• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (11-15) vs The Boston Celtics (25-2)
Sun. 12/20 at 6:00pm ET on MSG​

2egbbib.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Sunday Nights game against the Boston Celtics. The Knicks are coming off a disappointing loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, who have now beaten the Knicks 3 times already this year. They turned the ball over a depressing 23 times, which is over 7 turnovers more then they average per game. Chris Duhon and David Lee both finished the game with 5 turnovers. There's not a whole lot of good to say about Friday nights game. Where theres a negative, you can always find a positive so the Knicks need to learn from this game and come out more focused next time they play a team that has a record worse then theirs.

The Boston Celtics have the best record in the NBA. They get it done with great team defense, unselfish offense, and consistency. As much as I would like to say theirs a couple of teams capable of beating them in a playoff series, the only team that I really believe can stop them is Cleveland. Both teams do a great job of taking care of business every night and some of the teams that aren't as good need to learn from the Cavs and the Celtics.

The Knicks will have to play hard for 48 minutes to win this game. They have no pressure on them. They're playing the best team in the league at their home. The Knicks are expected to lose, if they manage to come away with a win they will recieve great praise from the media and rightfully so. They need to play intense like the Knicks from the 90's. No layups, every shot contested, and stingy defense. They need to believe in themselves, a win for the Knicks in Boston would make many Knicks fans very happy, including myself.

If you were unable to see the Bucks game, I dont have any highlights yet but I do have this:

STARTING LINEUPS

boston-celtics-myspace-comment.gif

The Boston Selltics

pg-Rajon Rambo
sg-Ray Fallen
sf-Paula Pierced
pf-Kevin Garnoit
C-Kendrip Slurpins

chicken.gif
285.he.got.game.031907.jpg
c4e8ff3a.png

132689691.gif
kendrick-perkins.jpg

Backups: Eddie Mouse, Tony Gallon, Leon Powe, Big Baby Davis, Brian Scalaweeny, Gay Pruitt

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT POWER FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg

BACKUPS: TIM THOMAS, NATE ROBINSON, JARED JEFFRIES, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE, JEROME JAMES

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Al Harrington vs Kevin GarNOT

132689691.gif

kevin%20garnett%20on%20the%20bench.jpg

VS

al_gsom_tmnt.jpg

340x.jpg

Al Harrington

Im not sure who the Knicks will have Harrington defend, they might have Wilson Chandler defend KG but the Knicks will need Harrington to bring it on offense. Hes the type of player that when his shot is on hes very difficult to stop. He can take it to the hoop or knock down a jumpshot in his opponents face. Al is a big factor as to how the Knicks do against the Celtics.

Harringtons 08-09 Stats

PPG 20.5
RPG 6.7
APG 1.8
SPG 1.0
BPG 0.3
FG% 0.419
FT% 0.828
3P% 0.387
MPG 36.6

Good numbers from Al, his 20.5ppg is a career high for him. Al's biggest problem is shot selection and consistency. 41.9 is not the best fg% but in his defense thats including the 5 games he played with Golden State. With the Knicks, hes shooting 44.4 percent.

Kevin Garnoyd

PPG 16.5
RPG 9.2
APG 2.6
SPG 1.4
BPG 1.4
FG% 0.523
FT% 0.829
3P% 0.333
MPG 32.9

Garnat is putting up good numbers but more importantly his team is winning. Hes solidified his spot as one of the top 5 power forwards of all time and the Knicks will have their hands full trying to contain him.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Defense for 48 Minutes
  • Move the ball on offense
  • Be ready to score points from the opening tip on
  • Don't fall for Rondos fakes
  • Dont leave shooters open

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Wilson Chandler

amd_chandler-shoots.jpg

300h.jpg

Wilson Chandlers defense will be very important in this game. He will have to guard Garnett at times, and Paul Pierce at other times. He needs to stay out of foul trouble. Athletic players like Chandler can give the Celtics problems sometimes. If he can stay on the court I can see him making an impact on both ends of the court.

1wys4.png

As we can see Chandlers had some good games and some not so good games over the last 5 games. Hes young and still improving, consistency comes with time. He has a big opportunity to help the Knicks Sunday night. As an undersized team, it will be difficult to keep up with the Celtics on the boards. Players like Chandler and Al Harrington need to help out David Lee, who will also have his work cut out for him.

scooter.jpg

Rajon_Rondo_tackle.jpg

celtics.jpg

lakers_vs__celtics.gif

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Biz Markie
Title:Vapors
Album:Goin' Off
Year:1988

biz-markie.jpg

Download "Vapors" Here:
Biz Markie - Vapors _in sync_.mp3 - 11.46MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Dec 26 Minnesota 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Dec 28 Denver 1:00 PM
  • Tue, Dec 30 @ Charlotte 7:00 PM
  • Fri, Jan 2 Indiana 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Jan 4 Boston 6:00 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Sunday night on MSG and Happy Holidays to all!!!!!

happy-holidays-wreath.gif

paul-pierce1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:​

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thanks knicks rulez, i almost forgot to put big baby in there. I hope we can somehow pull off a win tomorrow night, the Celtics are a couple games away from having the best start ever. I dont want to see that happen and if the Knicks were the team to prevent them from that, that would make me :) :lol:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sick thread MSG u got skittles......and im waiting to see Chandler and Garnett go at.....ima go out and say Chandler has a big game 2morrow....

