Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Knicks Raptors talkin trade?

  1. #1
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Knicks Raptors talkin trade?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    although the 2 sides havent talked in a while there were reports of a:

    Stephon Marbury
    and
    Eddie Curry

    for

    Jermaine O' Neal
    and
    Anthony Parker

    that will give us size and a 2 gaurd who could knock down shots, and O'Neal is a great offensive player and is good on defense with his shot blocking and rebounding but could he stay healthy?

    our new lineup will be better and taller with this trade and would help us alot

    Duhon/Nate
    Parker/QRich
    Harrington/Gallo
    Lee/Chandler
    O'Neal/Jeffries

    thats a playoff team right there......

  2. #2
    Member SpursFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Not sure why the Raps would do this unless it's to clear space to re-sign bosh???

  3. #3
    Member trueOrangeandBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The article says that its probably not going to happen. It states that..."Only one problem: The Knicks and Raptors haven't discussed a trade in months, according to an executive familiar with both teams' plans."

    This trade is not going to happen. If Toronto wants to keep Bosh they would just let Parker walk and Oneil play out the contract. It would be a good money scenario for us though along with filling some holes in the mean time.

  4. #4
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Great trade for us, clears cap in 2010 and gives us a presence in the post. It's terrible for the Raptors though, no idea why they would do that. They already have a good PG in Calderon, and O'Neal is much better than Curry, even with injuries. Plus, Curry's contract takes away cap space in 2010, so it makes no sense for them. No way this happens, unless Isiah got a job in Toronto...

  5. #5
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by trueOrangeandBlue
    The article says that its probably not going to happen. It stats that..."Only one problem: The Knicks and Raptors haven't discussed a trade in months, according to an executive familiar with both teams' plans."

    This trade is not going to happen.
    i know loll but i just thought id post it since its been discussed before and negotiations could start up again , highly unlikely but possible.....i like the deal though and would make us competitive this year and next year although i would prefer younger developing talent


    just a thought why don't we try and get Hibbert from from the pacers i think he could become a good defensive center....

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Not going down!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Neither team is biting on that trade per this article

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    yeah I posted something similar to this the other day, but instead of Marbury make it Jefferies and Rose to go along with Curry then put in the 09 1st round pick. Then have Toronto through in a 1st round pick a couple years from now to go along with Oneal and 2 league minimum players.

    Curry, Jefferies, Rose, '09 1st round pick(pick 10-15) for Oneal..Solomon, Adams + 1st round pick few years from now.

    At least benefit Toronto for taking 750 pounds of crap..Give them something to look forward to having 2 lottery picks next year to prepare themselves for when they lose Bosh.

  8. #8
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    yeah I posted something similar to this the other day, but instead of Marbury make it Jefferies and Rose to go along with Curry then put in the 09 1st round pick. Then have Toronto through in a 1st round pick a couple years from now to go along with Oneal and 2 league minimum players.

    Curry, Jefferies, Rose, '09 1st round pick(pick 10-15) for Oneal..Solomon, Adams + 1st round pick few years from now.

    At least benefit Toronto for taking 750 pounds of crap..Give them something to look forward to having 2 lottery picks next year to prepare themselves for when they lose Bosh.
    no man our first rounder is a keeper it'll give us a key player for our future plans, and O'Neal and Parker will only be temporary fixes....and after this draft pick we dont have another first rounder till 2011 so we should hold on to this one we gonna get Monroe, Evans someone with alot of potential with this pick

  9. #9
    Member trueOrangeandBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have to agree with Prince. Now if it was a 2nd round pick that is another story.

  10. #10
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yeah you are right prince..I mean hopefully they can get rid of Curry and Jefferies without giving up Lee-Robinson-1st round pick. I don't know who else will agree with me, but if I had to pick of the 3, Id rather give up the 1st round pick which right now will be what the 11th overall? and keep Lee and Robinson long term. The only way to keep both I think plus signing 2 FA in 2010 would be to get rid of Curry and Jefferies.

    Actually as I'm typing this I realize I'm wrong anyway, by the rules the knicks can't go 2 seasons without having a 1st round pick. So they would have to receive a 2010 1st round pick in order to trade the 09 one. Interesting, anyway I just hope Walsh can find away to get rid of Curry + Jefferies.

  11. #11
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i see where ur coming from ur saying lets give up the 1st rounder because we dont know what were gonna get out of the player/how good he'll become, where Lee and Robinson we know what were getting and they're major parts of our teams future, but theres more to it then that......that 11 pick will get us either Monroe(a much needed center with tons of potential) or Evans(a shoting gaurd reminicent or Joe Johnson but more athletic) i'd take my chances and thats what we have to do, superstars are usually drafted, and if we give up or first rounder for O neal and Parker, then whats changed since Isiah was here, trading future for temoprary fixes........so keep the first rounder, and Walsh and D'Antoni have made it clear Nate is untouchable when it comes to trading, and Lee is, but only if the right deal presents itself where we get a great player in return....otherwise they are both getting resigned so no worries

  12. #12
    Member trueOrangeandBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i see where ur coming from ur saying lets give up the 1st rounder because we dont know what were gonna get out of the player/how good he'll become, where Lee and Robinson we know what were getting and they're major parts of our teams future, but theres more to it then that......that 11 pick will get us either Monroe(a much needed center with tons of potential) or Evans(a shoting gaurd reminicent or Joe Johnson but more athletic) i'd take my chances and thats what we have to do, superstars are usually drafted, and if we give up or first rounder for O neal and Parker, then whats changed since Isiah was here, trading future for temoprary fixes........so keep the first rounder, and Walsh and D'Antoni have made it clear Nate is untouchable when it comes to trading, and Lee is, but only if the right deal presents itself where we get a great player in return....otherwise they are both getting resigned so no worries
    Speak the truth... co sign^

  13. #13
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    if o'neal / parker have contracts up this yr or next the knicks would do it obviously, if not they'd should obviously def. stay away, no point. But either way, raptors would never trade them for curry marbury i don't think. We wouldn't give up anything more then them two and rose roberson and james too, no draft picks or nothing. No point in giving up any future players for fixtures for this yr and next

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 12:12
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  3. Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/11
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2008, 14:14
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 19:39
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 06:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •