View Poll Results: Which Knick is currently hurting us the most?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jared Jeffries

5 25.00%
  • Wilson Chandler

2 10.00%
  • Chris Duhon

0 0%
  • Quentin Richardson

8 40.00%
  • David Lee

0 0%
  • Tim Thomas

2 10.00%
  • Al Harrington

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Knick is hurting us the most?

Question Mark What Knick is hurting us the most?

This is only the players that are actually playing which excludes Marbury, Malik Rose, James, and Gallinari because Malik and James play barely any minutes and Gallinari has been out all season.

I have one vote for Quentin Richardson, what about everyone else?
    Last edited by Paul1355; Jan 03, 2009 at 16:38.

Q is fat, whack, and should not be starting. With his 12 ppg, 40% fg, we should try to trade him ASAP, before he goes down to his typical 35%.

I vote Jeffries cause the dude can't even make a lay-up at 6'11" and his defensive game is way over hyped! (and he's also on the cap longer than Q )

Veteran

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    I vote Jeffries cause the dude can't even make a lay-up at 6'11" and his defensive game is way over hyped! (and he's also on the cap longer than Q )
    agree... and he is one ugly MOFO...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

as i expected its close between jeffries and Q-Rich, Q-Rich shows up to play once every 5 games or so and Jeffries, is.....Jeffries

the ones that aren't playing are really hurting us most though

we aren't that bad as we look since the trades, but we badly need 2-3 more rotation players. our guys are mostly used to backup minutes, but since the trades, they are playing heaviest minutes of their life on uber pace
    so no wonder they are all starting to look like scrubs

I'm not blaming any of our guys that play, they are simply tired or not talented enough to play these minutes.
    Not like they asked for it.

Think of it - what kind of team gives big consistent minutes to Q-Rich and Jeffries anyway?
    Im sure D'Antoni can see that they suk. but what can he do? play the other backups 48 minutes a game? and when they all get heart attacks, go back to Q-Rich and Jeffries and play them 48 minutes?

the last couple of games i'll say al harrington cuz he's capable of doing so much better but he settles for the perimeter...he also gets out of control and seems like he tryin to hard, stops the flow of the offense in key spots, even gunnning up crazy 3's

I gotta say Mike D'antoni has hurt us the most. His decision to tell the entire team that Stephon Marbury would not be playing in the first game cost us about 8-10 wins and a playoff birth. Marbury sat there on the bench, expecting to play. Meanwhile, Mike D'antoni and the rest of the team knew that he wasnt going to be playing. Thats embarrassing, and thats not how a team should treat a teammate. I wouldnt play for the Knicks again either if I was Starbury.

Besides Mike D'antoni, no individual player has hurt us. Its the fact that were undersized and we dont have as much talent as other teams thats hurting us.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I gotta say Mike D'antoni has hurt us the most. His decision to tell the entire team that Stephon Marbury would not be playing in the first game cost us about 8-10 wins and a playoff birth. Marbury sat there on the bench, expecting to play. Meanwhile, Mike D'antoni and the rest of the team knew that he wasnt going to be playing. Thats embarrassing, and thats not how a team should treat a teammate. I wouldnt play for the Knicks again either if I was Starbury.

Besides Mike D'antoni, no individual player has hurt us. Its the fact that were undersized and we dont have as much talent as other teams thats hurting us.
    SMH... When things go stale you can always count on MSG to make some sort of point that brings Marbury into the equation.

I think it is JJ over Q because Q plays good D and he dosnt always get the ball that much for threes and some games he gets the ball alot...Id rather have Q shoot threes than Tim Thomas and WILSON CHANDLER because im sick of watching them hit the side of the backboard lol....Jeffries cant make a layup and dosnt need to be guarded on Offense in a system that requires good offensive players...Since Jeffries and Harrington got here we have been playing halfcourt ball watching nate robinson do crossovers and AL posting up becuase Jeffries requires no attention on offense for the Ball movement to work!

I think it's Jeffries. He's constantly wasting opportunities on offense, and pretty much has zero offensive game. His defense is alright, nothing special really. Q-Rich at least has a good shooting night about once a week or so.

Veteran

How about adding the coach & president to the list....the coach DNP and had inactivated a renew Marbury that could've guided Duhon, Nate, and Collins to a winning season....the president waited 9 months to make two major trades that he could've easly made in July....but made these trades when the Knicks had a team chemistry 6-4 record to start the season....plus the players he got in return are 5 times worst than the players he traded them for.

Q.Rich and Jefferies has always been in the top 3 worst Knick players since becomming a Knick....yet they are still Knicks receiving playingtime b/c of the coach and president.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

This is so true.

Knicks need Marbury.

Look at how they play.

No dynamic scorers
    No pentrators.
    Just dudes settling for jumpshots.

You have to establish the penetrating/driving game before you establish the jumpshot game, just like rushing before passing in football.

If we had Marbury, other guys would find it easier to take less contested jumpshots because the other team would be focus on Marbury's efficient penetration.

Oh well, its too late for that now.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

exactly metro and MSG, hate to say it but this season is lost....

marbury can't do squat for this team. we already took a chance on hoping the kid would be a franchise player and take the team places but he didn't; he did zero...we need him as far away as possible