Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread

Game Thread Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread

The New York Knicks (12-19) vs The Boston Smelltics (29-5)
    Sun. 1/4 at 6:00pm ET on MSG

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Sunday Nights game against the Boston Celtics. The Knicks have struggled recently, dropping 3 of their last 10 games. They dont seem to be consistently bringing the type of effort and energy that it takes to win games. They are now the 4th worst team in the Eastern Conference, and 10th worst in the NBA. The Knicks most recent loss, Friday night against the Pacers, was a bad one that Im sure Mike D'antoni wasn't too happy with. It was a winnable game, the Knicks had the lead late in the 4th but were unable to hold on. It shouldn't had been a close enough game in the 1st place, for the Pacers to have a chance to win. Had the Knicks played with more energy through out the first 3 quarters, they would have had this one.

The Boston Celtics have the best record in the NBA. They get it done with great team defense, unselfish offense, and consistency. Theres alot to learn from a team like the Celtics, its not such a bad thing for a team like the Knicks to play them. Thats how you get better. Teams like the Celtics and the Cavs define what a team is, putting we before I. The Knicks have good timing, or at least better timing then the Washington Wizards did. The Celtics recently lost to the Portland Trail Blazers. They took out their frustration on the Wizards, beating them 108 to 83 on Friday Night.

The Knicks will have to play hard for 48 minutes to win this game. They have no pressure on them. They're playing the best team in the league at their home. The Knicks are expected to lose, if they manage to come away with a win they will recieve great praise from the media and rightfully so. They need to play intense like the Knicks from the 90's. No layups, every shot contested, and stingy defense. They need to believe in themselves, a win for the Knicks in Boston would make many Knicks fans very happy, including myself.

If you were unable to see the Pacers game heres Highlights:

STARTING LINEUPS

The Boston Selltics

pg-Rajon Rambo
    sg-Ray Fallen
    sf-Paula Pierced
    pf-Kevin UnderGarments
    C-Kendrip Slurpins

Backups: Eddie Mouse, Tony Gallon, Leon Powe, Big Baby Davis, Brian Scalaweeny, Gay Pruitt, Stephon Marbury

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
    AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
    AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
    AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
    AT CENTER JARED JEFFRIES

BACKUPS: AL HARRINGTON, NATE ROBINSON, TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE, JEROME JAMES

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Quentin Richardson vs Jesus Shuttlesworth

VS

Quentin Richardson

Why did I choose Richardson vs Allen? Because a couple weeks ago Richardson was one of the few Knicks who was able to put up some points against the Celtics in Boston. He scored 29 points and shot 10 for 19, while grabbing 4 rebounds and dishing out 4 assists. His jumpshot was on and the Celtics couldnt do anything about it.

Ray Allen

PPG 17.8
    RPG 3.4
    APG 2.6
    SPG 0.8
    BPG 0.1
    FG% 0.493
    FT% 0.920
    3P% 0.399
    MPG 35.7

Allen is putting up good numbers but more importantly his team is winning. Hes solidified his spot as one of the best pure shooters to ever play the game. Hes fitting in much better this year in Boston. If he gets going early it could be a long night for the Knicks.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
    • Defense for 48 Minutes
    • Move the ball on offense
    • Be ready to score points from the opening tip
    • Don't fall for Rondos fakes
    • Dont leave shooters open

Player Spotlight

Chris Duhon

Chris Duhon has to do a better job of defending Rajon Rondo. He allowed Rondo to torch him in the previous meeting. Rondo scored 26 points on 12-14 shooting. Most of those points came from uncontested layups. Its a known fact that the Knicks dont have a shot blocker (unless you count Jared Jeffries, who had 4 blocks Friday against Indiana). Duhon has to keep Rambo out of the paint. Rambo cant shoot, so why would someone play up on him? I would give him his space and if he knocks down a couple jumpshots, then maybe I'd guard him tighter but make him prove himself.

Stephon Marbury >> Rondo >> Duhon

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Nas
    Title:Family ft. Mobb Deep
    Album:Nastradamus
    Year:1999

Download "Family" Here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Tue, Jan 6 @ Oklahoma City 8:00 PM
    • Thu, Jan 8 @ Dallas 8:30 PM
    • Sat, Jan 10 @ Houston 8:30 PM
    • Mon, Jan 12 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM
    • Wed, Jan 14 Washington 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Sunday night on MSG and Happy Holidays to all!!!!!

Watching Duhon get to the bucket only to miss layups really makes me wish we had Marbury at our service...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

nice thread MSG, always putting in the extra effort when we play the Celtics...and great choice on the song Nas is the man(and still is btw) only dude i like more then him is the greatest... Tupac(rip)....love the part where nas goes
    "Click your Timbs three times, the wizard is Nas
    Grant you a wish, you get rich while listenin hard"

anyways back to the game we cant give em open looks like we did last game...all we gotta do is keep a man infront of Rondo and he'll be slowed down; and Q-Rich is a big question mark we dont know what we'll get outta him could be a big game could be an 0-for-?....Chandler is getting his confidence up and should have a good game, and Harrington looks like he's back to his normal self

i kno this has nothing to do wit the game(nice game thread by the way MSG) but do ya kno that "He got Game" was referenced to marbury but since he couldnt act, they got ray allen as a replacement

wow i didnt know that....and MSG nice message u got there, i must admit i agree....