JayJ44

Starter
Wow, great thread MSG. You always put in more work when we face the Celtics, good job. I think if we play perfectly, we can win. If we shoot the lights out, play great D, and if they have a bad shooting night we can pull it out. I hope that we at least make it competitive after the Bucks game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Something to debate with Kiya....

The Boston Big-3 was never losers in the NBA.... their Franchise Presidents were losers....the Big-3 have always been in the Top-10 best 4th quarter players in their NBA career. As for their cocky-ness (25-2) I agree.... but they could afford to be COCKY.... b/c none of the NBA teams put together a team in the offseason that could put up a decent challenge for the Boston Big-3 (accept for Phil Jackson Lakers and Lebron Cavs).
It looks like the Majority of the teams in the NBA are giving Bum President Ainge Boston Celtics the 2009 and 2010 Championship by deleting their roster for salary cap room for the 2010 free agents (If the highest paid team could do it then why not the rest).

After the (11-16) Milwalkie Bucks game where the short-change (11-14) Knicks chased after a 18 point lead throughout the entire game with just 6-players in the Knicks rotation....Boston coach Doc Rivers will rest his Big-3 vs the short change Knicks to watch the developement of his players Perkins, Baby, Scalibrine, Tony Allan, House, and Rondo (Match these Boston 6 players with coach D. 7-man rotation and you get a 7 point defensive Boston Win).
When you add just one of the Boston Big-3 players with any of those 6 Boston players on the court the level of their talent rise to a 15 to 20 point Boston Win over a short change Knick Team.

How could you add a Tim Thomas to a rotation before Eddy Curry.
How could you add a Anthony Roberson to a rotation before Marbury.
How could you be coaching to WIN when your Roster of players are witnessing these two major Mistakes each game.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

The Boston Big-3 was never losers in the NBA.... their Franchise Presidents were losers....the Big-3 have always been in the Top-10 best 4th quarter players in their NBA career. As for their cocky-ness (25-2) I agree.... but they could afford to be COCKY.... b/c none of the NBA teams put together a team in the offseason that could put up a decent challenge for the Boston Big-3 (accept for Phil Jackson Lakers and Lebron Cavs).
It looks like the Majority of the teams in the NBA are giving Bum President Ainge Boston Celtics the 2009 and 2010 Championship by deleting their roster for salary cap room for the 2010 free agents (If the highest paid team could do it then why not the rest).

After the (11-16) Milwalkie Bucks game where the short-change (11-14) Knicks chased after a 18 point lead throughout the entire game with just 6-players in the Knicks rotation....Boston coach Doc Rivers will rest his Big-3 vs the short change Knicks to watch the developement of his players Perkins, Baby, Scalibrine, Tony Allan, House, and Rondo (Match these Boston 6 players with coach D. 7-man rotation and you get a 7 point defensive Boston Win).
When you add just one of the Boston Big-3 players with any of those 6 Boston players on the court the level of their talent rise to a 15 to 20 point Boston Win over a short change Knick Team.

How could you be coaching to WIN when your Roster of players are witnessing these two major Mistakes each game.

co-sign another sick post Kiya

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Good post Kiyaman, you made some good points.

definitely not a jpz thread lmao

very hard to compare us..

:confused:

knicklover

Benchwarmer

Because you are trying to create a winning culture and attitude over the long term instead of trying to win a single extra game in the short run! That's how winning franchises are created and losing franchises are disassembled!

Self centered behavior is punished, not rewarded just because the player happens to be good.

Laziness is punished instead of rewarded.

A team first attitude is rewarded.

Hard work is rewarded.

Causing trouble in the locker room is punished.

etc...

Anyone that can't pass the mustard with these new ways and rules will be eliminated ASAP even if it sacrifices a few wins now because the goal is to win it all eventually and not to win an extra couple of games this year. We will continue accumulating winners and eliminating losers until we reach that goal!

Long live D'Antoni and Walsh! True geniuses!

Knicks missed a opprotunity to rebound from letting two winnable games slip away Friday night when they got blown out by a Milwaukee team they should have been able to beat... Now we have the Celdicks starring at us. Tonights game is definately a MUST WIN! GO KNICKS! Pull it out of your asses!!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
well excellent game thread as usual, and all i gotta say is the CELDICKS are a bitch team, yeah they have great players, but its time this streak of theirs ends. The knicks have had unlucky games in PHX and LAL but the game against milwaukee was just a bad performance, we need this game badly! Im expecting a loss, but maybe they can surprise the NBA and take down Boston.

as always GO KNICKS!!!

JayJ44

Starter
Q-Rich is shooting real well tonight, we're gonna need him if we don't want this to turn into a blowout. Our defense is crap, and their defense is crazy. Plus, their shooting ridiculously well. Mostly, because of our defense. Still very early, hopefully we can turn it around.

JayJ44

Starter
I love the way this team keeps fighting, even if they're down by a lot. Now it's an 8 point game because of Duhon's buzzer beater. Nate has been on fire, he's playing pretty well. Al Harrington has been struggling, although he must be spending a lot of energy guarding KG. He hasn't been playing well for the past couple games though, let's hope he bounces back soon.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we fell behind early but we showed resilience and fought back to within 8 after trailing by 23 qrich finally backing up his trash talk and Nate gave us a shot in the arm when we needed it Duhon gave us momentum at the half with that buzzer beater..we improve on D we could steal this game

JayJ44

Starter
If we played some defense we would be much closer. It would help if Al Harrington could buy a bucket. He just made a 3, maybe that will get him going.