Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread

I really doubt we could pull out a win. Golden State did it, so it's possible. Maybe they won't play well since they're on the road. If we can keep it close and get off to a good start, we have a chance. But it's very unlikely.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Toons

im still followin jefferies and his defense. im looking for 3 or more blocks again.

i agree.. jeffries is going to have a monster game... i see him going 12 for 14 from the field 7 for 8 from the charity line.... but enough about his "O" ... let's get to his "D"... 22 bounds, 7 blocks, including 3 on kg... and so many altered shots i lost count... take that bill russell...

toons..how am i doing???

^ haha..yea Jefferies is good for takin a momentum-less charge every now and again, not much else....

I'd say knicks hopefully hang with in 6 or 7 for the first quarter, start falling behind more thereon after...guessing Celtics by 17 in end after a little knick run with 4 min left in the 4th....

it'd def be a huge boost to sneak a win though..laker game status

Knicks shock everyone and somehow pull out a win.

112-108

If Jeffries could provide any offense he might actually have some value but he cant. Hes one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen. Ill even go as far as saying hes worse then Travis Knight.

Its too bad because his 4 blocks against the Pacers was nice. Thats the biggest problem with this team and thats been the biggest problem for the last 3 or 4 years in my opinion, we dont have anyone to protect the basket. Its too easy to score in the paint against us. Lee does absolutely nothing. He stays out of foul trouble by keeping his hands and staying in place. And its not his fault, no one ever said he was supposed to block a couple shots a game. He might be a good team defender on a team that plays defense, but hes a terrible one on one defender. He gets eaten alive down low...uh..no homo.

Couple upsets today, let's hope it continues with us. Raptor beat the Magic, Wizards beat the Cavs, and the Grizzlies are up like 10 on the Mavs in the beginning of the 4th. I think we can pull this one out if we play hard, play defense. The Celtics haven't been playing well at home, and it seems like Harrington is back to normal offensively.

Great thread MSG, love your Celtic ones.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    If Jeffries could provide any offense he might actually have some value but he cant. Hes one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen. Ill even go as far as saying hes worse then Travis Knight.

better watch it, u will get the 'wrath of toon' coming down on ya....

Right now it's going rather well, but Harrington is a bit of a black whole, isn't he?

Our defense is incredible to start. If we can keep this up, and shoot well, we might be able to win. Very impressed with our defensive effort, putting Jeffries on Rondo seems to be working.

Originally Posted by paris401
    better watch it, u will get the 'wrath of toon' coming down on ya....

no1 ever said jefferies was good offensively. i dont know what ur getting at. in my posts i stated jeffereies blocks and lee's steals.....if i want to follow it, its my prerogative. jefferies is a bum, we all know this, but we have finally seen a flash of what he can do. oh, i get it now, ur an isiahsecual who does not appreciate defensive effort. BLOCKS ARENT LIKE REBOUNDS, YOU HAVE TO WANT TO BLOCK A SHOT, YOU HAVE TO GO AFTER IT. Jeff did something no knick has done in the past 4 years (correct me if im wrong) by haveing 4 blocks in one game. if you dont like the fact that i gave jj sum shine for helping out in the win, then too bad bro....im still gonna point out defensive improvements. if u dont like what i have to say, ignore me....punk ass

btw, keep refreshing ur page for stats, bcuz u aint seein what im seein on the floor

lol wtf is Q-Rich doing

Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree.. jeffries is going to have a monster game... i see him going 12 for 14 from the field 7 for 8 from the charity line.... but enough about his "O" ... let's get to his "D"... 22 bounds, 7 blocks, including 3 on kg... and so many altered shots i lost count... take that bill russell...

toons..how am i doing???
    making yourself look like an idiot

what's our record on missed jumpers in a game?
    q-rich seems to be going at it lol

Jeffries is doing alright, getting a bunch of rebounds and altering shots. Q-Rich is terrible. If we got anything from him, we would be leading by a fair amount.

Is it just me, or do the Celtics get A LOT of help from the refs?

how many times a game does Garnett drop the F bomb?