Originally Posted by datruth
    i kno this has nothing to do wit the game(nice game thread by the way MSG) but do ya kno that "He got Game" was referenced to marbury but since he couldnt act, they got ray allen as a replacement
    Thanks for sharing that

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    wow i didnt know that....and MSG nice message u got there, i must admit i agree....
    I think i know what your talking about

Marburys time will be here soon

hell yea marbury the man(no homo).....and that song you posted made me go on a "listen to nas hour" loll...i love that song u posted...but no one touches Tupac

Lmao at pierce with that fat b*tch.
    Great thread msg, as always. Is steph really playing for boston? Besides the Jets(F**K!!!!!!!!!!), I haven't been following sports for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully we at least put a good effort in and show that we will not lay down (no homo) for anyone. Except for the cheerleaders of course. Boston wins 107 to 99.

Prince, I respect your opinion, but I beg to differ on who the best MC is...

Marburys not really with the Celtics....yet

I gotta agree with Datprince, for a while I've had Pac at #1, Nas at #2, and Rakim at #3. Pacs not even one of my top 10 favorites but I consider him to be the greatest because of his versatility.

I think Nas is easily more skilled then Pac as a lyricist. And thats one of my favorite lines Datprince, when Nas said "Click your Timbs three times, the wizard is Nas

Prodigys one of my favorites but he got bodied on that track...Nas always outshined Prodigy, every song they did together

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

I gotta agree with Datprince, for a while I've had Pac at #1, Nas at #2, and Rakim at #3. Pacs not even one of my top 10 favorites but I consider him to be the greatest because of his versatility.

I think Nas is easily more skilled then Pac as a lyricist. And thats one of my favorite lines Datprince, when Nas said "Click your Timbs three times, the wizard is Nas

Prodigys one of my favorites but he got bodied on that track...Nas always outshined Prodigy, every song they did together
    It would be nice to see steph with kg again.
    In my opinion, I got nas at #1 then Rakim at #2, pac to me is top 5 but he's not very lyrical in the sense that his words don't make me think too much. I do like the way pac had great emotion in the words that he spit as well as the topics he talked about, but that's it. What I'm wondering is how much of nas' work have you heard?

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    In my opinion, I got nas at #1 then Rakim at #2, pac to me is top 5 but he's not very lyrical in the sense that his words don't make me think too much. I do like the way pac had great emotion in the words that he spit as well as the topics he talked about, but that's it. What I'm wondering is how much of nas' work have you heard?
    At one point or another I've owned every Nas cd except streets Disciple, but I got Nas' discography burned to 2 mp3's. I've spent alotta time listening to Nas, and i think Nas, rakim, and Pac are all very worthy of that #1 spot.

great song b, nas is easily #!\1 tome...nas is more versitile than pac...that track with bone thugs, dudes had to slow down the beat cuz it was too fast for pac....unlike biggie n nas who ride any beat....pac was passionate, n put his heart on tracks ad his voice showed the pain, anger, love. juss my opinion tho

im still followin jefferies and his defense. im looking for 3 or more blocks again.

Nas is more skilled, he is the most intelligent artist there ever was, some of the songs i love by nas are one mic, purple, halftime, the message, the word is yours i could go on-and-on

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Pac was great with words but he wasnt the most lyrical, but he was more then just a rapper and the messages he sent out in his songs, and what he meant to hip-hop

he recorded over 100 songs that were unreleased when he got shot(rip) and they've been accumilated int albums over the years, and thats an amazing feat....and the fact that he knew he wasnt gonna be around much longer and you could know it by listening to his songs he was the best...

At one point or another I've owned every Nas cd except streets Disciple, but I got Nas' discography burned to 2 mp3's. I've spent alotta time listening to Nas, and i think Nas, rakim, and Pac are all very worthy of that #1 spot.
    yea Rakim is the godfather of rap, he started it all in a way, Nas is the most intelligent there is, Biggie could see something happen infront of him 2day and make a hit out of it and make it flow into a story( see ,i got a story to tell)[rip] and tupac was a figure and stood for so much, and was very influencing, one song he could make me wanna take over the world (gangsta party, love to bumbit), another will make me shake my head at society (brendas got a baby) and yet i listen to another and i get emotional( thugs mansion, life goes on)...

my top five is:
    Tupac
    Nas
    Biggie
    Rakim
    Jay-z

*we need a thread like this in hangot where u list top artist and favotirte songs by them, ill make one soon*

my top five is:
    Tupac
    Nas
    Biggie
    Rakim
    Jay-z

Can't much argue with that list at all Prince.

Praying I'm wrong, but I like 112-88 Celts, 4 blown layups for Jeffries, D'Antoni getting T'd up and Tim Thomas having a very sore toe but taking comfort in the fact that Glen Davis tells him its ok to cry sometimes

im hoping for a knicks victory, the celtics have been losing lately, but so have the knicks, the celtics are a beatable team, but for some reason the celtics always play an amazing game when they face the knicks. we need a good first quarter in order to have a good game. please keep this game close.

GO KNICKS!!!