View Poll Results: Will Harrington get out of his slump tonight vs. the T'Wolves?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • I don't know

3 17.65%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread 12/26/2008

terrible game. lost to a worst team in the league. no excuses here. knicks seem to be going down hill fast. jefferies is worthless besides a once in a while charge he'll take. very low point

Wow, that was just terrible. Not sure how I managed to watch the whole thing without gouging my eyes out. Our defense was non-existent and our offense was just one-on-one basketball. The post-game show has the feel of a funeral. This was last season basketball and they've got to shape up, we face the Nuggets on Sunday, and this kind of play will get us blown out by 40 against them.

This game was typical Knicks of the past couple years. Get down big, come back a little but never enough. Loseing to a 4-23 team at home is terrible. I was gonna go to this game tonight, Thank God I didnt waste my money to see that.

Oh and Jared Jeffries is just awful. I get so angry when this idiot is trying to go one on one when Nate and Harrington are on the court. Dude needs to never get the ball and when he does he needs to pass the rock off. Hes horrible

good win...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

awful loss i cant believe we lost this game and in the fashion we did it in, we BETTER win sunday....or the playoffs will only be a fantasy even though we in the east we cant afford to keep losing

Telfair was great today.....thats the way to rep Brooklyn!

and he might be a knick

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

we do need guard help

boston is losing to friggin GSW now lol
    looks like they went into christmas mode

man this might sound stupid and knowin ya im a get critique but man we need curry....in that 2nd quarter where we couldnt hit a perimeter shot, it would be good to throw into curry similar to what minnesota did today wit al jefferson, and plus david lee cant guard none of these big PFs or Cs

and al man, when he drives in, he makes things happen, dude shoot too many 3's
    Last edited by datruth; Dec 27, 2008 at 00:34.

I agree that having curry inside would help the offense but if you think david Lee cant guard the big guys... good luck finding help in that department from Curry. He plays little to no defense ever

Originally Posted by trueOrangeandBlue
    I agree that having curry inside would help the offense but if you think david Lee cant guard the big guys... good luck finding help in that department from Curry. He plays little to no defense ever
    curry adds size, they cant push em around and believe it or not, currry is feared more then david lee

oh of course. I don't care who you are, if we have Curry and his size etc on the court we'll be a better team..it's been so long since we've had a center we've ( or at least I ) have forgot what it's like to have a big man..even if curry is bad, we'll be able to use him in presence and to draw in doubles etc..the sooner the better...I still want to trade him once he gets playin, for another big guy, but i think we'll def win some more games with him back in the line up. D Lee just isn't the dominate big guy type. Not meant for that role. Perhaps Curry will give us a well needed boost or mixup w.e...

But playin like we did tonight, nothing gon help us. ehh Telfairs good, not great. he's more of a story then anything else to me...as someone said above, we play like we did tonight, against ANY team in the league, we go lose by 30 every night. Things better change for sunday..

I fell asleep, so I had to watch the replay. What can I say? ABCD is a psychic, got it almost exactly right: Knicks lost by 14, 1 point more than what ABCD said they'd lose by.

It's a shame, because they really should have beat this team. It seemed like a gimme. Too bad for Duhon, also. I busted my eye, this past summer, playing in a summer league tournament. It's really a common injury in basketball, in case some of you don't know. If you look at closeups of most NBA players, you'll see that they have scars around their eyes. So, if it's something you want to avoid, wear goggles, as I do now.

As for the Knicks, as they say, there's always next time.

Yeah, Curry could definitely help us. We need some size, hopefully he can get in shape. D'antoni sounded optimistic when he was talking about him coming back, maybe when he comes back he'll give more effort on defense.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    awful loss i cant believe we lost this game and in the fashion we did it in, we BETTER win sunday....or the playoffs will only be a fantasy even though we in the east we cant afford to keep losing

Telfair was great today.....thats the way to rep Brooklyn!

and he might be a knick

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

we do need guard help
    These scrubs on the T-Wolves all looked like all-stars tonight. Telfair looked a lot better than he actually is. I doubt he comes here anyway, Starbury is his cousin, too much bad blood. Plus, since realgm reported it, it definitely won't happen lol.

Originally Posted by Knicker23
    terrible game. lost to a worst team in the league. no excuses here. knicks seem to be going down hill fast. jefferies is worthless besides a once in a while charge he'll take. very low point

I'll tell you what, I'm living on the other side of the Atlantic and being up at 4 on the morning to watch such a misery is starting to piss me off for real. I feel hopeless with this Knicks now. Often they give you hope (like the west coast trip and the pretty good start they had so far) and then we just fall apart for no reason, lose our basketball, lose our hope, lose our fighting spirit, lose faith, I dunno what's damn wrong with this team really, it's been years that we are losing that kind of it's-just-gift games.
    Plus every direct opponent for the 8th seed just lost and of course we did too (except for the raptors). It's a habit, I should I have known that, I don't know why I'm still waking up in the middle of the night like that I feel like a complete idiot, ashamed of my team, I feel like I'm loosing my time and now my money with this league pass...

I'm flying to NY within a month now, going to the Garden to watch 10 games like last year but I think it's the last time I'll do that and save my money for something usefull next time, if I hadn't bought these tickets in september I would have quit on the season after this particular game I tell you. It's enough for me. C'mon the wolves just lost 13 in a row !! please ! c'mon !

I've never understood the "hype" around Jeffries, this guy can't just shoot nothing, just give you a spark some times and that's it. And that's when he is "healthy", if possible JJ can ever be healthy for real one day.

And now LeBron is going to resign with the cavs.....

Damn, I'm just hopeless. Hopeless.

Veteran

jeffries got to be one of the ****ty players in the nba.. imo his "D" which is his claim to fame blows.. forget about any "O" from him... and his stupid facial expressions.. move over sam casell there is someone uglier then you...

Palm Coast, Florida... formerly the playgrounds of Queens

Right now Curry is our only viable option...we can't go on with a seven man rotation, especially with the uptempo style. With Zack gone the post will be all Curry"s. Mike D's style is all about outscoring teams, defense is an after thought.