can we some how get rudy fernandez?

I've watched this dude a couple of times,and to me, he's was born to play in D'Antoni's offense.though i would hate to see lee or chandler go;
(cause they're the most complete basketball players this team has)
it's probably gonna take one or the other for the knicks to get fernandez.
i think fernandez is the kinda talent that is gonna exploded the minute he ain't
warming roy's seat on the bench.so personally I would trade either lee or chandler for fernandez.:gony:

JayJ44

Starter
I would love to see him a Knick. Also, Jerryd Bayless, he's barely played this year, maybe they would give him up. It would cost us a lot though. If there's anything to be done, I'm sure Donnie's doing the best he can. I doubt Portland trades away talents like them though.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i dont follow Blazers' needs, but my guess is, we cant

Blazers wouldnt want Lee for cap reasons - they got a lot of their own good guys waiting for big money soon

Gallinari is one piece that Blazers may want, but i wouldnt want that. Gallo is too young and too talented to give up. and Walsh wouldnt trade him injured anyway, the value is just too low
Blazers would sure like our future picks, but - no ty

as for Chandler, he's just not good enough to get one of top rooks like Rudy. sure Chandler's stats are good, and he's younger than Rudy, but a lot of stats comes from D'Antoni and being shorthanded. Rudy is far more skilled and experienced player than Chandler, and already an important piece of a good team
Blazers wouldnt want to break the chemistry unless they truly upgrade their talent. Chandler doesnt provide that

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
its going be interesting to see how they handle all their young players cuz they cant keep them all

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Its funny since Rudy Fernandez was actually drafted by the Phoenix Suns in 2007 and his draft rights were sent to Portland. D'Antoni could of coach him instead the Suns did not want to add payroll to their team. Suns also drafted pg Rodriguez from Spain in 2006 and traded his rights to Blazers.

Having said all that there is no way Portland trades Rudy at this point. He is young, athletic, tremendous shooter and has a great basketball IQ. He was lights out in the Olympics in 08 versus the US. I would love to have him on the Knicks as this team desperately needs smart players like this. Ricky Rubio is another Spaniard that the Knicks could obtain in this years draft. He is rated as a lock top 3 at this point in the draft.

Dammit I wish Gallinari will suit up soon, I'm dying to see this kid play. I been a Knick fan since 1990 and we have never had a player of this magnitude with so much versatility. I see him as a Toni Kukoc type of player but possesing a mean streak. I never seen him play other than the training camp he got injured in. I think he won't be a superstar but a great complimentary player to our expected free agent crop of 2010.

First time post, greetings everybody
Go Knicks

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would love Fernandez on our team but thats highly unlikely, and instead of us trying so hard to get Rodriguez why dont we pursue Bayless? he's got tons of talent and could be a nice 2gaurd for us and will be a nice player in this system and he's not playing so why not?

metrocard

Legend
Fernandez is way better than Bayless and will be on some Ginobili level type shit in no time (Like I predicted).

Its true, Fernandez would fit great with this offense, especially since we need a SG, Chandler can't handle or shoot great, so I would definately give them Robinson, Lee, and Chandler all in one piece. Fernandez is a 20/5/5 guy on 40% 3pt shooting and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. Portland could use a rebounder since they suck at rebounding, and Robinson would replace Fernandez's scoring of the bench, plus they upgrade in the SF department since Chandler > Batum/Outlaw.

Kinda funny how we drafted Chandler over Fernandez...smh Isiah.

Ruldofo Fernandez
Sergio Rodriguez
Ike Diogu

for

Nate Robinson
David Lee
Wilson Chandler

Portland
PG - Robinson/Blake/Bayless
SG - Roy/Webster
SF - Chandler/Batum/Outlaw
PF - Aldridge/Lee
C - Oden/Przybilla/Frye

Knicks
PG - Duhon/Rodriguez
SG - Fernandez/Richardson
SF - Gallinari/Thomas/Jefferies
PF - Harrington/Diogu
C - Jefferies/Curry

I know its a whack line up, but we got two roster spots secured for the future in Fernandez and Gallinari.

Sign Lebron, draft Thabeet in 09 and Rubio in 10'.

We'll be

Rubio
Fernandez
James
Gallinari
Thabeet

BEAST!!!

even though i don't know much about the blazers, they seem to be pretty loaded every where.
they've got steve blake, and rodriguez at the point, bayless as a combo, roy and fernandez as 2's webster as a combo 2 and 3, and batum as a 3.
I'm not to sure if outlaw is a 3, 4, or a combo forward.i just think if there's is any point to get fernandez it's probably now when they've got players to spare and before he's worth more.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oh snap! I just did something involuntary.

Unfortunately, we don't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting Fernandez.

