A "Professionals" opinion on our 2010 starting lineup LOL!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/JL III/2008/12/22/NBA_The_2010_New_York_Knicks_Starting_Line_Up

Ok now I like Chris Duhon as much as the next Knick fan but this cat said that he would take him over any PG in the 2010 FA class, namely Steve Nash. Now, maybe Duhon beats out an aging Steve Nash, but he neglected to mention players like TJ Ford who I would take over Duhon on his best day! And again I like Duhon.

Now he has Wilson penciled in as our SG. A major suspect move when you consider that Mike Dantoni sees Wilson as a SF PF tweener, our starting SG is a major stretch

Then he sees Al Harrington as our starting SF. Again this is Dantoni we are talking about, in Dantoni's system Harrington is almost a liability at the SF postion. Not to say that Al Harrington cant play the 3, but just not a solid fit in Mike's system at the 3. Not to mention how much is Al going to want to re-sign for?

Now PF he has Amare....hard to argue that, I mean if Phoenix is not playing well and Amare isnt happy about his role then this move makes sense. But, w/ Dirlk being avaliable that year there is no way Amare is our only option. Dantoni turned Al Harrinton into an All Star calliber player again imagine what Dirk would look like!

Which brings me to who this guy has as our starting Center. The player he feels will fill the void left by Patrick Ewing(whoa!)....Chris Bosh. Now the idea of having both Bosh and Amare on the same frontcourt would be sick. Bosh can step out and hit the 3 making him an ideal fit for Dantoni. But could he really be our Starting Center? Plus Amare and Bosh on the same frontcourt sounds good on paper (so did Curry and Randolph to some) but could it work without one of them becoming primarily a jump shooter? I personally think that we go after Camby that year, who will be much cheaper than Bosh. Imagine Amare and Camby on the same frontcourt....Oh wait we couldve had that but Layden and Cheany had no eye for talent and didnt draft Amare, and on the same night traded Camby away! Ok sorry I'm still bitter about that one!

Final Verdict: This dude doesnt know enough about our team to even be a poster on this site, let alone writting articles on our team. The lineup he composed wins 45-49 wins, and is a middle of the pack sort of squad (think The Nuggets or Rockets the past few seasons).

Sorry I had to pick on this guy, but, I've laid off of taking shots at fellows posters because I think its corny (unless you strike first ofcourse) so I have to release on someone!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Amare-Bosh frontcourt sounds strange, we cant spend nearly all cap space on two guys whose natural positions are PF. It may work out great, or it may be disaster. After we spend 10 years of suking and risky investments, I'd prefer to see $ being put into some sure and simple thing, like Wade+Bron, Bosh+Wade, Bron+Bosh, hell, even Joe Johnson+Lebron. Any coach could make these combinations work

Duhon+Chandler backcourt is a joke. It may be good till 2010, but it's not a championship combo

However, dont get the idea of Camby as starting center either... doesnt sounds like D'Antoni type of guy, + he's 36 in 2010

th3realicon

Rotation player
Bosh and Amare in the same team? That laughable to say the least. They are very different and would struggle to adapt IMO. Is like pairing Shaq with Howard. They are both big men with very different styles. To add to that i don't think Bosh would be a great center in the Mike D. system.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Bosh and Amare in the same team? That laughable to say the least. They are very different and would struggle to adapt IMO. Is like pairing Shaq with Howard. They are both big men with very different styles. To add to that i don't think Bosh would be a great center in the Mike D. system.

word.....LMAO at this "professionals" idea:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
They are very different and would struggle to adapt IMO.

they are too similar imo, that's the problem.
sure their skill set is different, but their limitations are similar, their positions overlap. If one of them was a PF who's really great at 5, like Duncan, or could play jumping in and out of perimeter, like Dirk, then it could work.
But as it is, their main strengths are pretty limited to the 4, which means there would be a spacing problem, which is exactly what D'Antoni tries to avoid with his system
put in Duhon, Chandler, Harrington - all unreliable or inconsistent shooters - and it's a disaster, whole D'Antoni system folds

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/JL III/2008/12/22/NBA_The_2010_New_York_Knicks_Starting_Line_Up

Ok now I like Chris Duhon as much as the next Knick fan but this cat said that he would take him over any PG in the 2010 FA class, namely Steve Nash. Now, maybe Duhon beats out an aging Steve Nash, but he neglected to mention players like TJ Ford who I would take over Duhon on his best day! And again I like Duhon.

Now he has Wilson penciled in as our SG. A major suspect move when you consider that Mike Dantoni sees Wilson as a SF PF tweener, our starting SG is a major stretch

Then he sees Al Harrington as our starting SF. Again this is Dantoni we are talking about, in Dantoni's system Harrington is almost a liability at the SF postion. Not to say that Al Harrington cant play the 3, but just not a solid fit in Mike's system at the 3. Not to mention how much is Al going to want to re-sign for?

Now PF he has Amare....hard to argue that, I mean if Phoenix is not playing well and Amare isnt happy about his role then this move makes sense. But, w/ Dirlk being avaliable that year there is no way Amare is our only option. Dantoni turned Al Harrinton into an All Star calliber player again imagine what Dirk would look like!

Which brings me to who this guy has as our starting Center. The player he feels will fill the void left by Patrick Ewing(whoa!)....Chris Bosh. Now the idea of having both Bosh and Amare on the same frontcourt would be sick. Bosh can step out and hit the 3 making him an ideal fit for Dantoni. But could he really be our Starting Center? Plus Amare and Bosh on the same frontcourt sounds good on paper (so did Curry and Randolph to some) but could it work without one of them becoming primarily a jump shooter? I personally think that we go after Camby that year, who will be much cheaper than Bosh. Imagine Amare and Camby on the same frontcourt....Oh wait we couldve had that but Layden and Cheany had no eye for talent and didnt draft Amare, and on the same night traded Camby away! Ok sorry I'm still bitter about that one!

Final Verdict: This dude doesnt know enough about our team to even be a poster on this site, let alone writting articles on our team. The lineup he composed wins 45-49 wins, and is a middle of the pack sort of squad (think The Nuggets or Rockets the past few seasons).

Sorry I had to pick on this guy, but, I've laid off of taking shots at fellows posters because I think its corny (unless you strike first ofcourse) so I have to release on someone!
Wow! I think the guy we should be picking on is you. First of all, TJ Ford??? Why go after another me me me point guard when we have one who is pass first, not to mention, starting to score... Duhon will be sick in 2010. Not to mention T.J ford, injury prone.

I believe he's right on Chandler.... Harrington, ur probably right.

The thing I found more laughable about ur arguments was Ageing, soft Dirk Notwitzki!!!! Please bro!!!! and over Amare!!! hahahah

Bosh would be an excellent pickup and help downstairs while being a scoring force... Camby???? wow brother... I suggest u stop picking on others and focus on ur lame ass comments first.

Also compariing the eddie curry and zach randolph looked good on paper to what amare and bosh would look like is pure stupidity.... different class of players...

don't do this again, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee....lol

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Bosh/Jeffires
Harrington/Lee
Chandler/Gallinari
Wade/Robinson
Duhon(Look for a PG)

I think this is the most realistic line up. If Lee can play center, D'Antoni will likely start Bosh at center.