Teixeria A Yankee

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would like to have Pettite back but its not looking too good for him

but our rotation will be good this year we got 3 allstar potential pitchers(CC, Burnett, Wang) and 2 ace pictchers(CC and Wang) Hughes will have a breakout year with no pressure on him to be the "saviour" of our rotation and as for the last spot im sure they'll fill in well

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Excellent
Although it is a little scary that the 4 biggest contracts in all of baseball will be in the same uniform come opening day.

This move had to be made though. We needed a hitter to complement A-Rod as he was going to be left alone in that line up.

It also most likely ends the Manny to the Yankees rumors and i was kind of getting used to the idea of having Manny in the Bronx. ;)

The Yankees have the highest-paid first baseman, the highest-paid third baseman, the highest-paid shortstop, the highest-paid catcher, the highest-paid starting pitcher and the highest-paid reliever in the history of the game.

Anything except winning the world series will be a huge dissapoiment for this team. And i belive they will dissapoint you.........Go Mets.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
1. CC Sabathia
2. A.J Burnett
3. Cheing Ming Wang
4. Joba Chamberlain
5. Phil Hughes

thats sick although i would want Chamberlain to set-up rivera and eventually take over as closer

and we replace his 4 spot with Hughes and 5 will be Acever

Paul1355

All Star
The Yankees have the highest-paid first baseman, the highest-paid third baseman, the highest-paid shortstop, the highest-paid catcher, the highest-paid starting pitcher and the highest-paid reliever in the history of the game.

Anything except winning the world series will be a huge dissapoiment for this team. And i belive they will dissapoint you.........Go Mets.

LMFAO talk about dissapointment. The METS are the leaders of choke artist the past two years...can u please stop being in first place and losing it all in September for once?

Mets are one of the richest teams in baseball too...richest in the National league if not top 2.

And the Mets aren't in a division, the best (American league East) with the Rays and Redsox who are top teams in MLB as of right now, and a above .500 team in Toronto.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I love seein all the haters come out when the yankes flex there muscles with the money they got, especially managers/gms of other teams. Yanks have more money then they know what to do with, they don't care what the hell the economic climate is right now, as they shouldn't. They got money, spend it; make use of it. Is it in retrospect somewhat unfair that the yanks are spending 208 mil and rays i think 48, prob, but thats what we get for being NY. And as the Rays proved, you don't need mad money to be good. So quit complaining that they can do it and other teams can't, or how muc these players are getting. fact is the money athletes make has always been outrageously high. no human being is worth 180 mill or w/e arod is, he simply isn't. that money isn't fathomable. but he's going to get it either way.

TunerAddict

Starter
I just fail to see how being rich leads to feelings of accomplishment. If the Yankees win the WS, who cares. They SHOULD. Its when teams like the Rays with a tiny payroll and nonstar players gets there that its actually something to worry about.

Teams like the Yankees, Mets, Cubs, and Red Sox should be in there every year with the money that they spend. No excuses. But it isn't anything to brag about with the money they spend.

Bout time we gave props to the teams that are like the Rays who are the ones that deserve it.

jpz17

Starter
psh, lmao at everyone being jelous... Yankees have a smaller playroll than last year right now, so I don't think they are done yet.. I could see 2 or 3 5-8 mil players being signed!

Paul1355

All Star
I love seein all the haters come out when the yankes flex there muscles with the money they got, especially managers/gms of other teams. Yanks have more money then they know what to do with, they don't care what the hell the economic climate is right now, as they shouldn't. They got money, spend it; make use of it. Is it in retrospect somewhat unfair that the yanks are spending 208 mil and rays i think 48, prob, but thats what we get for being NY. And as the Rays proved, you don't need mad money to be good. So quit complaining that they can do it and other teams can't, or how muc these players are getting. fact is the money athletes make has always been outrageously high. no human being is worth 180 mill or w/e arod is, he simply isn't. that money isn't fathomable. but he's going to get it either way.

The Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball because they won 26 world series and they are the biggest franchise of any team in any sport, so people should stop bythcing about it already. They have the best history and that allowed fans to sell out every single game there. They are in a perfect location to always sell out, thats why there payroll is huge. They attract fans and have a great history that exceeds every other franchise. End of story to the haters.

Akamu

The King
It's baseball but then again it's also a business, whatever sells tickets, get's you championships, you do what you have to.

The Yankees should get my boy Manny, he wants to be home and has been hinting at it. I would watch almost every game if they were to get Manny, he is unreal at the plate, there is no one like him.

I wanted Manny on this team before Tex, I was surprised we shelled out the cash for him but it was the best move to do.

Come on Cashman get Manny on this team!

Pettite stop being a bytch and take the money you were offered!

Paul1355

All Star
It's baseball but then again it's also a business, whatever sells tickets, get's you championships, you do what you have to.

The Yankees should get my boy Manny, he wants to be home and has been hinting at it. I would watch almost every game if they were to get Manny, he is unreal at the plate, there is no one like him.

I wanted Manny on this team before Tex, I was surprised we shelled out the cash for him but it was the best move to do.

Come on Cashman get Manny on this team!

Pettite stop being a bytch and take the money you were offered!
lmao yea i agree with this just that Texiera is more valuable then Manny because of his fielding being a gold glove first baseman. And he's younger but when you compare anyone to Manny, age just means more experience and skill on Manny's part.

Manny is an amazing hitter and will go in the hall of fame for his clutch hitting and if we ever got Manny, having Tex AROD and Manny as a 3,4,5 would be the best baseball has ever seen.