Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks 12/26 1:00pm

Originally Posted by knicklover
    At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.

He's basically a rookie, it'll take some time. He takes some bad shots, but it's part of the growing process. It's way too early to say he can't be an important part of the offense. He's shown a lot of promise, you have to be patient with young players like him.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    He's basically a rookie, it'll take some time. He takes some bad shots, but it's part of the growing process. It's way too early to say he can't be an important part of the offense. He's shown a lot of promise, you have to be patient with young players like him.
    I realize he's a rookie and we have to be patient, but he doesn't even understand that he's taking terrible shots after the fact. This guy should almost never take a 3 point shot. He stinks at them. It's not that hard to explain that to him. He's losing games for us now with his terrible shot selection. It's not even like he's only taking wide open ones, he's taking contested ones with time still on the clock. He should be benched until it gets through his thick head.

Chandler looks like he's probably be around on the Knicks max five years if not less

OKAY

I watched the last quarter and let me tell you that the Knicks will never win a damn game if they keep having Q Brick, Chandler and anyone else missing open easy shots that a child can make. And let Duhon shoot when no one is making anything because he actually scores when we need the shots and he has a better outside shot than most of our team.

AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLAY SOME DEFENSE, THE KNICKS SUCK AT DEFENSE.

Its SIMPLE put a hand up in the guys face, contest the shots, which the Knicks do 1 out of every 10 shots. Don't give them so much room to shoot that it becomes a shooting frenzy for the opposing team. he Knicks never, NEVER give the opposing team defensive pressure. The only guys that play tight D are Nate and Duhon because of their stamina and athleticism allows them to play tight with out loosing a breath.

As of right now

Knicks Defense = F

Q Rich, Chandler shooting= F

Lee's ability to play defense in the post = F

Jeffries actually making an impact= D

Harrington= Needs to improve his shooting % but he is doing okay...B for Harrington

Nate= A so far because if there is any uptempo offense on this team, it is fueled by Nate Robinson. The rest of the team plays half court ball and passes up open mid range shots for the long threes. Absolutely horrible.

I realize he's a rookie and we have to be patient, but he doesn't even understand that he's taking terrible shots after the fact. This guy should almost never take a 3 point shot. He stinks at them. It's not that hard to explain that to him. He's losing games for us now with his terrible shot selection. It's not even like he's only taking wide open ones, he's taking contested ones with time still on the clock. He should be benched until it gets through his thick head.
    He's actually not usually that bad a shooter when he's open. But the whole team takes bad shots. It's a bad habit, but it doesn't mean he's a bad player. We haven't been losing because Chandler has been taking bad shots. We've been losing because our defense sucks.

Right now, the entire team and D'Antoni are getting on my nerves, it hearts a lot to see such a crappy performance every night, not only on defense, but on offense as well, they select stupid shots a lot of times.
    I have one question for Walsh: what will happen to the Knicks if Bosh, Wade and James re-sign with their teams or sign for others?

He's actually not usually that bad a shooter when he's open. But the whole team takes bad shots. It's a bad habit, but it doesn't mean he's a bad player. We haven't been losing because Chandler has been taking bad shots. We've been losing because our defense sucks.
    Chandler shooting 30% every game is his to blame....he passes up easy mid range shots that he makes, and never drives to the basket, and when he does drive he never finishes and blows an easy close shot.

He has to work on his game and stop THINKING SO MUCH. He is a head case, clear Alex Rodriquez syndrome going on with Chandler this year. We all saw in the summer league and pre season how he dominated, because there was no pressure to win. Now there is pressure, and he is a starter and he can't make easy shots and make good descisions and play aggressive because he is too nervous.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Chandler shooting 30% every game is his to blame....he passes up easy mid range shots that he makes, and never drives to the basket, and when he does drive he never finishes and blows an easy close shot.

He has to work on his game and stop THINKING SO MUCH. He is a head case, clear Alex Rodriquez syndrome going on with Chandler this year. We all saw in the summer league and pre season how he dominated, because there was no pressure to win. Now there is pressure, and he is a starter and he can't make easy shots and make good descisions and play aggressive because he is too nervous.
    no that is not the case, if he was nervous u would see em pass up open shots, i think the problem is that the offense is too free, cuz wilson is still shootin wit no hesitation

Wilson played awful...

I agree that our major team problem is defense, but as an individual, Chandler is being ridiculous on the offensive end. Even guys like Jason Kapono and Ray Allen shouldn't be shooting nine 3 pointers in a night. For a guy that is terrible at them to be shooting so many is unforgivable because it so darn stupid and because it's so easy to correct. The coach simply needs to say "Wilson, don't ever shoot 3 pointer unless the clock is about to expire or you will be benched indefinitely". If that doesn't fix the problem, then we don't want him anyway because he's an idiot.

Fixing the defense is going to take a lot of time.

By the way, who ever said that Robinson is playing good defense should pay attention to how mant times he's goes under the pick and leaves his man wide open for a 3 pointer that puts a dagger in our heart. Robinson tries hard in some ways, buy he's a huge liability in other ways and should be a bench player.

I agree that our major team problem is defense, but as an individual, Chandler is being ridiculous on the offensive end. Even guys like Jason Kapono and Ray Allen shouldn't be shooting nine 3 pointers in a night. For a guy that is terrible at them to be shooting so many is unforgivable because it so darn stupid and because it's so easy to correct. The coach simply needs to say "Wilson, don't ever shoot 3 pointer unless the clock is about to expire or you will be benched indefinitely". If that doesn't fix the problem, then we don't want him anyway because he's an idiot.

