Hi everyone. The beat writers are reporting that Curry practiced today. Here is a list of things he can contribute from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
- He can trail fast breaks and bull through the lane for easy baskets. This will require Curry to be in shape and, while he wonít need to be the first player up the court, he will need to get up the court and do it fast. Is he capable? I guess weíll see.
- Take up space in the paint on D. As most any Knicks fan can tell you, opposing teams are able to just waltz their way into the paint. Even outside shooters like Wally Szczerbiak have torched the Knicks inside. It happens every game. Well, Curry doesnít block shots, but he can take up space and interfere with drives. Often all it takes to turn a make into a miss is to get in someoneís way, even if the shot isnít blocked. Curry is a big body that can get in a cutterís or penetratorís way and alter a shot without necessarily blocking it.
- He is a low post presence. The Knicks have been living and dying (mostly dying lately) on their jump shooting. When the shots donít fall, the Knicks lose. Curry is a high percentage shot kind of player, with excellent shooting percentages over his career. Also, when the Knicks are forced into playing in the half-court set, they have no threat down low and nobody who commands a double team. Curry has the potential to represent both of those.
- Depth. Another competent body on the floor will be invaluable at this point to spell some players on this tired, injured squad.
- Balance. He is the Knicks one true Center (besides Jerome James).