New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread 12/26/2008

Will Harrington get out of his slump tonight vs. the T'Wolves?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New York Knicks vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Thread
(11-16) (4-23)
nyk_logo.gif
NBA_MIN-a1b2a.png

madison-square-garden.jpg

act_al_harrington.jpg

Albert Harrington and the Knicks
---->leads team 19.9 points, 6.6 rebounds

vs.

nba-awards-al-jefferson.jpg

Al Jefferson and the Timberwolves
---->leads team 22.2 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2 blocks

nyk_logo.gif

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>The Knicks are currently on a 4 game losing streak. They have losses against the Suns, Lakers, Bucks, and Celtics. Their record has dropped to 11-16, so they cannot afford to lose tonight against the sub .200 T'Wolves. Al Harrington has played poorly his last 4 games; he really needs to come out strong, if the Knicks want to come out victorious.

NBA_MIN-a1b2a.png

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>The Timberwolves are currently in a rebuilding mode. They recently fired their coach, Randy Wittman, and their new coach is Kevin McHale. He is currently trying to find a way to get the team to win games, but they do not seem to be improving. The Timberwolves look to snap their 13 game losing streak against the Knicks.

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT
Spotlight.jpg

act_nate_robinson.jpg

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>Nate Robinson has really turned it on, since returning from his injury. Here's Robinson's numbers, over the last 4 games:

26 points, 48% fg, 96% FT, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.7 steals

Key Matchup:
key460.jpg

user1195_1171688651.jpg

David Lee

vs.

340x.jpg

Al Jefferson

<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.3 (Win32)" name=GENERATOR><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </STYLE>David Lee is going to have his hands full tonight, as he takes on the All Star caliber Jefferson. Lee is going to have to front Jefferson, so that he doesn't have the opportunity to post up. Lee's also going to have to execute the pick and roll, if he hopes to contain Jefferson.

Prediction:
crystal_ball2_bmwPreview.jpg

Timberwolves 97
Knicks 93

Starting Lineups:
NBA_MIN-a1b2a.png

PG Foye
SG Miller
SF Smith
PF Gomes
C Jefferson

nyk_logo.gif

PG Duhon
SG Richardson
SF Chandler
PF Harrington
C Lee

Song of the day:

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JbpEgQvfw0A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>[/youtube]</P>

Remember to tune in @ 7:30 P.M. EST for Friday night's game

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
good thread ABCD, i really hope the knicks can get outta this slump their currently in, minnesota isnt the best team out there so it shouldnt be that hard. We need harrington to have a strong game and break his slump. overall should be a good game at the garden on friday, im predicting a win, and for the poll i voted for "yes."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
SICK THREAD abcd! your best one to date, and good song selection one of my alltime favorites life goes on..........but back to the game we cant lose this one, but i agree with you we will somehow find a way to lose this game i see Chandler and Harrington busting out of their slumps but our defense will hurt us more importantly Jefferson will hurt us it'll be a close one throughout whoever makes the stops down the stretch will come out with the win.....again kudos on the thread abcd

smokes

Huge Member
Nice thread abcd but how can you predict a Knicks home loss to the T'wolves?! Thinking about that is just depressing :p

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great Thread ABCD and I may need that song to bring me back if we lose this one!

Good question about Al, it would appear when we he is hot we are blowing teams out, if not.....well then a team like Minny could play us tough. With that said I think Al has a pretty good game something like 7-16 shooting 3-8 from 3 and 4 of 4 from the FT line and we take this one by 12 or so.

This is not a "must win" in the sense that our season will be lost if we dont win, but, if we're going to catch .500 it has to start with the next three games. Minny is a game we should get; giving that we did knock off Utah,Detroit and played the Lakers solid it is realistic that we knock off Denver and we should also beat Charlotte. That would bring us back to 14 and 16 and right there at the 9th in the East.

The good thing is other than The Bucks, The Knicks have done good in beating teams in games they should win, lets hope that holds up against Minny!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the twolves seem to be even worse than last season, we usually defeat teams that we are supposed to beat, so im guessing this will be an easy victory. can wait for the games on christmas :) theres gonna be so many good ones

JayJ44

Starter
We have been crushing bad defensive teams, so this one should be a win. Hopefully Al Harrington can have a bounce back game, get out of the funk he's been in.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I don't know about Al Harrington having a breakout game, but I expect the Knicks to beat this team, they've got a horrible record. Knicks by 15, in my opinion.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
I agree we should be able to handle the wolves and beat em in a blow out. But they got a lot of young cats like Jefferson, Foye , Mccants who can get hot so we gotta make sure we jump on them from the beginning. If we do that I can see this game being similar to the one in Sacto. I also think these four days off are gonna help some of our injuries, especially Duhon and Lee.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i predict a blowout loss to minny....judging by the teams we beat, our style, and the twolves lack of putting up a fight when they are down, knicks - 125
t-wolves - 105

th3realicon

Rotation player
We got this game easy. I believe our run and gun play will be much effective today. The T=Wolves are a good young team and chances are we can outsmart them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
easy??? we sux.. when is the last time we had an 'easy' game.

Word. The Knicks have a great chance to win this game, but it's not going to be easy. The Knicks have blown a lot of big leads this year.

they got 4 wins... how good can they be???

The Timberwolves suck, but Al Jefferson has talent. His post up moves are deadly, and he has good range for a center. The Knicks would be in the playoffs for sure, if they had him.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
4-23? DAMN!!! With our offense I see a pretty easy game for us until the fourth when minny makes a comeback. We still win, 128-112. Harrington drops 50 easy. Gomes aint gonna contain him. No way.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Knicks need to start winning these types of games. i love how Dantoni talked about at the end of last game how you know, 'we haven't been full strength in long time, it'll be good for jerry to be back'..gtfo here. jeffereies being 100% healthy ain't go do shit. and for that matter, neither will roberson, rose, or james. thus we gota look to the guys playing right now to play more consistent / better

After four losses in a row the Knicks are goin out to get the W for sure tonight. The T-wolves are 4-23 wich is awful. Games like these are must wins if D'antoni is serious about making the playoffs. The T-wolves have dropped 13 straight games in a row, and mostly to very good teams. I want to see the knicks dominate tonight. Long time off to rest up and make sure they get a win. GO KNICKS :gony: