Marburys best chance

tiger0330

Legend
Jordan Farmar will probably have surgery for his injured knee. Phil Jackson is is looking for a PG with speed, Marbury is out in LA now. If I was Marbury, I would go to Walsh and tell him I will take 3-4 mill less for a release to play for the Lakers. But thats me, Mebury is such a d@@k he'll probably stick to his I won't take a penny less and sit on his ass.

JayJ44

Starter
If he behaves with them, that's a very dangerous team. So much firepower off the bench, with that frontcourt, they would for sure win a title. That would be very interesting to see. Doubt that it happens though.

Shouldn't threads like this go in the NBA section from now on? Doesn't really have much to do with the Knicks anymore...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Nope. This thread is in the right section. Stephon Marbury is still a member of the Knicks. He's on the 15 man roster. It would be great if Marbury went to the Lakers. They really could win a championship, if they had an All Star point guard on their roster. Derek Fisher is a ballhog. Marbury would be a better fit for the Lakers.

Marbury, Jeffries, and the exception we get from Mobley for Odom and Fisher

maybe, i think the numbers could work out

Odom comes off the bench in LA now and his contract is up at the end of the year. He would give us a big man we need. Fisher can shoot and could come off the bench for us. His contract is up in 2010.

tiger0330

Legend
Marbury, Jeffries, and the exception we get from Mobley for Odom and Fisher

maybe, i think the numbers could work out

Odom comes off the bench in LA now and his contract is up at the end of the year. He would give us a big man we need. Fisher can shoot and could come off the bench for us. His contract is up in 2010.

no trade involved. Marbury just asks for his release but he has to want to play more than he wants that 21M. He would be going to a WC team also so Walsh wouldn't have a problem with him going to a team that might beat them out of a playoff spot.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
if u told me this a week ago i would have thought you were crzy, but the lakers have lost some games that they shudnt have, and a veteran talent like marbury would help as long as he can admit a lesser role, probably even a 6th man behind kobe or fisher. but yea he'd give that team a mentally tough veteran, and even more talent

Kiyaman

Legend
if u told me this a week ago i would have thought you were crzy, but the lakers have lost some games that they shudnt have, and a veteran talent like marbury would help as long as he can admit a lesser role, probably even a 6th man behind kobe or fisher. but yea he'd give that team a mentally tough veteran, and even more talent

Cosign.

Marbury & Fisher at PG (veteranship) gives the Lakers the 5 point advantage in the league to win a Championship.

In Preseason Marbury seen a Winning Knick team this season (playoff material) and wanted to be apart of it....when he publically announced that he dont mind comming off the bench to get the win.
Marbury, Nate, and Chandler were explosion comming off the bench.

Marbury comment of not excepting anything less does not mean anything, he just wanted to play his final season contract with the Knicks under the new system the team were playing under. But Dantoni threw a personal wrench in the mix.

Owner Dolan was not going to buyout Allan Houston even with the new "Houston Exception" rule. So what makes Fans and our new President think Dolan was going to let him buyout Marbury?

If Marbury would have excepted to play after the Crawful & Zach trade he too would've been traded before the trading deadline to some losing team like Sacremento Kings....only making Knick fans more confuse.

Under Dantoni's system Zach performance for the Knicks this season should not have been traded untill the 2009 offseason.... Crawful, Q.Richardson, Jefferies, and James was the main concern to trade.

Akamu

The King
I would take a few mil less in a release if top tier teams opened up the door for me to get a ring.

Or he can chill back and collect, Starbury is definitely in a nice position either way.

dre48ny

Rotation player
That's if the lakers do want him. They might not want the baggage, but then again Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches of all time! He would definitely help them. It would be funny if he did go and faced Garnett in the Finals. He should take less money, earn his only shot @ a title, and get as far away from nYC as possible for now.

Akamu

The King
Starbury doesn't have baggage, that's just the media hyping up the negativity.

Smart coach's can look past that and add a very productive player to their squad.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would take a few mil less in a release if top tier teams opened up the door for me to get a ring.

Or he can chill back and collect, Starbury is definitely in a nice position either way.

Later for Walsh....Dolan is not going to buyout Marbury for even $10M!!!!!

Jerome James is $12M....and Dolan is not buying him out.... if Walsh cant trade him then he stays a Knick...

dre48ny

Rotation player
True, true. That's why Phil would handle it well and get the most out of Marbs. Marbs being coached by a legend, could be sick!

richtree

Rotation player
I finally think that Starburians and Anit-Stephs can finally agree....

If Lakers are willing Steph should take a buyout to go play in LA....

Donnie should give it too him on Jan 1st for 2 mil less than his contract....

This pleases everyone.....especially since Knicks suck again and have zero shot at the playoffs....

By the way the Lakers Defensive has sucked lately.,

and Rondo is the real deal., him and harris should make the all-star game

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Starbury doesn't have baggage, that's just the media hyping up the negativity.

080417-baggage.jpg

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Later for Walsh....Dolan is not going to buyout Marbury for even $10M!!!!!

Jerome James is $12M....and Dolan is not buying him out.... if Walsh cant trade him then he stays a Knick...

They CAN'T buy James out this year because of the way his contract is set up. They can buy him out next year and probably will.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
LA actually sounds like a decent fit. If anyone can control Marbury, it would be Phil Jackson. Plus they could use the help. However, LA is so darn close to winning it all right now, doing something that could disrupt that chemistry in any way, shape, or form would be a risk that LA might not want to take even though on the surface it would improve the talent level.

I'd honestly like to see him go there and get plenty of minutes just to see how he handles really tough playoff pressure on a major contender for the first time in his life. I'd also like to see how his gigantic ego can handle being just another player on a great team instead of the best player on a terrible team. It didn't work with Garnett.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
LA actually sounds like a decent fit. If anyone can control Marbury, it would be Phil Jackson. Plus they could use the help. However, LA is so darn close to winning it all right now, doing something that could disrupt that chemistry in any way, shape, or form would be a risk that LA might not want to take even though on the surface it would improve the talent level.

I'd honestly like to see him go there and get plenty of minutes just to see how he handles really tough playoff pressure on a major contender for the first time in his life. I'd also like to see how his gigantic ego can handle being just another player on a great team instead of the best player on a terrible team. It didn't work with Garnett.

Personally I think that it would be Kobe controlling Marbury not Phil Jackson. Kind of like when Jordan controlled Dennis Rodman with the Bulls, Phil Jackson didnt do nothing.. maybe he gave Rodman a book or something but Jordan kept him in line.