Fixing the defense is going to take a lot of time.

By the way, who ever said that Robinson is playing good defense should pay attention to how mant times he's goes under the pick and leaves his man wide open for a 3 pointer that puts a dagger in our heart. Robinson tries hard in some ways, buy he's a huge liability in other ways and should be a bench player.
    I agree, he shouldn't be taking so many 3 pointers. And he knows it, he always says in those interviews that he needs to get to the free throw line more. It's a part of getting used to the NBA game, he'll get it soon.

Default No D' vs D'enver

Hey, the whole No-D'Antoni offense is based on taking 3's, you can't blame Chandler for being part of the 7 second-party. I remember Harrington saying he'd be driving more, but he's still chucking 3's. And Q-Thug remains as inconsistent as ever, yet another game where he was invisible or disappeared. At times the Knicks passed the ball efficiently, but somehow after 6 passes, we still got a shiddy shot off. I agree Chandler is thinking too much, but this game is 1/2 confidence, I think he'll improve as time goes on. I liked the idea of him starting at guard, keeping Q on the bench. This game came down to D and lack of it; as GoKnicksDLee predicted (excellent pics/thread btw) Carmelo Hitler played better than Chandler down the stretch, and that was the d'ifference. I think D'Antonio realizes (by starting Jeffries and TimTom) that without D', we stand no chance against anyone.

Veteran

At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.
    Knicklover, being that u r the one that started all this about Wilson Chandler u r the one (to be Herb).

Chandlers a second year player getting his rookie playingtime under a confuse misguided organization and coaching-staff with 3rd tier veterans calling the shots.
    At the start of the season Chandler were positioned as the PF....this game vs Denver Chandler were positioned as the SG vs the best defensive PG (Billups) in the NBA (how did you expect Chandler decision making to react vs Billups, Carter, Balkman, and Melo?).
    Chandler is still look at by his teammates as the rookie this season....if the headcoach is not going to say anything about Chandler shooting 1-9 from the 3-point position maybe, just maybe the coach would rather have Chandler shooting 3's than Harrington, Thomas, and Q.Rich.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Knicklover, being that u r the one that started all this about Wilson Chandler u r the one (to be Herb).

Chandlers a second year player getting his rookie playingtime under a confuse misguided organization and coaching-staff with 3rd tier veterans calling the shots.
    At the start of the season Chandler were positioned as the PF....this game vs Denver Chandler were positioned as the SG vs the best defensive PG (Billups) in the NBA (how did you expect Chandler decision making to react vs Billups, Carter, Balkman, and Melo?).
    Chandler is still look at by his teammates as the rookie this season....if the headcoach is not going to say anything about Chandler shooting 1-9 from the 3-point position maybe, just maybe the coach would rather have Chandler shooting 3's than Harrington, Thomas, and Q.Rich.
    This is all nonsense.

Chandler has some very good attributes and one of them is his versatility. Not too long ago I thought he was on his way to being an all-star caliber player or close. He has no excuse for being stupid enough to shoot nine 3 pointers when he can't hit the ocean to begin with.

And for your benefit, we finally have a great organization. That's party why we are so bad this year. All the moves they are making now are geared towards long term success instead of winning this year. I have no problem with that because I would actually like to win a championship in the 2010-2014 period instead using the tried and failed strategy of idiots like Isiah Thomas that try to improve the team now at the expense of the long term.

All that said though, there is no reason for our young players to continue doing stupid things. It is statistically obvious that Chandler is a bricklayer from the 3 point range and that guys like Thomas, Harrington, and even Qbrick, while not great, are better. Until such time that Chanlder can hit the ocean (if ever), he should simply pass the ball every time he has it out there or take it to the hoop, shoot midrange, get fouled etc.... Shooting from 3 is stupid if he's the one doing it and it's an easy problem to correct.
    Last edited by knicklover; Dec 28, 2008 at 19:04.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Hey, the whole No-D'Antoni offense is based on taking 3's, you can't blame Chandler for being part of the 7 second-party. I remember Harrington saying he'd be driving more, but he's still chucking 3's. And Q-Thug remains as inconsistent as ever, yet another game where he was invisible or disappeared. At times the Knicks passed the ball efficiently, but somehow after 6 passes, we still got a shiddy shot off. I agree Chandler is thinking too much, but this game is 1/2 confidence, I think he'll improve as time goes on. I liked the idea of him starting at guard, keeping Q on the bench. This game came down to D and lack of it; as GoKnicksDLee predicted (excellent pics/thread btw) Carmelo Hitler played better than Chandler down the stretch, and that was the d'ifference. I think D'Antonio realizes (by starting Jeffries and TimTom) that without D', we stand no chance against anyone.

I understand that 7 seconds or less is geared towards shooting a lot of 3s, but you don't see David Lee chucking up 3s do you? That's because he knows he's only efficient shooting around the basket. He's smart. So instead of going 6-19 on a regular basis, he hits 55% or more of his shots and makes a positive and consistent contribution almost every night. I'd rather Chandler score 10-12 points night on 4-8 or 5-10 shooting than to see him hit 40% of his FGA and shoot less than 30% from 3 point land because on his bad nights (which are way too frequent) he's going to kill us.