View Poll Results: Will Harrington get out of his slump tonight vs. the T'Wolves?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • I don't know

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread 12/26/2008

KnicksonLIN.com

Default New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread 12/26/2008

New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread
    (11-16) (4-23)

Albert Harrington and the Knicks
    ---->leads team 19.9 points, 6.6 rebounds

vs.

Al Jefferson and the Timberwolves
    ---->leads team 22.2 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2 blocks

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>The Knicks are currently on a 4 game losing streak. They have losses against the Suns, Lakers, Bucks, and Celtics. Their record has dropped to 11-16, so they cannot afford to lose tonight against the sub .200 T'Wolves. Al Harrington has played poorly his last 4 games; he really needs to come out strong, if the Knicks want to come out victorious.

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>The Timberwolves are currently in a rebuilding mode. They recently fired their coach, Randy Wittman, and their new coach is Kevin McHale. He is currently trying to find a way to get the team to win games, but they do not seem to be improving. The Timberwolves look to snap their 13 game losing streak against the Knicks.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>Nate Robinson has really turned it on, since returning from his injury. Here's Robinson's numbers, over the last 4 games:

26 points, 48&#37; fg, 96% FT, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.7 steals

Key Matchup:

David Lee

vs.

Al Jefferson

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>David Lee is going to have his hands full tonight, as he takes on the All Star caliber Jefferson. Lee is going to have to front Jefferson, so that he doesn't have the opportunity to post up. Lee's also going to have to execute the pick and roll, if he hopes to contain Jefferson.

Prediction:

Timberwolves 97
    Knicks 93

Starting Lineups:

PG Foye
    SG Miller
    SF Smith
    PF Gomes
    C Jefferson

PG Duhon
    SG Richardson
    SF Chandler
    PF Harrington
    C Lee

Song of the day:

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbpEgQvfw0A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>[/youtube]</P>

Remember to tune in @ 7:30 P.M. EST for Friday night's game

Nyk Logo

good thread ABCD, i really hope the knicks can get outta this slump their currently in, minnesota isnt the best team out there so it shouldnt be that hard. We need harrington to have a strong game and break his slump. overall should be a good game at the garden on friday, im predicting a win, and for the poll i voted for "yes."

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

SICK THREAD abcd! your best one to date, and good song selection one of my alltime favorites life goes on..........but back to the game we cant lose this one, but i agree with you we will somehow find a way to lose this game i see Chandler and Harrington busting out of their slumps but our defense will hurt us more importantly Jefferson will hurt us it'll be a close one throughout whoever makes the stops down the stretch will come out with the win.....again kudos on the thread abcd

Nice thread abcd but how can you predict a Knicks home loss to the T'wolves?! Thinking about that is just depressing :P

Great Thread ABCD and I may need that song to bring me back if we lose this one!

Good question about Al, it would appear when we he is hot we are blowing teams out, if not.....well then a team like Minny could play us tough. With that said I think Al has a pretty good game something like 7-16 shooting 3-8 from 3 and 4 of 4 from the FT line and we take this one by 12 or so.

This is not a "must win" in the sense that our season will be lost if we dont win, but, if we're going to catch .500 it has to start with the next three games. Minny is a game we should get; giving that we did knock off Utah,Detroit and played the Lakers solid it is realistic that we knock off Denver and we should also beat Charlotte. That would bring us back to 14 and 16 and right there at the 9th in the East.

The good thing is other than The Bucks, The Knicks have done good in beating teams in games they should win, lets hope that holds up against Minny!

Al drops 30 and the knicks win by 15.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Al drops 30 and the knicks win by 15.
    Al Jefferson???

the twolves seem to be even worse than last season, we usually defeat teams that we are supposed to beat, so im guessing this will be an easy victory. can wait for the games on christmas theres gonna be so many good ones

We have been crushing bad defensive teams, so this one should be a win. Hopefully Al Harrington can have a bounce back game, get out of the funk he's been in.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Al Jefferson???
    no man, AL HARRINGTON!

I don't know about Al Harrington having a breakout game, but I expect the Knicks to beat this team, they've got a horrible record. Knicks by 15, in my opinion.

I agree we should be able to handle the wolves and beat em in a blow out. But they got a lot of young cats like Jefferson, Foye , Mccants who can get hot so we gotta make sure we jump on them from the beginning. If we do that I can see this game being similar to the one in Sacto. I also think these four days off are gonna help some of our injuries, especially Duhon and Lee.

i predict a blowout loss to minny....judging by the teams we beat, our style, and the twolves lack of putting up a fight when they are down, knicks - 125
    t-wolves - 105

We got this game easy. I believe our run and gun play will be much effective today. The T=Wolves are a good young team and chances are we can outsmart them.

Veteran

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    We got this game easy. .
    easy??? we sux.. when is the last time we had an 'easy' game..

[QUOTE=th3realicon;77812 The T=Wolves are a good young team .[/QUOTE]

they got 4 wins... how good can they be???