is he gonna do so much better ?

Bosh is overrated and should not be in the Knicks future....

Obviously I would love Lebron...but I start to like

Nash
    Wade
    Chandler
    Amare
    and anyone...

with Dannio as our sixth man
    Nash might not even be a big contender by 2010 he'll be older and Chris Duhon is younger and is showing to be a great assist man/floor general. I know He is not nearly as good as Nash but we should go after younger all stars like Lebron like Amare, like Bosh. If we can get a top guard and a big man like Amare then we are set.

Chandler CAN defend because he is the ONLY Knicks player actually blocking shots averaging 1 per game.

Duhon
    Lebron
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Bosh/Amare

Bnech: Gallinari, (hopefully)Nate, Ewing Jr., Curry's fat lard, and whoever else we can afford from FA or via trade.

We have to get Lebron just like the Yankees had to get CC Sabathia...pay Lebron more than everyone else, get him and build the team around him. With Chandler and Duhon you'll have athelticism and a good passer in Duhon to feed Lebron when Lebron can feed other guys as well.

You have two floor generals, a young star in Chandler, Offensive threat and decent defender in Harrington and all stars in Amare or Bosh.

That's what the Knicks plan should be.

By then Gallo and Nate should be strong bench players, if Nate stays with the team. Ewing Jr will be back probably this year or next year and looks like to have potential with his frekish athleticism.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Nash might not even be a big contender by 2010 he'll be older and Chris Duhon is younger and is showing to be a great assist man/floor general. I know He is not nearly as good as Nash but we should go after younger all stars like Lebron like Amare, like Bosh. If we can get a top guard and a big man like Amare then we are set.

Chandler CAN defend because he is the ONLY Knicks player actually blocking shots averaging 1 per game.

Duhon
    Lebron
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Bosh/Amare

Bnech: Gallinari, (hopefully)Nate, Ewing Jr., Curry's fat lard, and whoever else we can afford from FA or via trade.

We have to get Lebron just like the Yankees had to get CC Sabathia...pay Lebron more than everyone else, get him and build the team around him. With Chandler and Duhon you'll have athelticism and a good passer in Duhon to feed Lebron when Lebron can feed other guys as well.

You have two floor generals, a young star in Chandler, Offensive threat and decent defender in Harrington and all stars in Amare or Bosh.

By then Gallo and Nate should be strong bench players, if Nate stays with the team. Ewing Jr will be back probably this year or next year and looks like to have potential with his frekish athleticism.

you need to suround lebron with people who can shoot the basketball. look at the cavs a cpl years ok they were just ok.. now look at the team after they sorounded lebron with shooters now its a great team.

most of those people cant shoot i say have a bench mod of chandler,nate and gil who rotate in at all 1-4.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Paul1355

Duhon
    Lebron
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Bosh/Amare

i wouldnt say we NEED LeBron we just need size and a suerstar in general.....and theres a max contract you could offer to a player and the cavs could offer the most about 30 million more then anyone else

The guy I want is Roy from Portland. Him and Lebron would be sick. Roy has been best friends with Nate since they were in like middle school. Gotta keep Nate and bring in Roy. Assuming Duhon does well from now till then and Harrington takes his player option at the end of the year we can sign those two guys up and then re-sign Duhon and Harrington. Depending on whether they keep Lee or draft a big man first round this year the starting five would look somethign like this

PG- Duhon
    SG- Roy
    SF- Lebron
    PF- Harrington
    C- Lee/Amare

Bench
    Nate
    Chandler
    Gallo

Curry has to go though, and if they have to trade Lee to do so a big guy is what should come back in return or make a run at Amare with the other free agents. Might be to much money involved with the three of them but I dunno, Im not Donnie but I would want somethign like this
    Last edited by trueOrangeandBlue; Dec 19, 2008 at 15:48.

Firsty, Amare is much more imposing figure on the court....

And for all you people that think Bosh is a better defender ask yourself this question...

If you had to drive in for a layup, and your life depended on making this basket, would you want amare in the paint trying to stop you or chris bosh.,

I know I would want bosh there ...he is softer , slower, and not a force...

Go you tube chris bosh highlights and you will see jump shots and zero dunks.....

he is no force

If you had to drive in for a layup, and your life depended on making this basket, would you want amare in the paint trying to stop you or chris bosh.,
    me being 6-1, id piss my pants at the halfcourt at the sight of either

neither is D-Howard or Yao or Shaq though... so the question about paint isnt really fair

half the youtube stuff i see about Bosh is nasty blocks and clutch shots, and the rest are very diverse plays - shows wide range of skills. And huge effort at very second, almost no showing off, unlike in Amare clips
    pretty much what i expected
    i understand your point, watching amare is like watching a flow of adrenaline, he is a force; but that doesnt necessarily bring wins. he's a living proof, more effort on rebounds and no fuk ups and suspensions - Suns might have had rings by now
    And look at Timmy - he doesnt try to impress, but ask those Spurs if skill set and non-stop effort is worse than pure force

i wouldnt be very dissapointed with amare, but i'd take Bosh in a blink. both because i think his skill set and huge effort would mesh with lebron really well, and because he doesnt seem to have character issues
    besides, the man is younger, got no injury history and kind of reminds of a lizard. it's cool
    Last edited by rollingstone; Dec 19, 2008 at 17:08.

Firsty, Amare is much more imposing figure on the court....

And for all you people that think Bosh is a better defender ask yourself this question...

I know I would want bosh there ...he is softer , slower, and not a force...

Go you tube chris bosh highlights and you will see jump shots and zero dunks.....

he is no force

you can tmake anyone look like a star of look like a dud on you tube that really has no base. but ask anyone who actually knows anything about basketball and they will tell you bosh is a much better defender amare isnt even a good help defender. you want a guy because he can mean mug it after he dunks when there is snoone within 5 feet of him?

nah ill take a guy who actually has skills please.

amare has no post game at all, he has a 15-18 ft jumpshot and dunking and is super athletic.

bosh has great foot work and touch around the basket not a great defender but a good one. he can strech the floor out to the three point line. much better rebounder

anything stodimire can do.. bosh can do better
    everyone sing along

Bosh is:

- 2 years younger
    - Better shooter
    - Better rebounder
    - Better handles
    - More versatile
    - Less concerned with being the man
    - Hasn't had his knee put back together

True that bigpat on the knee comment. I always get worried about knee injuries. Dont want Amare turning into the next McDyess

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Roy would be a great pickup for us he'd be a perfect fit....but I say we should wait till after the draft to make our desicion on what players we need....

heck Dirk? i don't understand why people don't like Dirk. he's def one of my top players in the league hands down. him and LeBron would be i think a great combo. i think way better then amare. I just don't see a hell of a lot in amare for being mentioned as the top player in the league. he's great, he's not a game changer constant high scorer go to guy a 1 min left to me, as much as some of the other guys..

Bosh in on another level compared to Amare. Bosh's defense is much better than Amare's, Amare is a terrible help defender. Bosh's defense has improved greatly since his time on the olympics. He's a better shooter than Amare, he even has 3 point range. Bosh also has a much better back to the basket game than Amare. If given the choice, I would much rather have Chris Bosh on my team.

KnicksonLIN.com

Chris Bosh is an elite power forward. Having him on the Knicks would be a huge plus. Bosh is one of my favorite power forwards, so if he comes to New York, I definitely won't be complaining. I'm not really a Lebron James fan, but if he comes to New York, I'll give him a chance. He is one of the league's top scorers, and he did make the NBA finals with the Cavs. Dwyane Wade is the player I really want to come to the Knicks the most.