Knicks have to do sumthing wit allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i like allen as much as the next guy
but come on the guy is getting paid 100 millon $$ to sit on the bench
trade him for kobe if they get the chance or for like 2 or 3 first round draft picks

they got to take action

aaron

Rookie
With all of the money that the knicks have spent on several average at best players the past 2 years, they should have no problem paying their best player to rehabilitate himself. Not only houston, but the whole knicks team has been hurt in some sense this season. And as for trying to get draft picks for allen houston, it makes no sense to trade a bonified star player, for some draft picks which in all liklihood will not lead to obtaining another all star. With the urgency that thomas has for building a winning team, he won't want to wait around to develop a player for 2-3 years at least. And lastly, Houston has had only 1 injury, the same amount as kobe.

kevin

Benchwarmer
And lastly, Houston has had only 1 injury, the same amount as kobe.

But Houston has missed almost a third of the games the Knicks have played. Kobe hasn't missed nearly as much. Obviously Kobe would be better in NY than Houston, although Houston is a very good player. I think Houston works in Phil Jackson's triangle offense than Kobe since Allan has no game off the dribble and they don't really want anyone going into shaqs territory down low. I really hope Houston comes back soon we will not do anything if we even get into the playoffs without him.

JJtheKnick

Starter
listen

houston said he might miss the rest of the season he gets a lil bump from the other player and hes out for the rest of the season come on hes not the allen housten i know hes not the housten from the 90's
but if it was possable for housten to be healthy and play good again i would want no trades to take place even trade housten for kobe
i love allen housten but his time as passed :sweat:

Swishfm3

Rookie
Forget about those Kobe for Houston trades

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!! Let's be realistic ok.....Do you actually BELIEVE that Kobe for Houston is a fair trade?

okokokokokokokok

what about Houston AND KURT THOMAS for Kobe.....is that a fair trade?

HELL NO!!!!!

Houston is getting to retire a Knick.....the sooner you accept that, the sooner you live a healthy and long life

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think housten will be trade i dont know for who but look at isah thomes keith van horn was traded and all housten is doing for the knicks rite now is wasteing money i say this

in the off season get surgry come back play
and then if housten is bicthing about his knee again ethir retire or we trade him

WiL8000

Rotation player
Why aren't we talking about getting rid of players like Shandon Anderson, or Moochie Norris, Houston is a franchise player. Scrubs like the first two I named need to be eliminated from the roster, thats what will help the rotation, not getting rid of Houston.

JJtheKnick

Starter
first of all shanon aderson is a good bench player
second housten is an all star he is mad good
but hes not healthy and he can hardly play any more
we have to look in tot eh future not the past

WiL8000

Rotation player
JJ, this isn't Antonio that we're talking about. This is Houston, the man hasn't had much trouble health-wise, until this year, give the guy a break. If he gets the rest he needs over the summer, next year he'll be fine. We need a player like Houston to spread the defense for the Knicks, no other player does that for this team.

aaron

Rookie
If you ask me the knicks have been making moves that seem like they are looking for today and not the future. Shandon anderson is POOR. Houston should at least be given some time to come back before he is to quickly tossed away, like van horn. Houston probably reaggrivated his injury because of the intense pressure for him to quickly come back to the court. Once he has a long sufficient rehabilitation period, I'm sure that he will come back healthy and ready to lead the team. The knicks need a player like houston that not only helps the team with his scoring and play, but also acts as a leader for the other players. Granted that Marbury has taken on the leadership role for the knicks, but with no one else on the team to lead with marbury, he is many times faced with trying to do too much to help the team, and we have seen the effects of that already this season. Even if it takes the knicks not making the playoffs, the knicks and Thomas may have to learn that sometimes you have to lose in order to win later on.

JJtheKnick

Starter
ok once again shandon aderson is good have u been watching him take the place of housten he is getting like 15 pts a game and hes the knicks best deffender

how bout this let housten rest for the rest of the season and try to come back for the playoffs
if he cant ok sooo we wait till next season so he can get surgry in the summer but wat if he still hurts and his 38-40 min a game turn to 20-25 min a game then what
hes not the allen housten at 23 anymore hes allen housten at 33 with a bum knee

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't think that Houston will ever play 38-40 min games again. But he can still contribute 15 or more points a game in 25-35 mins easy, if he's healthy. Sure he's 33, but he's not 39. I think he has another good 3 years of playing ahead of him, 4 if he's lucky. He deserves to retire a Knick.

kevin

Benchwarmer
First of all I would like to say is that Shandon Anderson is terrible and he his no use to this roster. He has not been averaging 15 points as a starter, maybe in 5th grade he did but he is a very bad offensive player but I have to say he is the knicks best perimeter defender. I still believe Kurt is the best defender on the team. I don't really know what to say about Houston, I feel bad for him but I think he can play but he is waiting to be 100%. Face it Allen you will never be 100% at this time in your career, you will have to play through it. We need you to spread the court and make the jumper for us. Then when you dissapear in the fourth quarter like you always do, Demarr should take over. Demarr has been averaging 12 points in his last 4 games he should be starting when either Tim or allen are injured.

Get rid of Anderson, Mooch, Othella and Mutombo for some desent players who are actually of some kind of use. I do like Othella because he atleast tries everynight no matter how many minutes he gets.

knicks better beat detroit

JJtheKnick

Starter
allen played yesterday but he played for only 8 min he says hes ok but then for running on it for 8 min it hurts again he just trying to show isah that he can play but he cant hes to old allen is very good but not health and shandon aderson is good i and care wat any 1 says just look at his defence and his 3 pointers is improved

WiL8000

Rotation player
Listen, DerMarr Johnson should start over Anderson. I've been more impressed with Moochie Norris than Shandon lately. I'm not saying that he can't play D, but other teams don't respect him at the perimeter, and clog up the paint, making it harder for the other Knicks in the lane. If Shandon plays, he needs to make more of his playing time to convince me.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yo JJ:
use the forum features to delete or edit your posts. don't post the same thing 3 times in a row!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
ok shandon anderson can shoot the 3 now and he can defened he is a good bench player

we lost yesterday cause of housten y cant he just play he has been playing with pain for the beging of the season y cant he now

Status
Not open for further replies.