Newest Stephon rumor

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
So Steph will have a ring, so what? We'll still have Mouth Richardson... In all seriousness though I'd like this, good for both parties and hopefully finally move on. Best story line if this happened might be Eddie House and Steph sitting together on the bench. Just wish it wasn't the team I hate the most, but on the bright side if it happens it will make MSG next Knicks-Celts game thread even more entertaining if thats possible:peace:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would be shocked if donnie lets stephon go to the celtics, man i'll be shocked if donnie lets em stay in da east

New New York

Quiet Storm
i would be shocked if donnie lets stephon go to the celtics, man i'll be shocked if donnie lets em stay in da east

Yeah I guess Donnie could prevent him from sighning with an East Team as apart of his buyout. But, it doesnt seem like a Donnie Walsh type move, I mean Dolan may but that sort of mandate on releasing him.

Akamu

The King
Stephon must have really been giving it to the espn writers mothers, they always toss in the negativity in their writings when it comes to Steph, even when it is positive.

Starbury is going to either:

A) Boston
B) LA Lakers
C) SA Spurs
D) Dallas Mavs
E) Miami / Orlando

In that order is how I see it-

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I hate to say it....but the Knicks 6-game losing streak with no first or second scoring option in the rotation are in desperate need for the performance of "Marbury & Curry" for the team offensive weakness.

This way Lee could stick with his double-double performance, and Harrington, Thomas, Jefferies, Malik, and Q.Richardson can concentrate their talents on the defensive end of the court....while the Knicks have better scoring options from Duhon, Nate, Marbury, Chandler, and Curry.
The Knicks will not be a Championship team....but damn! it will be one of the 6 teams to beat in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The haterburys are probably furious now. :lol: :lol: SMH @ all the people who seriously thought nobody wants a 2x All Star with career averages of 19.7 points and 7.8 assists. Even if you don't like Marbury, you have to be crazy to not think there isn't at least a few teams willing to sign a point guard that has the ability to put up All Star numbers.

PS- As much as I hate the Celtics, if Marbury goes to the Celtics, I will be rooting for them in the playoffs. Just as long as they don't play the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
toonz we aint going nowhere, we are Marbury fans but where Knick fans before that

and yea abcd, they pissed off that not only do teams want him but championship caliber teams want him like the Celtic's and Lakers among others

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Some good questions from toons...I really dont know how to answer this. If the Celtics were to sign Marbury and not win the championship, celtics fans and haterburys would probably blame it on starbury. If he was to win a championship with them, he might win back some of his haters which would be a great thing but Celtics haters like such as myself would hate to see them win another championship. I would have to boycott espn for a while again. I hope he rethinks this, or maybe like others have said Donnie wont allow him to go to the Celtics :crossfingers:

JayJ44

Starter
I really hope he doesn't go to the Celtics. One of their few weaknesses is their bench, and bringing Marbury in would definitely help. Although they need bigs more than a guard, but he would help with their scoring off the bench. For me, I hope he either goes to the Lakers or the Magic. I root for both of those teams, and Marbury going to either one would greatly improve their chances at a title.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yo but doesnt marbury and eddie house have beef???i couldve sworn they went at it publicly in training camp and during the game they was jawing at each other...once again i would be shocked if he was to go to boston

New New York

Quiet Storm
The haterburys are probably furious now. :lol: :lol: SMH @ all the people who seriously thought nobody wants a 2x All Star with career averages of 19.7 points and 7.8 assists. Even if you don't like Marbury, you have to be crazy to not think there isn't at least a few teams willing to sign a point guard that has the ability to put up All Star numbers.

PS- As much as I hate the Celtics, if Marbury goes to the Celtics, I will be rooting for them in the playoffs. Just as long as they don't play the Knicks.

Naw you would have to be a fool to think no one was going to pick up Steph, especially at 1 million per season and he is in tip top shape. Look I would be happy for Steph if this was any other team he is going to. Even if he went to another East team like Orlando I would be cool, and I could see myself even rooting for them, but I couldnt root for The C's even if they brought Pat out of retirement to help him get a ring! Really Ray Allen and KG were two of my favorite players until they became Celtics.

But hey, atleast this way Steph can quite all the critics saying he never made out the first round of The Playoffs, so I could be happy for him shedding that monkey off his back!

Kiyaman

Legend
I want Steph to sign with the Houston Rockets so three N.Y. players (Skip, Artest, and Steph) have a 7 game showdown with the Lakers over who's going to the FINALS...