Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JUST SAY NO to Chris Bosh in 2010

I like Dirk. He can definitely keep up his play for another 4-5 years. His style has a lot of finesse and it is less physical then your big men. A big reason why he rarely gets injured. Dirk is very versatile offensively, more then any PF in this league.

DatPrince I am 100% with you in getting Roy. The guy just keeps improving! It will be very hard to get him out of Portland, because he is the face of that franchise. Roy is also a good defender, better then Wade. Roy has a better shot then Wade.

i feel that Portland has a bigger chance at lebron than we at Roy
    would be foolish for anyone to leave Blazers right now. they got top set of young talent, one of top GMs in the league, plenty of money and quite big, sophisticated fan base

they are the surest future thing right now, contenders for the next 10 years.

why would Roy leave that kind of thing and come to NY to maybe compete maybe together with Lebron

Originally Posted by rollingstone
    i feel that Portland has a bigger chance at lebron than we at Roy
    would be foolish for anyone to leave Blazers right now. they got top set of young talent, one of top GMs in the league, plenty of money and quite big, sophisticated fan base

they are the surest future thing right now, contenders for the next 10 years.

why would Roy leave that kind of thing and come to NY to maybe compete maybe together with Lebron
    LOL on portland having a "sophisticated" fan base. I do agree with you on roy not leaving that place. He has a good group of players surrounding him. Not only that, he is also the go to guy in portland. With lebron, he would be the second option. Also, alot of nba ballers like to remain with the team that they helped build up. They want to be able to lead the team that drafted them into winning that ring.

I do respect Portland fans a lot

I dont read their forums, except ocasional conversations below Portland articles, so I cant comment on their internet fans

But in general, i respect how they care about their team history and values. How they reacted to the whole Jail-Blazers mess for example.
    I remember when Rasheed Wallace threw a towell at Sabonis -- Sabonis was Portland's beloved old-timer on dead legs, Rasheed meant a hope to contend in the future -- the whole fan base was enraged at the time and disgusted at Rasheed.
    It's not often u see fans nearly unanimously disgusted at your All-Star caliber guy in such situation

Probably 'sophisticated' isnt the right word, probably i should call it 'integrity'

Veteran

Originally Posted by colebrisco
    . lebrons probably gonna get about 26 27 mil **** maybe even 30 but i think lower.t
    i thought that the max contract was 22m (give or take a few hundred thousand)... how are they going to pay him 26/27 or 30???

I think you are all wrong here....

Bosh has better range than Amare but Amare is just a good of shooter from 16 and in....

Amare is more versatile because he can play with his back to basket in late situations.,
    and can guard both 4's and 5's ....

Bosh is softer...say we were in the finals and playing Duncan or Gasol...Id rather have Amare out there playing Def and making them work on the offensive end...

His injury is not an issue after coming back fine for 2 seasons...

Bosh is not a winner and continues to lose and he puts up number because he plays lots of minutes, especially in games where they are losing...

Lost to the "sonics" last night....

and I also think of it this way....if you added Bosh to Knicks today we would be better but still of soft team that may not make the playoffs..

you added Amare today., we are 100% in the playoffs and no one would want to play us....

AMARE is option 1 in 2010

Bosh is not worth his contract

All of you guys preaching Marbury is not a winner and want him out....

then you can't be hypocritical and want this loser bosh....

peace to the real ballers that know and don't regurgitate ESPN's views on things

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I've been preaching the whole Roy to NYC thing for a while, he would be huge for us if we can't Lebron. (hopefully Gallo develops into an all star caliber player by 2010 so we won't be forced to sign Lebron. Same with Chandler)

We could draft Thabeet or Greg Monroe in 2009.

You figure

Nash/Rubio
    Roy/Robinson
    Chandler/Gallo
    Harrington/Lee
    Thabeet/Gibson

PS - Roys a good player but cant complete with the elite 2 guards

Lebron
    Kobe
    Wade

all better than Roy

Pierce
    McGrady

better...

Roy will have a nice team in Portland but don't think he is ever gonna be in the Finals

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Roy > Wade honestly.

Roy is the Tim Duncan of SG's.

If the think Roy is better that Wade your opinion can't even be taken serisouly....

Wade single handledly beat the Lakers last night....

Wade is top 5 player in the league.....

Roy is a nice player ...but Wade, come on...

this is dumb

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by richtree
    I think you are all wrong here....

Bosh has better range than Amare but Amare is just a good of shooter from 16 and in....

Amare is more versatile because he can play with his back to basket in late situations.,
    and can guard both 4's and 5's ....

Bosh is softer...say we were in the finals and playing Duncan or Gasol...Id rather have Amare out there playing Def and making them work on the offensive end...

His injury is not an issue after coming back fine for 2 seasons...

Bosh is not a winner and continues to lose and he puts up number because he plays lots of minutes, especially in games where they are losing...

Lost to the "sonics" last night....

and I also think of it this way....if you added Bosh to Knicks today we would be better but still of soft team that may not make the playoffs..

you added Amare today., we are 100% in the playoffs and no one would want to play us....

AMARE is option 1 in 2010

Bosh is not worth his contract

peace to the real ballers that know and don't regurgitate ESPN's views on things
    LEAVE CB4 ALONE!!!!

Originally Posted by richtree

Bosh didnt seem soft to me in China tbh. he often looked like the toughest guy out there
    we dont have any other framework to really compare them well
    talent that Bosh and Amare have around is ridiculously different. personally, i dont see Amare as a winner. if he had Bosh's effort and rebounds, no showing off and suspensions off the bench, those Suns might've been champions by now

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

rich Roy isn't a flashy player but he gets the job done, and he cant be stopped he scores by the bunches and he's the most humble you could get you could make a strong argument for him and the scary part is that he's still getting better....he'll be one of the best players in the league for a while

Dat Prince...he will never, ever be better then Wade...

comeon...he's good...nice player....no WADE

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i agree Wade is top 2 shooting gaurds in the league, and could make an argument for himin the top 3 players in the league, but Roy is still developing so we cant compare him to Wade or Kobe or Pierce or T-Mac it isnt fair, but with time he could reach that level he's well on his way