Curry ready to return

Curry's future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
this smells like the Showcase on The Price is Right!!! In other words, if we want to trade him, we have to play him!!! Or maybe D'Antoni was inspired by Shaq's recent words on Curry... NOT!!!

CURRY MAY SPICE UP KNICKS NEXT WEEK
by Marc Berman (azzhole) in today's NYPOST

With Christmas around the corner, here comes the return of Eddy Curry. The Knicks' former starting center is back in coach Mike D'Antoni's plans and could make his season debut in less than two weeks.

Curry confirmed he is on track to join the team full tilt in practice in a little more than a week. After that, "It's up to the coach when he thinks I'm ready to play," he said.

Because of a bruised right knee, Curry hasn't practiced since the regular season began but may start doing on-court drills on Christmas Day, when the club returns to practice.

In a rare interview, Curry told The Post he's genuinely excited about this return. That is a departure from past interviews when Curry seemed resigned to his banished fate, despondent his knee was not healing. He ticked off the coaching staff originally by reporting to training camp well over 300 pounds.

"I'm excited, I'm ready to get back," Curry told The Post. "I'm definitely excited."

Knicks president Donnie Walsh said at practice yesterday Curry "wants to play" and thinks he'll join practice in about one week.

The 7-foot Curry yesterday finished a three-week program during which he was injected with a shot in his knee once a week - a lubricant that has lessened his pain. His final injection was yesterday. In late September, he took a cortisone shot that failed to work.

"I talked to [D'Antoni] a couple of times," Curry said. "He really assured me he wants me to be part of what's going on and for me not to lose my concentration and stay in it mentally and keep trying to work hard so when I come back I'm not too far behind. I'm glad he's anticipating my return."

Curry's season-long inactivity has been less dissected than Stephon Marbury's banishment. Curry habitually dodges reporters. He rarely sits on the bench during games. Though he's been their starting center for three seasons, it seemed fait accompli he didn't fit D'Antoni's program.

Several factors have changed the organization's thinking on Curry, not the least of which is their 11-16 record and four-game losing streak. The trade of Zach RandolphZach Randolph eliminated their lone low-post presence. More important, Randolph and Curry proved they could not play together last season. Without Randolph, Curry can play with the same reckless abandon he displayed during his exceptional 2006-2007 season.

In addition, D'Antoni is realizing 6-11 Jared Jeffries, whom he envisioned as a potential starting center, is not the answer to the Knicks' height woes. Jeffries' lack of durability has become troubling.

Also, Wilson Chandler is wearing down in his first full season. D'Antoni realizes a seven-, eight -man rotation is too taxing for his speedball style. Curry would give the Knicks a sturdy nine-man rotation and enough size where they won't get as overpowered against bigger teams.

Curry will beat rookie Danilo Gallinari back to the court. The Italian Stallion said he won't return to practice until about Jan. 21 when his eight-week exercise program for his back is completed.

THEY SHOULD USE THAT LUBRICANT TO FLUSH OUT HIS INTESTINES!!!

I wonder if he has gotten himself into shape. I mean I havnt seen him since like October. Lets see what hes got, regardless I would like to see him play well (although Im not expecting it, I dont think he will get up the court in time to be an option hahaha). The better he plays the more value he is trade wise and hopefully we can get some more W's.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
quicker he gets back the quicker we could trade him. it's been a while so i know it'll be good to have a 7 footer but i still think we need to get rid of him. I wouldn't mind getting Qrich out either, wipe out all the oldies that remind me of the old team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I hope he plays well. Have you seen the lack of 5 man sized centres going around these days? If he helps us push for the playoffs, thatd be unreal.
Lacking in optimism, but hoping for the best.

Lee will get a well deserved rest as a result.

The probability of sending both Curry and Q packing after some decent output from each would be marvellous!

Give us an exercisable option on acquiring the likes of Boozer or Gordon for the upcoming season and setting the table for 2010.

Merry Xmas Mother Lickers.

Go Knicks!

Kiyaman

Legend
Knick-Fans better stop sleeping on Curry, his big presense down-low will give Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Lee, and Harrington better options on offense.

Lately every team are forcing the Knicks to play a halfcourt offensive game where the Knicks are throwing-up 30 or more 3-point shots plus only scoring 5 to 15% in the paint.

The Knicks offense needs Curry low post scoring.....Curry dont need the Knicks....there are teams out there that will trade for Curry right now....Toronto is not satisfied with J.O'Neal low post scoring....Memphis dynamic tandem of Gay & Mayo could use a weapon in their halfcourt offense....the Timberwolves would like to have Jefferson stay at the PF position....Cleveland would Luv to trade Wally ending contract for a low post scorer.
In Dantoni's running system Curry would've been the best player to back-up Zach Randolph.... if Dantoni would've made up a couple of halfcourt offensive plays for Curry in the low-post with Lee & Chandler on each side.

All I'm saying is Dantoni should've never let me see how well "Isiah Thomas Players" thrive so well in his system in the Preseason.
Dantoni & Walsh are Tanking this Knick season.... the only players on the Knick roster after the Preseason games that should've been bench and traded were Gallo, Roberson, Jefferies, James, Malik, Q.Rich, and Crawful...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Is it all possible that D'Antoni could have Curry playing at an allstar level? We all know Curry's potential and that it's his mental toughness that he lacks. Could a lean mean Curry emerge with confidence in a D'Antoni system? D'Antoni is known for getting the most out of his players...a 280LB monster with good hands is not something we should overlook. I say give him a chance to shine and ship him out if he is still a lazy oaf.

paris401

Starter
curry at 280??? never happening..

i agree tho big men with good hands/etc, are hard to find.. but wide-load is... well wide...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
reports on realgm that once Diaw and Bell are eligible to get traded Curry will be shipped off in a deal for them......i would welcome that

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Is it all possible that D'Antoni could have Curry playing at an allstar level? We all know Curry's potential and that it's his mental toughness that he lacks. Could a lean mean Curry emerge with confidence in a D'Antoni system? D'Antoni is known for getting the most out of his players...a 280LB monster with good hands is not something we should overlook. I say give him a chance to shine and ship him out if he is still a lazy oaf.

I haven't read any reports to make me believe that Curry will do anything significant. If he at least told the press that he were on a vegetarian diet that would be a reason for hope, but there's nothing. I say package Curry for J. Oneal who's contract expires next season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hopefully E-city will be able to contribute the second half of this season. Kiyaman is right in saying teams have been slowing the ball down on the Knicks. Any coach with half a brain would do that against a team that is going to throw up 30 3's a game and has no legit center. D. Lee is a nice energy power forward, but no replacement for a real center. Look how bad we match up with otherwise bad teams like Milwaukee. Bogut kills us inside and we lose by 20. Like it or not this team needs E-city if its going to compete down the stretch. We cannot continue to play Loyola Marymont's offense with a 7 man rotation.