I disagree, i think its rubio that we dont have much of a chance of getting. I dont see us being bad enough to get him. Theres 9 teams that are worse then us, but then again didnt the bulls jump from 10th to 1st?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Ruldofo Fernandez
Sergio Rodriguez
Ike Diogu

for

Nate Robinson
David Lee
Wilson Chandler

If Blazers do trade, it would be to consolidate talent, not to break it into several backups. Besides, Lee and Robinson will want $$$$$$$$ this summer, and Portland cant pay much for backups to Roy and Aldridge.
They can have Rudy Fernandez till 2012 for less than Chandler costs. And Rudy can become God-knows-how-good till 2012.

Lets face it, we aren't getting Rudy, unless we overpay with picks/Gallinari, sad as it is

Btw, what's the facination with Thabeet? The dude is the 2nd coming of Patrick O'Bryant so far, soft as pig belly
He can block, but he's dead scared to bang in the paint against physical centers

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
it seems some NY fans in Seattle are trying to figure out a Rudy trade as well:

ESPN chat 08/12/31 said:
Will (seattle): Who would you rather have, Rudy Fernandez or Wilson Chandler?

sn2.gif
David Thorpe: Rudy Rudy Rudy!!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24351

metrocard

Legend
If Blazers do trade, it would be to consolidate talent, not to break it into several backups. Besides, Lee and Robinson will want $$$$$$$$ this summer, and Portland cant pay much for backups to Roy and Aldridge.
They can have Rudy Fernandez till 2012 for less than Chandler costs. And Rudy can become God-knows-how-good till 2012.

Lets face it, we aren't getting Rudy, unless we overpay with picks/Gallinari, sad as it is

Btw, what's the facination with Thabeet? The dude is the 2nd coming of Patrick O'Bryant so far, soft as pig belly
He can block, but he's dead scared to bang in the paint against physical centers

Firstly, if you can't notice the physical differences between Thabeet and O'Bryant, then you have to be blind. O'Bryant is in the 6"11 range. Thabeet is a PURE 7"3 who can run like powerforward. That physical gift he possesses makes him a very special center, especially in this system.

O'Bryant was a nobody, every scout knew he would be a BUST; he came under the radar, but nothing too crazy; just enough to get him a first round pick by a stupid franchise. He was never that good. Terrible rebounder, defender, shot blocker, and cannot do much offensively; one of the worst centers in the leaguel.

Thabeet is the opposite.
You can't deny Thabeet's work ethic.
Look at his progression from his freshman year to now.
No other college player has improved himself like Thabeet has the last 3 years.
Thabeet has an offensive game now, along with his presence with the defensive skills he posses + hes one of the most elite rebounders in the nation, and is one of the few 7"3 guys in the basketball who actually uses their size to their advantage, along with his desire to be better than he was yesterday.

Thabeet is already mastering passing out of the double team...this kid keeps on LEARNING, WORKING, PROGRESSING and IMPROVING...you add that with the physical gifts he posses, and you get AUTHENTIC potential.

Why should we pass on the next Mutumbo?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Firstly, if you can't notice the physical differences between Thabeet and O'Bryant, then you have to be blind. O'Bryant is in the 6"11 range. Thabeet is a PURE 7"3 who can run like powerforward. That physical gift he possesses makes him a very special center, especially in this system.

O'Bryant was a nobody, every scout knew he would be a BUST; he came under the radar, but nothing too crazy; just enough to get him a first round pick by a stupid franchise. He was never that good. Terrible rebounder, defender, shot blocker, and cannot do much offensively; one of the worst centers in the leaguel.

Thabeet is the opposite.
You can't deny Thabeet's work ethic.
Look at his progression from his freshman year to now.
No other college player has improved himself like Thabeet has the last 3 years.
Thabeet has an offensive game now, along with his presence with the defensive skills he posses + hes one of the most elite rebounders in the nation, and is one of the few 7"3 guys in the basketball who actually uses their size to their advantage, along with his desire to be better than he was yesterday.

Thabeet is already mastering passing out of the double team...this kid keeps on LEARNING, WORKING, PROGRESSING and IMPROVING...you add that with the physical gifts he posses, and you get AUTHENTIC potential.

Why should we pass on the next Mutumbo?

exactly what im saying, if his offense gets better (which it has) he could be an olajuwon type player

_______√ictory_______;78236 said:
I've watched this dude a couple of times,and to me, he's was born to play in D'Antoni's offense.though i would hate to see lee or chandler go;
(cause they're the most complete basketball players this team has)
it's probably gonna take one or the other for the knicks to get fernandez.
i think fernandez is the kinda talent that is gonna exploded the minute he ain't
warming roy's seat on the bench.so personally I would trade either lee or chandler for fernandez.:gony:

i respectful remove chandler from any trade proposal.**** that.he could be a scottie pippen type of player for us.their stats their first 2 years are identical.last night he proved to be a cornerstone of the future for us.