David Lee: "Our Defense has got to get better"

well, either way the point I was trying to make that turned into craziness is that LEE does not deserve big name money because he is not all around talented enough he is one dimensional, he rebounds very well, every other aspect of his game is suspect, if you want to argue with me thats fine, but truly you cant name one other part of his game other than rebounding that he is truly excellent at. and DO NOT POINT OUT THAT HE HUSTLES your in the NBA if you want to excel you have to hustle, no one should be given a pat on the back in this league for hustling, your supposed to hustle if not well....then your the new york knicks.

clumsy

Rotation player
Lee is very overrated and it's hard to say whether he will get traded or not. A player that will always be a fan favorite. I like him, but i don't think he is necessary to our future and really hope he does not get a retardedly bloated contract due to 7SOL

A good comparison for David Lee is Arturo Gatti. He's good, but not quite good enough to be considered great and gets his card pulled all the time by superior athletes. I can definiitely see why fans root so hard for these two...their heart is shown night in and night out...they just weren't good enough to get to an elite level...so as fans we shouldn't put them their.

A similar argument is how people think Duhon is the savior. He's playing well, but lets be serious he is not a 12 and 8 player on any other team.

Lee is very overrated and it's hard to say whether he will get traded or not. A player that will always be a fan favorite. I like him, but i don't think he is necessary to our future and really hope he does not get a retardedly bloated contract due to 7SOL

A good comparison for David Lee is Arturo Gatti. He's good, but not quite good enough to be considered great and gets his card pulled all the time by superior athletes. I can definiitely see why fans root so hard for these two...their heart is shown night in and night out...they just weren't good enough to get to an elite level...so as fans we shouldn't put them their.

A similar argument is how people think Duhon is the savior. He's playing well, but lets be serious he is not a 12 and 8 player on any other team.

CO-SIGN

This season is a figment of every ones imagination, the problem is Walsh and Mike D put the writing on the wall from day one, I clearly remember during training camp the both of them said, this is a team that we are building for the future "we have our circle, if you are in our circle then show it, if not then your not a part of the future" Duhon and Lee and Nate and Chandler and every one else are all trying out for the future of the knicks, if they dont show and prove then they are gone, if they do, then they are simply "role players" to stand by the superior players we will have in the future, No way is Walsh giving nate or LEe or any one else on this squad an all star salary when not one is an all star.

thank you clumsy finally some one on this site who debates with logic, not harsh personal rancor.

clumsy

Rotation player
i will say this in defense of Lee. It's not like he doesn't have any talent and is all hard work.

A good example of that is Adam Morrison. He is really the definition of someone who was not physically gifted enough to perform in the NBA.